12 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Greetings VJ friends, thank you all for useful info shared and the support. I don't know what I would do with out our VJ :)

To give you little background of our case in short . Our K-1 was denied by the US Interest Section in Cuba for no reason was given or appropriate denial or approval answer, It took two months to get the denial answer when I finally got involved my congressman, the answer was given to the congressman not to us and our k-1 case status at the embassy website says ready for interview :) .

Anyhow we got married last summer and applied for CR-1 on November 1st, On Nov 3rd was received by AZ lockbox and transferred to Nebraska SC. Last week I requested an expedite through my congressman and today when I check my case status on USCIS website it says: On December 8, 2014, we APPROVED your Form I-130 :), Immigrant Petition for Relative, We will mail your approval notice. I'm very happy abut that. My question is for you all: Expediting at NVC level will slow my process? My expedite was requested for humanitarian and economical reasons. If I request the expedite at NVC lever again and if they approve the expedite will they be sending our case directly to Embassy? I want the case to be completed from US and interview appointment is made by NVC, because I do not want our case to be buried at the embassy. The embassy never answered my emails and phone calls in the past and it will be difficult to deal with them directly. So what do you advise me? Do you know if I can make expedite at NVC and still the process is done faster at NVC? I have all the documents ready needed at NVC level. Can I start doing the 261 and 260 forms online or do I have to wait till NVC receive my case? Do I have to wait till I get Case Number from NVC to request the expedite? I would really appreciate some advise. Thank you!

Edited by zetete

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Greetings VJ friends, thank you all for useful info shared and the support. I don't know what I would do with out our VJ :)

To give you little background of our case in short . Our K-1 was denied by the US Interest Section in Cuba for no reason was given or appropriate denial or approval answer, It took two months to get the denial answer when I finally got involved my congressman, the answer was given to the congressman not to us and our k-1 case status at the embassy website says ready for interview :) .

Anyhow we got married last summer and applied for CR-1 on November 1st, On Nov 3rd was received by AZ lockbox and transferred to Nebraska SC. Last week I requested an expedite through my congressman and today when I check my case status on USCIS website it says: On December 8, 2014, we APPROVED your Form I-130 :), Immigrant Petition for Relative, We will mail your approval notice. I'm very happy abut that. My question is for you all: Expediting at NVC level will slow my process? My expedite was requested for humanitarian and economical reasons. If I request the expedite at NVC lever again and if they approve the expedite will they be sending our case directly to Embassy? I want the case to be completed from US and interview appointment is made by NVC, because I do not want our case to be buried at the embassy. The embassy never answered my emails and phone calls in the past and it will be difficult to deal with them directly. So what do you advise me? Do you know if I can make expedite at NVC and still the process is done faster at NVC? I have all the documents ready needed at NVC level. Can I start doing the 261 and 260 forms online or do I have to wait till NVC receive my case? Do I have to wait till I get Case Number from NVC to request the expedite? I would really appreciate some advise. Thank you!

You will have to request the expedite through NVC and they will forward you to embassy you still will be doing the DS-260 and DS-261 forms through the online. Documents you will bring to interview. Yes you could slow down your process and you still may go through AP which there is no expedite for that at all so know that.

NVC is not like USCIS and wants and needs through documentation of your reasons for your expedite so call them and they will instruct how to move forward. I know you will ask how long it will take that is up to the embassy if you are approved for an expedite.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Thank you for your respond, I'm hoping there wont be any AP at NVC, We didn't go through AP on my K-1 application and I'm hoping the same for my CR-1. I know, I still have to do 260 and 261, my question was if I can have the case completed at NVC than to be sent directly to the Embassy? I want the interview appointment made by NVC than dealing directly with the embassy since they don't answer calls and emails it will be hard for me to deal with them. When expedite cases sent to the embassy, how could one make appointment for interview? Will the embassy contact the beneficiary?

My advice is to learn the NVC shortcuts and get on with it. They are more behind now than I've seen them be in the 8 years I've been watching.

What are the NVC shortcuts? USCIS approved my expedite request today. I'm confused with different information I read about expediting at NVC level. What are the negative and positive side of expediting at NVC level?

Okay your other post should have been here instead of on that other thread.. I'll see if I can get them matched up...

But if you expedite then the NVC doesn't check any of the paperwork for correctness. If something is wrong, you have to fix it and return it to the embassy and wait for them to get around to it. but if you expedite and it's approved, the case goes directly to the embassy and all contact goes through them.

If you want to do NVC processing then you have to just let the case do it's thing. Your expedite through the USCIS doesn't not continue automatically through the NVC. You have to wait for them to get your case, invoice the fees, and make the different forms available to you. Currently they want only photocopies of the IV package and they want the IV and AOS sent together after both fees are paid. Many members are sending in both packages when the AOS fee is paid because it takes 60 days for the NVC to review the package.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Okay your other post should have been here instead of on that other thread.. I'll see if I can get them matched up...

But if you expedite then the NVC doesn't check any of the paperwork for correctness. If something is wrong, you have to fix it and return it to the embassy and wait for them to get around to it. but if you expedite and it's approved, the case goes directly to the embassy and all contact goes through them.

If you want to do NVC processing then you have to just let the case do it's thing. Your expedite through the USCIS doesn't not continue automatically through the NVC. You have to wait for them to get your case, invoice the fees, and make the different forms available to you. Currently they want only photocopies of the IV package and they want the IV and AOS sent together after both fees are paid. Many members are sending in both packages when the AOS fee is paid because it takes 60 days for the NVC to review the package.

Thank you for your useful information. I have valid reasons to expedite at NVC level again but I'm concerned about dealing with the embassy directly to set appointment so on. I wish to have the process completed at NVC and I wish the NVC process faster considering the expedite. Do you think after I send the IV package and pay all the bills can request the expedite? Thank you again!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

**Post in unrelated thread moved to this thread.**

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Thank you for your useful information. I have valid reasons to expedite at NVC level again but I'm concerned about dealing with the embassy directly to set appointment so on. I wish to have the process completed at NVC and I wish the NVC process faster considering the expedite. Do you think after I send the IV package and pay all the bills can request the expedite? Thank you again!

It's possible but there's not really any point at that point.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Things are moving smoothly so far. When I check my status on USCIS website today it says :). On December 10, 2014 we sent your case to the Department of State for visa processing. I'm going to give them a couple of days and start calling to NVC everyday till I get my case number.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I just finish my process with NVC this past Nov 18th and by what I had seen so far with nvc expedite doesn't really do a lot or save a lot of time because specially with Cuba, they still have to get documents from you aos/iv package needs to be send and fee paid before they do anything.. also with CR1 you won't schedule your own interview NVC will do that for you.... normal time frame for nvc on anything is 60 days and try to avoid a checklist. I got one and that delay me another 60 days with them... My hubby has his interview schedule 1/26

I just finish my process with NVC this past Nov 18th and by what I had seen so far with nvc expedite doesn't really do a lot or save a lot of time because specially with Cuba, they still have to get documents from you aos/iv package needs to be send and fee paid before they do anything.. also with CR1 you won't schedule your own interview NVC will do that for you.... normal time frame for nvc on anything is 60 days and try to avoid a checklist. I got one and that delay me another 60 days with them... My hubby has his interview schedule 1/26

Thank you for that information. I will take your advice, I'm afraid that if the document sent directly Cuba as expediet, it may take time to schedule the interview. I prefer NVC to make the appointment for me. I will make sure I will send everything required so the process finishes in 60 days. Good luck with the interview. Blessings

Things are moving smoothly so far. When I check my status on USCIS website today it says :). On December 10, 2014 we sent your case to the Department of State for visa processing. I'm going to give them a couple of days and start calling to NVC everyday till I get my case number.

I would give them at least 2 weeks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.