1,449 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Many people didnt file for divorce yet,you have to be careful with that otherwise you might have a huge problem later on. One girl that I helped with her VAWA discovered reading the newspaper that her husband published the summons to annul the marriage (based in fraud) in the newspaper,she didn't have many days left then I contested his petition and I drafted a counterclaim (11 pages) asking the judge to deny his petition,and to grant the divorce based in extreme cruelty or in alternative to grant the divorce based in irreconcilable differences.I drafted everything and she signed.

She attended the pre conference and the trial alone.I drafted two pages with the arguments that she read to the judge in her trial, and yesterday her divorce was granted, not the annulment! .Please make sure this kind of problem does not happen with you. File for divorce as soon as possible,if you can't afford to pay the Court fees you can apply to have the fees waived.

Edited by sandranj

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi, Good Morning All

Well I have great news I just had my interview on Tusday 21st and I was approved. now Im a Permanent Resident of the United States of America. my interview was fast and easy and they told me my Green Card will arrive by mail in about 60 days or before.

Im so so Happy Thank God for this now I can say im over this stressful process

Best of luck to all

Filed: Other Country: Taiwan
Timeline

estrebella , congratulations!

I also had the interview yesterday and it went very well .The officer lady was very nice to me. She gave me the approval within 10 min. Now I am waiting for the Green Card coming to my hands. Thanks God for giving me the lights to my life again.

thanks Ms. Sandra for everything that you did to me. I wish that I have a chance to see you in person.

Edited by moveon

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi, good morning VJ members. I'm new to this forum but I've been reading and following updates on cases relating to mine since November. I must say, you're supportive people who work together In achieving positive outcomes through this painful and stressful journey. My Attorney filed forms I765, I360 and I485 concurrently In November, 2014 and I received my EAD card In January 2015. My I131 was submitted In January as well and I await an overall decision on my case. I am however concerned because on Tuesday my Attorney called me to let me know that we received an RFE (re-submission of Pics) for the Advance Parole, which we are In the process of preparing to submit to them, but no update on my I360 which has been pending for over 5 months which Is over the expected processing time according to USCIS timelines. At this point I'm not sure If I should do an E-request or an Infopass. Sandraj I'm aware of your seniority and I admire your expertise and constructive advice as well as the advice of other members as well. Please, can someone give me an headsup In this situation? The wait Is painful and I'd really love to know why It hasn't been touched since November. Do I have to wait on a decision for my I131 before they resume adjudicating my I360?

Edited by Motherof3

Hi there can someone please clarify. I received my VAWA approval but I assumed that my daughter would be included on the I-797. Is this normal?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, good morning VJ members. I'm new to this forum but I've been reading and following updates on cases relating to mine since November. I must say, you're supportive people who work together In achieving positive outcomes through this painful and stressful journey. My Attorney filed forms I765, I360 and I485 concurrently In November, 2014 and I received my EAD card In January 2015. My I131 was submitted In January as well and I await an overall decision on my case. I am however concerned because on Tuesday my Attorney called me to let me know that we received an RFE (re-submission of Pics) for the Advance Parole, which we are In the process of preparing to submit to them, but no update on my I360 which has been pending for over 5 months which Is over the expected processing time according to USCIS timelines. At this point I'm not sure If I should do an E-request or an Infopass. Sandraj I'm aware of your seniority and I admire your expertise and constructive advice as well as the advice of other members as well. Please, can someone give me an headsup In this situation? The wait Is painful and I'd really love to know why It hasn't been touched since November. Do I have to wait on a decision for my I131 before they resume adjudicating my I360?

1.Call the customer service number ask for a supervisor and try to get info about your case

If you do not get info

2.setup infopass appointment, If the io doesn't give you any info, ask to speak to a supervisor.

If that doesn't work

3.submit e request

Your I-131 will get adjudicated before or after your I-360, the I-131 is based on your I-485, it is independent from I-360 for your case. Of course if your vawa I-360 is denied, your I-485 will also eventually get denied voiding your EAD and AP, and you may be placed in removal proceedings.

Edited by blest.but.strest

Hi there can someone advise I'm applying for my fees to be waived do I sent the fees for the Biometrics along with all the other paperwpork?

Thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

1.Call the customer service number ask for a supervisor and try to get info about your case

If you do not get info

2.setup infopass appointment, If the io doesn't give you any info, ask to speak to a supervisor.

If that doesn't work

3.submit e request

Your I-131 will get adjudicated before or after your I-360, the I-131 is based on your I-485, it is independent from I-360 for your case. Of course if your vawa I-360 is denied, your I-485 will also eventually get denied voiding your EAD and AP, and you may be placed in removal proceedings.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.