441 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Interview experience

Filed 130/485 concurrently: Dec 27 2014

Finger print: January 30 2015

Received RFE for marriage certificate as I submitted photocopy: February 02.

Responded to RFE: Feb 4

Applied for EAD 485: March 5 2015

Received physical EAD card: May 21 2015

Interview: June 3 2015, Newark Office

Document sent with initial application:

Marriage Cert, Insurance policies (medical, dental and auto), 2013 IRS joint Tax transcript, lease, Utilities bills under both names, pictures, our pay stubs.

Additional Documents brought to the interview

All documents already submitted with photocopies, All USCIS forms already submitted, 2014 tax transcript, birthday, anniversary and valentine cards, flight tickets and other miscellaneous documents proving an ongoing relationship.

At the interview, The IO went straight to swear us in, asked to see driver license (we both have same address on the cards). Asked what Visa I came into the US with, what airport I passed through, if I graduated from from college (wanted proof, so I showed him the certificate and he took the photocopy I also brought). Asked my husband where I work, what my parents names were and if he had met them. Also asked me same, I was answering and trying to offer some pictures but he stopped me and said he had enough pictures. Asked me to confirm my husband birth date and where he was born same question for my husband. After that he asked me where and when we met, He was going randomly and was so quick. After 4 minutes he asked me the YES/NO questions and requested lease and insurance cards because he couldn't find them in my file. He took my passport to make copies (I didn't know what he wanted those for I would have offered the copies I had) He said, if you are approved,you should get your card in the mail have good day. He was just professional but doing his job.

On our way home, we got the 'we ordered your new card email'.I was so happy the interview lasted for just 6 minutes. I wish everyone still expecting an interview a quick one just like mine. Just go prepared, don't feel intimidated and pray.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Interview experience

Filed 130/485 concurrently: Dec 27 2014

Finger print: January 30 2015

Received RFE for marriage certificate as I submitted photocopy: February 02.

Responded to RFE: Feb 4

Applied for EAD 485: March 5 2015

Received physical EAD card: May 21 2015

Interview: June 3 2015, Newark Office

Document sent with initial application:

Marriage Cert, Insurance policies (medical, dental and auto), 2013 IRS joint Tax transcript, lease, Utilities bills under both names, pictures, our pay stubs.

Additional Documents brought to the interview

All documents already submitted with photocopies, All USCIS forms already submitted, 2014 tax transcript, birthday, anniversary and valentine cards, flight tickets and other miscellaneous documents proving an ongoing relationship.

At the interview, The IO went straight to swear us in, asked to see driver license (we both have same address on the cards). Asked what Visa I came into the US with, what airport I passed through, if I graduated from from college (wanted proof, so I showed him the certificate and he took the photocopy I also brought). Asked my husband where I work, what my parents names were and if he had met them. Also asked me same, I was answering and trying to offer some pictures but he stopped me and said he had enough pictures. Asked me to confirm my husband birth date and where he was born same question for my husband. After that he asked me where and when we met, He was going randomly and was so quick. After 4 minutes he asked me the YES/NO questions and requested lease and insurance cards because he couldn't find them in my file. He took my passport to make copies (I didn't know what he wanted those for I would have offered the copies I had) He said, if you are approved,you should get your card in the mail have good day. He was just professional but doing his job.

On our way home, we got the 'we ordered your new card email'.I was so happy the interview lasted for just 6 minutes. I wish everyone still expecting an interview a quick one just like mine. Just go prepared, don't feel intimidated and pray.

Congrats!

That's great, congrats Kash!

I hope everyone who filed in December has already had their interviews! The wait is awful, I know! But it will come, sooner or later you'll receive that text message/e-mail!

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!

MrsHopkins I filed 12/29/14. My status changed to Ready to Schedule for Interview in 02/04/15, but unfortunately until now no update. I am thinking if I don't hear from them until August I'm going to get an infopass. Do you think that would help?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Lithuania
Timeline

Congratulations!

MrsHopkins I filed 12/29/14. My status changed to Ready to Schedule for Interview in 02/04/15, but unfortunately until now no update. I am thinking if I don't hear from them until August I'm going to get an infopass. Do you think that would help?

Hi, I am from Maryland and filed in January. I seems like Baltimore office is more busy then other offices lately. I found other forum and have been talking to other Maryland fillers. I think your timline is ok and you should hear from them soon. People who filled in November just got their inteview notices. Chek these timlines: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i130-i485/page/29.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

hi, I have a few questions for those who used their advance of parole to return to the US:

In a month, I will be travelling back to New York from France, with an Advance of Parole.

- Is it necessarily going to be a long wait at the custom in a different line/different room than people who enter with an ESTA, or other visas? Or is it possible that the agent will just look at my papers and let me go through quickly?

- If they take me to a different room and I have to wait for a couple hours before I'm out, what will happen to my luggage that will have spent hours on the carousel and will not have been picked up ? (that's the part I'm actually very worried about, I don't want my stuff to disappear...)

thanks!

Hi, I am from Maryland and filed in January. I seems like Baltimore office is more busy then other offices lately. I found other forum and have been talking to other Maryland fillers. I think your timline is ok and you should hear from them soon. People who filled in November just got their inteview notices. Chek these timlines: http://www.trackitt.com/usa-immigration-trackers/i130-i485/page/29.

That's good, then you should be close! Yeah, some offices are busier than others.

N-400

I-130 for Mom

hi, I have a few questions for those who used their advance of parole to return to the US:

In a month, I will be travelling back to New York from France, with an Advance of Parole.

- Is it necessarily going to be a long wait at the custom in a different line/different room than people who enter with an ESTA, or other visas? Or is it possible that the agent will just look at my papers and let me go through quickly?

- If they take me to a different room and I have to wait for a couple hours before I'm out, what will happen to my luggage that will have spent hours on the carousel and will not have been picked up ? (that's the part I'm actually very worried about, I don't want my stuff to disappear...)

thanks!

When I travelled I already had my GC. But, a friend of mine travelled to her country with the AP. She said that upon returning to the US they brought her to the secondary screening and asked a few more questions. You will most likely

go to SE. They probably just want to check why you have the AP, what is your petition, etc. From what I read and hear, it's usually 15-30 min, but always be ready for more.

If you have a connection flight, I would give it a 2-3 hour window.

I believe they keep your bags near the carousel for a little while, they might pull it out of there and have it at a reception or something.

N-400

I-130 for Mom

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Serbia
Timeline

Does anybody know what priority dates in Seattle offices processing now? I'm December 1st and still didn't get interview notice. I know that another person had an interview on may 11th for October 6th priority date which makes me believe that they are starting to interview November now?

Thanks in advance.

AOS timeline:

12/1/2014 - Priority Date

01/03/2015 - RFE regarding tax returns

01/05/2015 - Biometrics done

03/07/2015 - Responded to RFE

03/18/2015 - Ready to be scheduled for an interview

07/03/2015 - Received the interview notice

08/05/2015 - Interview completed, no decision

08/06/2015 - Approved, welcome notice mailed, card in production

08/18/2015 - Card delivered

ROC timeline:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the info Lovebirds2. I was worried but feel a little better now knowing that I'm not the only one who's been waiting for awhile.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

update!

I got my interview date!

Weird thing though: I haven't received any mail or text yet and my case hasn't been updated online either. But my wife got the official letter in the mail today:

February 4th 2015 : case ready to be scheduled for an interview.

June 16th 2015: letter received (it says notice date June 10th on it)

July 16th 2015: interview at federal plaza (NYC office)

finally :)

Edited by seth936

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

update!

I got my interview date!

Weird thing though: I haven't received any mail or text yet and my case hasn't been updated online either. But my wife got the official letter in the mail today:

February 4th 2015 : case ready to be scheduled for an interview.

June 16th 2015: letter received (it says notice date June 10th on it)

July 16th 2015: interview at federal plaza (NYC office)

finally :)

Good luck to you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.