hopeforme

no separation at stokes interview and also no decision after the interview

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyBody. This is my first time posting here.

So here is my story,

Me and my USC wife are married for 3years now. SHe has babe(my step son). I have come here with f1 visa.

We Applied in June/2014. I received both the work permit and interview notice letter in november/2014 . The interview date was 12/02/2014. Me and my wife and lawyer got there at 8am. We were called around 8:30am.The io got our IDs and the oath and started the interview in an aggressive way. We responded everything beside the fact that he was not pleased with the fact that I met my wife dad only 3times in 3 and half year. He kept repeated that question. Anyway after 30min we were done and he told us he will send us his decision by mail. After a month waiting , my lawyer called me on January/10/2015 that we were scheduled for a second interview (stokes interview) in just 4days(January/14/2015).

Me, my wife, my step son and my lawyer went all together to that second interview. We got there earlier. We were called

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from Fam.-based AOS to Fam.-based AOS Progress Forum~

~Commentary about AOS progress~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

What happened at the second interview?

Spoiler
AOS
Day 0 (4/29/14) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765) via Fedex
Day 2 (5/01/14) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
Day 9 (5/08/14) Received NOAs in the mail
Day 13 (5/12/14) Received biometrics appointment for 06/03/14
Day 35 (6/03/14) Biometrics in Houston TX
Day 48 (6/16/14) Received email & text notification of an interview on 8/12/14
Day 65 (7/03/14) EAD card production
Day 77 (7/15/14) Received EAD
Day 105 (8/12/14) Interview (Approved)
Day 111 (8/18/14) GC received in the mail
ROC
Day 0 (5/16/16) I-751 package sent via USPS Certified Priority Mail (3 lb 0.5 oz)
Day 1 (5/17/16) I-751 package received at CSC lockbox
Day 9 (5/25/16) Check appears as pending transaction-Check cashed
Day 39 (6/24/16) Call USCIS to open case inquiry
Day 73 (7/28/16) Received Biometrics Letter
Day 87 (8/11/16) Biometrics Appointment
Day 205 (12/2/16) I-751 Approved
Day 211 (12/8/16) GC received in the mail
N-400
Day 0 (5/23/17) N-400 package sent via Fedex
Day 10 (6/02/17) I-797C NOA Reject Notice - Outdated version of N-400
Day 11 (6/03/17) N-400 package sent via USPS
Day 15 (06/07/17) Credit Card charged USCIS fee
Day 20 (06/12/17) NOA received 
Day 24 (06/16/17) Biometrics Appointment Letter received
Day 36 (06/28/17) Biometrics Appointment
Day 51 (07/13/17) Online Status changed to "Interview was Scheduled"
Day 58 (07/20/17) Interview Letter arrived
Day 86 (08/17/17) Interview Date - Recommended for Approval

henna

What happened at the second interview?

It was as usual. She asked me about my wife family, their names, my step son birthday and favorite foods. She also asked my wife about my family, WHO is my best friend , how does he look like.

I did not see anything wrong with the interview. We were all(me , my wife, my lawyer) surprised of how it went so easy compared to what people say about stokes interview.

The io herself said after about 20mins that she did not need to seperate us.

That is why I'm so confused. If she was convinced already, she could just give us the decision right away.

Have you ever seen a Stoke interview case where the husband and wife were not seperated?

This waiting is so painful.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

It was as usual. She asked me about my wife family, their names, my step son birthday and favorite foods. She also asked my wife about my family, WHO is my best friend , how does he look like.

I did not see anything wrong with the interview. We were all(me , my wife, my lawyer) surprised of how it went so easy compared to what people say about stokes interview.

The io herself said after about 20mins that she did not need to seperate us.

That is why I'm so confused. If she was convinced already, she could just give us the decision right away.

Have you ever seen a Stoke interview case where the husband and wife were not seperated?

This waiting is so painful.

this wasn;t a stokes interview if you weren't separated

Hey guys, I just noticed that only half of my post writing was posted. Therefore it was confusing to understand my post.

I just recreated a new one that contain my whole point.

New post link:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/534051-no-separation-at-stokes-interview-and-also-no-decision-after-the-interview/

Edited by hopeforme

Forget about the new link above. They don't allowed supplicate post.

Here is my full post:

Hi everyBody. This is my first time posting here.

So here is my story,

Me and my USC wife are married for 3years now. SHe has babe(my step son). I have come here with f1 visa.

We Applied in June/2014. I received both the work permit and interview notice letter in november/2014 . The interview date was 12/02/2014. Me and my wife and lawyer got there at 8am. We were called around 8:30am.The io got our IDs and the oath and started the interview in an aggressive way. We responded everything beside the fact that he was not pleased with the fact that I met my wife dad only 3times in 3 and half year. He kept repeated that question. Anyway after 30min we were done and he told us he will send us his decision by mail. After a month waiting , my lawyer called me on January/10/2015 that we were scheduled for a second interview (stokes interview) in just 4days(January/14/2015).

Me, my wife, my step son and my lawyer went all together to that second interview. We got there earlier. We were called around 11:30am. The new io, after taking our IDs again and the oath , told us that she will interview us together in the same room but if there is misunderstanding that she will separate us. We said OK. I did not see any tape recorder nor camera(maybe they were hidden). She started asking the same questions basically. It was very smooth and 100times better than the first one. She was laughing with us and all of that. If was nothing compared to what people are saying about stoke interview. Then she said she did not need to separate us. And then after 20mins of that interview, we were done. I was hoping she gives us her decision right away, but she said she will review it again and send us her decision by mail.

It is been 2weeks now I havent heard from them. People who went through the Stoke interview usually received their decision at most 2days after the interview in all posts i have seen in the immigration forums over the net.

Why is mine taking forever?

Does anybody have an idea?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Another duplicate thread removed. Please let this remain your only thread on the subject.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.