Snoker

case stuck between USCIS and NVC

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NVC received our case yesterday really terrific news for us waiting for case number to assigned

NVC received our case yesterday really terrific news for us waiting for case number to assigned

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

so sad! our case start WAC too uscis said they sent 19th December to nvc and they haven't received yet our 130 approved within 15 days so might be that's why but we are hoping & praying !

Finally NVC received our case. I just called them today and they said that the case arrived at the building on January 14 and also said to allow up to 40 days to assign a case number to the case.

Apparently the NVC was entering cases on their system by alphabetic order as the tier-2 supervisor from USCIS told me.

That's good.

USCIS
June 01, 2013 I-130 Started

June 10, 2013 Priority Date
June 14, 2013 NOA 1
September 10, 2013 NOA 2

NVC
October 21, 2013 AoS Fee Paid
December 22, 2013 DS261 Submitted
December 27, 2013 DS261 Accepted ( via email )
December 28, 2013 IV Fee Bill Invoiced
December 29, 2013 AoS Package Sent
December 30, 2013 IV Fee Paid & DS260 Submitted
January 11, 2014 IV Package Sent
January 07, 2014 AoS Package Received ( call NVC )
January 15, 2014 IV Package Received ( call NVC )
January 27,2014 Received AoS Checklists ( email )
January 27,2014 Received IV Checklists ( email )
February 25,2014 Sent IV Checklists back
February 28,2014 IV Checklists Package Delivered
March 5,2014 Sent AOS Checklists back
March 10,2014 AOS Checklists Package Delivered
March 19,2014 Case Completed ( call NVC )
March 22,2014 Case Completed ( CC email )

Consulate
February 05,2015 Interview Letter
March 12,2015 Interview

I know that USCIS has Philippines on expedited, and my friend, just has his K-1 approved 11-26, and NVC, informed him that his case went to the embassy 1-12-15. So I guess, that NVC is on ex, also, for Philippines.

If the USCIS and NVC can be so efficient with these expedited cases, why not so with the regular ones. I am sure that the Philippines is one of the most, if not the most filed K-1 visa's.

Even so, when me and my wife went through in 2012-early 2013 (no expedited) our case was at NVC about a day and a half.

What has changed? Why an average of 42 days now? Just glad we are not going through this process now. Strange things happen, it seems, and my heart goes out to our suffering members, who, say, "We cannot find our petition" and other things, the system is just so messed up right now.

I hope the expedition will apply for me too, I am the beneficiary from Philippines but I am in working visa here at Canada! ?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally NVC received our case. I just called them today and they said that the case arrived at the building on January 14 and also said to allow up to 40 days to assign a case number to the case.

Apparently the NVC was entering cases on their system by alphabetic order as the tier-2 supervisor from USCIS told me.

Petitions are received daily, so processing them by alphabetical order makes no sense whatsoever. No calling you out, bsayed, but it just wouldn't make sense at all. So a guy named Zimmerman has to wait until there are no more petitions being filed by anyone, ever, before they get to his case? Just wouldn't make sense.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

45 days to get to NVC from USCIS, or 45 days at NVC until it's sent to the embassy?

to get to nvc till assigning case number

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.