JulieJulie

CR1 interview TOMORROW but CEAC status still "in transit"

34 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well Apparently I should have been even MORE concerned than I was considering I got there and they DIDN'T HAVE OUR CASE.

Wow - that massively sucks.

I hope the Vice-Consul took the appointment letter,

and hand-wrote a new appointment date on it,

and gave it back to yer foreign spouse.

Seriously !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hi, I am in the same situation. Nice to hear I am not the only one. According to DHL, it was sent 12/3/14 and arrived on 12/9/14. When I called the embassy last week I was told they had not received it. When I called though FYI they had someone who normally is in Paris working there because it was around the holidays. Clearly they are just not working a lot over the holiday season.

Then, randomly, two days ago it changed from "in transit" to "at NVC" which freaked me out. So I called NVC, and by that time it had already magically changed back to "in transit." They said they had no idea why....

So it is VERY good to read this thread, thank you for starting it.

Anna, what type of congressman did you get involved? Unfortunately my fiance doesn't know people at the embassy.....

My fiance is heading to Tunisia from Libya on January 25th and not going back because this is the estimate I gave him, I want him to have his interview the first week of February!

Each state in the USA had two congressmen and or woman which you can look up their contact info via internet search and request them to help and they will request your contact info and send a paper you have to sign for them to get involved. I sugeest everyone to do this and call them and keep them updated. I was lucky to contact a hardworking lady in my congressman's office who always helped push things through. I hope it helps

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Libya
Timeline

UG!!! We live right across the street from the Embassy, it's literally a 15 minute walk for us to get there and we are super frustrated by this situation. How much worse it must be to have to coordinate travel from another country and be turned away.

Wow. I filled out the forms to contact the senators, I do not have time to deal with that B.S. He is leaving Libya in 2 weeks.

Let me know if you figure out any secrets! Pleaaaaase.

Each state in the USA had two congressmen and or woman which you can look up their contact info via internet search and request them to help and they will request your contact info and send a paper you have to sign for them to get involved. I sugeest everyone to do this and call them and keep them updated. I was lucky to contact a hardworking lady in my congressman's office who always helped push things through. I hope it helps

Thank you dear I figured this out for the two NY state senators. Appreciate your help a lot.

19-Sept-14: I-129F Delivered

23-Sept-14: NOA1 (I-797C ~ Texas Lockbox accepted I-129F)

24-Sept-14: NOA1 (E-mail & Text)

Sent to California Service Center

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

14-Nov-14: NOA2 (I-129F Petition Approved ~ E-mail & Text)

1-Dec-14: NVC Received Case

2-Dec-14: NVC Case Number Assigned

9-Dec-14: Embassy Received

3-Feb-15: "Package 3" Received/Turned In

25-Feb-15: "Package 4" - Received Interview Date

19-Mar-15: Interview ~ Approved

27-Mar-15: Visa Issued

Timeline

PS at least your got your package already! We have received Zilch.

That is because the NVC schedules the interviews for the Spouse visas BEFORE the forms even leave the NVC. For the fiance visas the EMBASSY schedules them after they log the packages as received into their system. Once they "find" your case they'll send you your package and should be smooth sailing from there. Who knows, maybe they found your case when they were looking for ours.

Also, I emailed them with the complete DHL information on Friday so that they couldn't keep pointing to the NVC for losing the package. I highlighted for them the part that showed "Received by: CO Stamp" and that it was received in TUNIS, TUNISIA. I also emailed to them the actual DHL tracking number for our package so that they could have no doubt that THEY HAD THE PACKAGE somewhere in their facility.

Timeline

Thank you

I am going to do that! But they don't reply to my emails!

That is because the NVC schedules the interviews for the Spouse visas BEFORE the forms even leave the NVC. For the fiance visas the EMBASSY schedules them after they log the packages as received into their system. Once they "find" your case they'll send you your package and should be smooth sailing from there. Who knows, maybe they found your case when they were looking for ours.

Also, I emailed them with the complete DHL information on Friday so that they couldn't keep pointing to the NVC for losing the package. I highlighted for them the part that showed "Received by: CO Stamp" and that it was received in TUNIS, TUNISIA. I also emailed to them the actual DHL tracking number for our package so that they could have no doubt that THEY HAD THE PACKAGE somewhere in their facility.

3-Nov-14: Requested expedite by mailed letter with UN Human Rights Reports (Humanitarian Situation)

Timeline

My husband had his interview today and was approved! Fortunately they found his case quickly and we didn't have to spend any time and money making travel arrangements back and forth to the embassy since it is just right across the street from our apartment. Could have been a LOT worse than just a week delay and a bit of inconvenience.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations!

This is now a "case progress" thread, so thread is moved from Embassy/Consulate forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

The CEAC website requires a human to input new data, so it does not always show changes as soon as they happen. Give it a few days.

Timeline

The CEAC website requires a human to input new data, so it does not always show changes as soon as they happen. Give it a few days.

I had ALREADY given it two weeks from when DHL said they delivered the package. I was asking the question just three days before the interview and when I got to the interview they didn't have our case and sent us away so I was right to have been concerned. Anyone going to the Tunisian embassy should call and verify that it was received before arranging travel to the embassy this has happened to many people.

Timeline

Likewise, I have already given it 35 days since it was received. There is a problem with this embassy.

My husband had his interview today and was approved! Fortunately they found his case quickly and we didn't have to spend any time and money making travel arrangements back and forth to the embassy since it is just right across the street from our apartment. Could have been a LOT worse than just a week delay and a bit of inconvenience.

Wohoo! Congratulations!!!!

Timeline

:ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting::ranting:

This was me on the phone at 2:00am calling the embassy tonight.

The best part is she thought she was going to get me off the phone with taking my case number and saying she'd contact my fiance if she had our case. Ha ha ha. I said excuse me, I just stayed up until 2am to call, you better at least pretend like you are going to look for it.

She told me the DHL tracking stamp....."CO Stamp" just means it is received by the immigration. Is that ACTUALLY true? I told her I thought that was BS and they needed to find my case and enter it into their system! I told her I knew about other people who had similar problems and she said oh well other people don't always have the best information! And I said oh yes they do mam!

Ok I needed to vent, I am so annoyed.

The best part is she thought she was going to get me off the phone with taking my case number and saying she'd contact my fiance if she had our case. Ha ha ha. I said excuse me, I just stayed up until 2am to call, you better at least pretend like you are going to look for it.

She told me the DHL tracking stamp....."CO Stamp" just means it is received by the immigration. Is that ACTUALLY true? I told her I thought that was BS and they needed to find my case and enter it into their system! I told her I knew about other people who had similar problems and she said oh well other people don't always have the best information! And I said oh yes they do mam!

Timeline

Co stamp means it was received AT THE EMBASSY. That's how they sign for it with the post office.. Tell them you tracked it TO TUNISIA... and TO THEIR FRONT DOOR. Tunisians will tell you anything just to sound like they know what their talking about. You have to be more confident than them. Ask to speak with the consul general.

Timeline

Co stamp means it was received AT THE EMBASSY. That's how they sign for it with the post office.. Tell them you tracked it TO TUNISIA... and TO THEIR FRONT DOOR. Tunisians will tell you anything just to sound like they know what their talking about. You have to be more confident than them. Ask to speak with the consul general.

She straight up told me that "CO" meant it was delivered to customs. She sounded American not Tunisian.

To make matters even better, I just had him pay for the visa today so I could book the interview online on ustraveldocs, and then I get the notice "there are currently no appointments available." Did you schedule yours online?

Timeline

She straight up told me that "CO" meant it was delivered to customs. She sounded American not Tunisian.

To make matters even better, I just had him pay for the visa today so I could book the interview online on ustraveldocs, and then I get the notice "there are currently no appointments available." Did you schedule yours online?

When you track the package it shows clearly that it was already transfered out for delivery. Just hold your ground and tell her that she has been misinformed and that the package clearly tracks with the shipper that it has been DELIVERED to their facility.

As for scheduling the interview, we did the CR1 so the scheduling process is different for us. We pay all of our fees BEFORE the NVC even reviews anything and then the NVC schedules the interview before they even ship the case to the embassy.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.