1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Forever*Always congratulations! I got a letter in the mail exactly one week after I got notification in email. I guess it depends on location.

Thank you. It took a week from approval of I360 that my Lawyer got it... They just mailed it to me Tuesday as As I live an hour away. So I hope by end of next week I'll have it in the mail...

*Forever&Always*​​

Filed: Other Timeline

Hello to all. This is my first time posting but i have been following this forum for quite some time. I hav a question that I am searching for the answer to. I have an approved vawa with a pending aos. When my vawa was approved they sent my papers to nvc however I am adjusting in the U.s . My children are in my home country and they are on my approved vawa. Do I file I824 now while my aos is pending or do i have to wait till my aos is approved before i can bring my children here. Also is there a fee waiver for this form. Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Edited by issa95

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

issa95 here is what USCIS states:

"Derivative Consular Processing

"If the principal beneficiary adjusted status in the U.S., a form I-824, Application for Action on an Approved Petition, should be filed with USCIS. Once approved, USCIS will send the approval to NVC and begin consular processing. If instead, the principal beneficiary obtained an immigrant visa abroad and a derivative wishes to later follow-to-join the principal, the process needs to be initiated at the specific consular post abroad".

Issa95 once you become a Resident Permanent file an I-824 petition with Vermont. Vermont will adjudicate the I-824 ,and when they approve the I-824 they will ship to the NVC. It will take at least 7/8 months for you to hear something about the I-824 ok.

Edited by sandranj

I can finally say my journey is over, I now have my Greencard in hand. USCIS have no system. They updated the system saying card being produced on 1st Sept. On the 9th Sept my daughter has her card, no sign of mine. 18th Sept system says card is being produced on 24th I get a text and email saying card was sent on 23rd I call USCIS to get tracking number, they cannot give it to me as case is sensitive.

Today my card arrives with a tracking number. I check the system and once again the card is not showing its been delivered, yet when I check my daughters case online it shows the tracking number and delivery date.

Just letting you guys know that you cannot compare cases. Each case are different and there is no rhythm or reason into how they do things, as proven in my case.

I want to wish you all good luck and just keep the faith and stay strong.

Thanks Sandra and all who have offered support and advice.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

EAD approved! Online status has been saying card produced since the day it's been approved... Hopefully soon they will arrive. Has been a long 135 days I can say that much...

*Forever&Always*​​

Timeline

Folks the meetup will be tomorrow from 1pm to 3 pm,please do not show up there minutes before I leave because I will not stay there after 3pm.There is no subway to Wall Street on weekends.Take the R subway on 14th street(Union Square) and get off at RECTOR STREET , walk 5/8min and you will be there.

Edited by sandranj

You can file for renewal EAD and AP documents 120 days before your current documents will expire.

I believe you need to file directly with VSC again, even for the renewals.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Timeline

The meetup was great,we had there people that didn't file VAWA yet. It was good to see there 7 others visa Journey members that got their GC last year, and 2 of them became U.S. Citizens this year.

I will not set up meetup again until next summer ok.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Gambia
Timeline

Hi VJ members just got an email from my lawyer with an attached prima facie. That is valid til March 2016....! Does any one know how long it takes for the VAWA approval after this. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.