555 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I'm sending out our packet registered mail on Monday after work. Have some serious business at Kinko's today to get boarding passes and color photos copied!

Luckily kitkat gave us a heads up that the new I129F form is now ready.

Anyone else???

Joined Blog Dorkdom. Read here: Visit My Website

• Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Since you've still got the paperwork in hand, why don't you just fill out the new one? There's a box at the top of the new form saying that if the old is received, it'll be returned to you with the check uncashed.

Luckily the I-129F doesn't require the beneficiary's signature so I've managed to screw it up several times and have to print another with nothing lost but my patience!

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

why didn't you save it to your computer and use adobe to type it out?

because my fiance wrote his address in arabic on the second page and there's no way i could write it out myself if i printed out the new one.

the old form is acceptable until feb 18th.

Edited by abdounjen

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Timeline

because my fiance wrote his address in arabic on the second page and there's no way i could write it out myself if i printed out the new one.

Gotcha! Makes sense.

Hopefully the prior form will be accepted! My line of thinking (erring on the side of caution and #######-retentiveness) is that they had planned on accepting the prior version until 2/18, not knowing when they'd have the newest version available. It's not clear whether this is true (or maybe they'll just let it slip by) because the newest version of the form says:

Prior versions of this form will be rejected, and the fee returned, with instructions to resubmit the entire filing using the current version of this form.

As to why I just didn't save it on Adobe...who knows! :) It was only the first page I kept screwing up so it was easy enough to print out that first page again.

Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

:dance: TEAM FEBRUARY!!!! :dance:

I'm shooting to have mine out on February 14th - Valentine's Day AND Shivaratri, a big holiday at the temple where K and I met... (L)

I'm just waiting for the yak caravan to arrive from Kat with K's photo, G325A and letter of intent...Go Yaks Go!!! :lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Guatemala
Timeline

FEBRUARY FILER!!!

I think I might beat everyone, I have a USPS receipt saying I mailed it Feb. 1st at 8:32am CST.

Good luck, have a sense of humor, and lets all hope us Feb filers get early approvals and NO REFS!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

I express mailed my packet on 2/2 so they should have it by noon on Monday...

Let us hope for quick replies.... I was soooo happy when I finally mailed my packet...

My big surprise was on the morning I was going to mail the packet. I had not noticed that it said on page 2 of the I-129 to write the address of your significant other in the native alphabet for their country if they do not use Roman letters....

Guess what... I can not write in THAI! :wacko:

So... after panicking a few minutes and kicking myself for not having Suphee write her address for me a few days earlier when I was still in Thailand, I remembered the local Thai restaurant... they of course congratulated me and said 'Of course one of us would be glad to write the address in Thai for you..."

:dance: : :dance: : :dance: : :dance: : :dance: : :dance:

Kendall & Suphee

01/01/2007 Engaged in Thailand

02/02/2007 I-129F Sent express mail to Texas Service Center

02/05/2007 I-129F signed for

02/12/2007 Check cashed by USCIS

02/17/2007 NOA1 snail mail

05/08/2007 NOA2 (Guess... Never got notice)

05/15/2007 NVC receives approved I-129F

05/22/2007 NVC sends to BKK

05/29/2007 BKK Consulate receives

06/01/2007 BKK Consulate sends packet 3 (Suphee never receives)

06/05/2007 BKK Consulate re-sends packet 3 (Suphee never receives)

06/06/2007 BKK Consulate emails packet 3

06/06/2007 Return packet 3 via DHL

06/13/2007 BKK Sends packet 4 and assigns Interview date

07/19/2007 INTERVIEW

07/20/2007 VISA (hopefully)

Timeline

GNB: I'm almost positive that the statement of intent to marry needs to have your original signature on it.

Kendall: what a sweet, inventive solutions! Good one!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
I express mailed my packet on 2/2 so they should have it by noon on Monday...

Let us hope for quick replies.... I was soooo happy when I finally mailed my packet...

My big surprise was on the morning I was going to mail the packet. I had not noticed that it said on page 2 of the I-129 to write the address of your significant other in the native alphabet for their country if they do not use Roman letters....

Guess what... I can not write in THAI! :wacko:

So... after panicking a few minutes and kicking myself for not having Suphee write her address for me a few days earlier when I was still in Thailand, I remembered the local Thai restaurant... they of course congratulated me and said 'Of course one of us would be glad to write the address in Thai for you..."

:dance: : :dance: : :dance: : :dance: : :dance: : :dance:

####### - I didn't notice that - thanks for the heads up! I'll have to ask my Nepali bhai who works at the pizza place around the corner. :)

Edited by deathbydalbhat

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline

ya thats why i need to send in the old form...my fiance already wrote his address in arabic. i guess if all else fails, and my passport doesn't get here in time for the 18th, (please god no) then i can go to a local moroccan restaurant and ask them to write it. i would just rather have it signed by my fiance and KNOW its correct.

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Kendall,

That was good thinking.

Good luck to all of you February Filers!

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I'm sending out our packet registered mail on Monday after work. Have some serious business at Kinko's today to get boarding passes and color photos copied!

Luckily kitkat gave us a heads up that the new I129F form is now ready.

Anyone else???

Good luck! I just filed last Friday and used the old I-129F as it's good until Feb. 18, 2007.

Still, I have checked the USPS site 4 times already :blush: Get there! Get there! :o

2-2-07 Sent I-129F to NSC

2-6-07 NSC received USPS mail, NSC then to CSC

2-15-07 NOA1 -file received

2-16-07 check cashed

2-23-07 touched

5-4-07 NOA2 approval -email

5-13-07 sent cancellation request letter

6-7-07 we're going to retry with a K-3

8-6-07 married in Thailand (dual language, dual representation prenuptial)

8-7-07 sent K3 from Bangkok

9-10-07 I-130 NOA1, (received at CSC 8-9-07)

10-9-07 sent I-129F to CSC

11-1-07 touched I-130

requested consular processing I-130 (http://www.uscis.gov/files/pressrelease/PN_i-129f.pdf)

9-13-07 I-129F for Spouse arrived CSC via USPS return rcpt. requested

4-1-08 NOA2 for K3 (I-134 supposed to be processed but processed I-129F instead)

7-11-08 interview Bangkok, passed.

7-16-08 POE arrival, 2 hours in Seattle Customs.

AOS I-486 sent 4-4-09

AOS NOA1 4-13-09 for all; I-485, I-131, I765

RFE 4-27-09 Thai official document in lieu of original Birth Certificate not sufficient???

Infopass appointment 5-26-09 at USCIS. Officer thought our doc was valid and doesn't know why the RFE.

7-28-09 EAD and AP sent

Social Security card 8-4-09

interview 9-10-09

10 year green card expires 9-17-19, Permanent Resident Card.

Resident since 9-10-09.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.