fisnik

Does someone know why texas service center is being so slow

53 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

My fiance lives in MA and our application (K1) was also sent to TSC :( (the night I got the news I was crying until I was close to a mental breakdown..) We had been hoping for Vermont since that's where we thought K1s from MA would go (I also believe they are assigned randomly now). We received the NOA1 on Feb. 12th this year. Yesterday my fiance called them and he was told that our file would be processed by them "in 4 months or so" <_<

Originally we had hoped to get married in late summer or early fall and have a nice BBQ with all the family. Now we can consider ourselves lucky if it will happen this year at all. We are seriously considering to just sign the papers when we get married and have our celebration *next* summer :unsure:

The worst thing is not being able to see each other all those months. :cry: My fiance's vacation days are almost used up and I can't enter the US while my file is pending (that's a risk I don't want to take since it could make all the months spent waiting wasted). It really helps reading this forum and realizing that one is not alone with this suffering :)

You can still visit. We have a pending application at TSC since February. Fiance has visited from Sweden 2x. As long as you have an ESTA you can come. Just be honest when you come thru customs. There is a stickie on the K-1 forum.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I've heard and read different opinions on this. Officially it is allowed. But when my boyfriend asked them yesterday they said they "typically do not advise people to come in when they have a pending file". Plus I had to quit my job here for reasons not connected to the visa process, so by the time I could visit my fiance I will be unemployed and I am scared that they will take this as a reason to think I am trying to overstay. But I will read through the sticky thread again, thanks :-)

Once I start a new job here (I will have to since it will still take ages) I won't get vacation days and then I definitely cannot visit.

K1 timeline:
I-129F sent: 02/06/2015
NOA-1: 02/12/2015
broke up: 07/09/2015 waiting for application to be canceled...

You can still visit. We have a pending application at TSC since February. Fiance has visited from Sweden 2x. As long as you have an ESTA you can come. Just be honest when you come thru customs. There is a stickie on the K-1 forum.

You have to be from a country listed on the Visa Waiver list to get an ESTA it's not for everybody. ESTA is Electronic System for Travel Authorization.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

I've heard and read different opinions on this. Officially it is allowed. But when my boyfriend asked them yesterday they said they "typically do not advise people to come in when they have a pending file". Plus I had to quit my job here for reasons not connected to the visa process, so by the time I could visit my fiance I will be unemployed and I am scared that they will take this as a reason to think I am trying to overstay. But I will read through the sticky thread again, thanks :-)

Once I start a new job here (I will have to since it will still take ages) I won't get vacation days and then I definitely cannot visit.

When he came, he brought proof of employment and residence. He wasn't asked, but better to be prepared. At the border they just want to make sure that you wont stay, that when you say "I am coming as a tourist" that you truly are intending to return. However, I understand the nervousness. I was so nervous until the last minute. Just trying to ease your mind saying statistics are on your side.

You have to be from a country listed on the Visa Waiver list to get an ESTA it's not for everybody. ESTA is Electronic System for Travel Authorization.

I know, but Sarah89 says Germany, which is why I suggested it. I am aware its not for all countries.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Guys please do keep in mind that only K1 visas are back logged but IR1/CR1 is still processing within 5 month range. One is not affecting the other.

And no I don't drive Uber.

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Old thread is now closed to further comment.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.