441 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey Guys,

We had our interview yesterday at the Long Island Office and we were approved on spot... I'm the beneficiary. Our interview was scheduled for 7:15 am we got there on time went through security, registered and waited in the lobby for about 40/45 minutes then the interviewing officer came to the door and called my name....we then went to her office...she had us swear to tell the truth......she started the interview by asking me my address....she went through the yes and no questions....how long we met....asked for our taxes...asked for pictures I gave her the album and she said just give me one picture but not the best one because we won't getting it back....we had our 4 month old with us and she asked for a copy of his birthday certificate....then she said your file looks good and I'm going to approve your green card, you will get it in the mail in 2-3 weeks...After we left we got updates on our phone for Card Production, then later another update saying Case Approved....Guys I know the process is a very long and stressful one but hang in there the day will come...Oh before I forget the interviewing officer was a very nice lady, pretty cool if you ask me....Thanks VJ, thanks everybody!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hey Guys,

We had our interview yesterday at the Long Island Office and we were approved on spot... I'm the beneficiary. Our interview was scheduled for 7:15 am we got there on time went through security, registered and waited in the lobby for about 40/45 minutes then the interviewing officer came to the door and called my name....we then went to her office...she had us swear to tell the truth......she started the interview by asking me my address....she went through the yes and no questions....how long we met....asked for our taxes...asked for pictures I gave her the album and she said just give me one picture but not the best one because we won't getting it back....we had our 4 month old with us and she asked for a copy of his birthday certificate....then she said your file looks good and I'm going to approve your green card, you will get it in the mail in 2-3 weeks...After we left we got updates on our phone for Card Production, then later another update saying Case Approved....Guys I know the process is a very long and stressful one but hang in there the day will come...Oh before I forget the interviewing officer was a very nice lady, pretty cool if you ask me....Thanks VJ, thanks everybody!!!

Congrats!

Hey Lovely Gir,

Congrats! Wow, I can't believe how long it took for you! Everyone on large urban areas like the big apple seems to have taken forever for their interviews.

I would have been ballistic if my interview took almost a year!!! But it's great news, happy for you.

Hopefully everyone who applied in December is all set. good luck, guys!!!

N-400

April 25, 2018 - Interview in Jacksonville, FL

May 24, 2018 - Oath Ceremony

I-130 for Mom

May 24, 2018 - Mailed I-130 for mom via UPS One-Day shipping

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks Kash2011 and Mrs Hopkins

It was definitely a very long process but it's happy days now finally!!! Received my green card...yayyy.

Hi guys!

Also a December filer from New York (Manhattan office)

Me and my husband had an interview beginning of November, everything went well (IO wasn't picky, asked 4 question tops) but all of the sudden, he sees there is a T-file (temporary file in one of the service centers) and he needs to request it :huh::unsure: . He couldnt approve my i-485 because of it... Told us to come back in 30 days if we don't hear anything, we went back after those 30 days and nothing was done. I don't know what to do at this point & we are almost at 1.5 month mark after the interview & 1 year after filing.

Any suggestions? :cry:

AOS i-130, i-485 & i-765 in New York (Queens field office)

12/29/2014 - Priority Date; receipt number starting with MSC

1/2/2015 - Fingerprint fee accepted

1/26/2015 - Case suspended - RFE sent out

2/3/2015 - Fingerprint done at Jamaica Center, Queens

2/11/2015 - RFE received - Case resumed

3/2/2015 - EAD ordered

3/13/2015- EAD card mailed out -- received it 3 days later

7/8/2015 - AOS interview ready to be scheduled for an interview

9/27/2015 - AOS Interview scheduled for Nov 3

11/3/2015 - AOS interview

12/11/2015 - APPROVED!!!

ROC (Vermont Service Center)

10/3/2017 - Sent out ROC package to VSC

10/6/2017 - Date on NOA (Received NOA on 10/16/2017)

11/6/2017 - Biometrics done

8/15/2018 - Extension letter for 18 months received

12/28/2018 - APPROVED! (No RFE, No Interview) 🤸‍♀️ 

1/7/2019 - GC delivered

N-400 (Queens field office)

1/22/2019 - N400 delivered to Dallas, TX.

1/25/2019 - Check cashed

2/12/2019 - Biometrics appt

8/26/2019 - Interview scheduled

10/3/2019 - Interview - APPROVED

10/30/2019 - Oath

• 3 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.