1,449 posts in this topic

Dodgertown,

I am so sorry you had that experience on your AOS Interview!

I had my interview last week, and I was handed the same sheet. The officer marked "your case is being held for file review, and that I should be receiving a decision within 60 days". She did not make any questions about the abuse. She did ask me my husband's full name, place of birth and date of birth.

Although my interview lasted for less than 15 minutes, she asked me where I was living when I renewed my U.S. Visa. She wanted the exact address. It was surprising for me to see that she had my DS-160 (visa application) printed out and checked the address I gave her, when I answered her question.

I am going to include you in my prayers.

D.

Edited by DL28

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

DL28,

Thanks for kind words. God helped me to go through very difficult times. And I know that today is not a different day, He is still with us, my friend.

People here have said that some immigration officers don't make the same day decisions because the are new = trainees. They need need a supervisor review before they can approve you. Maybe your officer was just a newbie and you will get your decision very soon.

Skazzka,

I had a really long and very complicated immigration case. I've been through immigration court process, seen 2 different immigration judges and 3 different government attorney's. But as you can see I am still alive, even though I feel like I will not survive another immigration battle. Like in the old Chinese saying: Temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.

Good luck to all of you. Stay strong and keep remembering that Jesus is with us.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline

Dodgertown and DL28, I hope you cases will be approved very soon and you will get your green card. God is always with us. We just need to pray and wait...

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Dodger, am sorry to here about the interview but what I can tell is u r a fighter, hang in there. We have had people posting about their immigration experiences, what they have been through worse cases than urs.guess what at the end they got their GC don't loose hope my brother I will pray for u???

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

DL28 am also sorry to here the experience that u also had with the interview. I know for sure u will get ur GC Coz victory is ours. Don't lose hope I will also put u in my prayers. Hang in there my dear u r almost there it might seem long on our human eyes but God is never late. He is always on time.

Filed: Timeline

Dodgetown,l completely understand that feeling bcos it happened to me in may 2014 when l had my interview...l remember that question of all the addresses l,ve lived.l remembered all of them but l did,nt say them in order bcos l was too nervous..l even forgot to mention one address and she gave me that look that said aaand???

She also tried asking me questions about abuse but my lawyer jumped in really fast and told her she could,nt ask that....and she started arguing saying that she has a right to ask anything she wants but lawyer asked to talk to a supervisor and l knew she wasnt going to give me a decision..long story short ,since may 2014 l just got approved two weeks ago...it was along fight..

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Dodgertown I believe you will be fine.But do not expect to have a decision in a few weeks, because your file is huge, and this officer may take a few months to review.Usually, the officers read the cases prior to the interview.

In the AOS interview the officers are looking to see if the person misrepresented facts when applying to obtain the visa or on the arrival; if the person used fake documents etc.

DL28,

Thanks for kind words. God helped me to go through very difficult times. And I know that today is not a different day, He is still with us, my friend.

People here have said that some immigration officers don't make the same day decisions because the are new = trainees. They need need a supervisor review before they can approve you. Maybe your officer was just a newbie and you will get your decision very soon.

Skazzka,

I had a really long and very complicated immigration case. I've been through immigration court process, seen 2 different immigration judges and 3 different government attorney's. But as you can see I am still alive, even though I feel like I will not survive another immigration battle. Like in the old Chinese saying: Temptation to quit will be greatest just before you are about to succeed.

Good luck to all of you. Stay strong and keep remembering that Jesus is with us.

Thank you Dodgertown for your words of encouragement.

Thank you Oti and Skazzka!

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone. After much nailbiting and headache filled days, I finally got some goooood news. My VAWA case was approved :joy:. I know my journey is only partially complete but having crossed this mile post I feel I can finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Couldn't have done it without the expertise of Sandra....she helped me with response to RFE. Thanks much. To my fellow vj members still waiting just keep praying....it'll all work out.

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi Dodgertown,

I'm so sorry to see your interview didn't go well. I know it can't be easy for you going through it but don't loose hope. God's got you covered and He'll see you through. I'm praying for you also.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Korea DPR
Timeline

Hopeful2015,

Congratulations my friend! That is some really good news.

Missymd, 17 months really? Wow, simply wow. You deserve a medal really. I am afraid I am not as strong as you are.

Edited by Dodgertown

Dodgertown and DL28: sending my prayers your way. Dodgertown that was a tough interview! Thank you also for sharing your experiences through this trying journey. God will surely see you through.

Missymd: wow 2011 to 2015 wow...then 17 months after the interview? Your case really proves the faithfulness of God and how much prayer, faith and great patience we all need while going through this journey. I have only been waiting 6 months after submitting my VAWA and only 25days after submitting my RFE and I already feel am going insane. Reading your posts all the way from VAWA part 5 has indeed humbled me and kept me in check...so I will continue to remain positive. God bless you for sharing your time line and experience here.

Hopefull2015: congratulations on your approval!!!! How long was your wait after submitting your RFE?

Coolbeans and Another_anxious_1: any news from your end after your RFE? We were all on the same timeline...praying for you all as well.

Congrats to all new approvals...your success keeps me strong. BIG thanks to Sandra for all your help. God bless you. My wait continues.......

Dodgetown Yes!!! Sometimes you just dont have a choice but to wait and be patient.....for all those 17 months,l called several times,l did service requests,infopasses,congress person but none of that worked...l eventually gave up and convinced myself that atleast l had work permit to work and get a drivers license,the only thing l could,nt do is travel outside..anyway,keep your head up,everything will be fine..

Freeish15 thanks,when l started my journey in 2011 VAWA had been put on hold and congess took a long time to decide wether to renew it or not...most people who filed around that time waited from 15 to 24 months..l started in oct 2011 to july 2013...then filed my AOS in august 2013,interview may 2014,approved oct 2015....it took me 47months for all this..lol!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.