Janelle2002

Satanic Temple Wins Battle To Bring Lucifer Display Inside Florida State Capitol The Huffington Post

55 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The world is getting better regardless of your perception of it. Crime in the first world is declining. Other economies are beginning to emerge from the third world. Humans are living longer than ever. The post world war 2 era is a golden age, for science and innovation.

Forget satanism. Let's get back to spaghetti monsterism. If you want truly delicious pasta, make your own. It is truly worth the effort. Buy a pasta machine and do it at home. A little prep work is all it takes and the noodles cook in 2-3 minutes.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

The world is getting better regardless of your perception of it. Crime in the first world is declining. Other economies are beginning to emerge from the third world. Humans are living longer than ever. The post world war 2 era is a golden age, for science and innovation.

Tell that to the folks burning down their own neighborhoods. According to them, life sucks and it isn't their fault.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Did i actually give my perception? I asked a question. If you want to answer, answer off of your own opinion, not based off of what i "think" because you dont know what i "think."

Also, how long did people live in the older days? We don't live half ways as long as they used to. And with each generation we have flare ups of diseases that would like to wipe out the human population. Is the earth bad or the people inhabiting it?

Tell that to the folks burning down their own neighborhoods. According to them, life sucks and it isn't their fault.

We can tell you have nothing important to say.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Your personal opinion. Was the knowledge we gained worth it? If you look at the world now?

As someone married to a scientist who is literally alive because of science, yes, I think that the knowledge we've gained is great. I love science. Science is why we can cure leprosy, why the way my teeth were growing due to a genetic flaw didn't kill me. Science is how come children don't often go deaf from ear infections anymore. Science saves people. Does it also kill? Absolutely. But the primary cause of people being killed via technology and scientific advances is not knowledge itself, but humans refusing to stick to something as basic as 'Undue suffering is bad and that which reduces undue suffering is good.' It's about people not being able to sit and talk to each other and find common ground.

The issue isn't knowledge. It's exactly what we see on VJ--people refusing to step outside of their comfort zones to consider another perspective and find common ground and compromise.

Forget satanism. Let's get back to spaghetti monsterism. If you want truly delicious pasta, make your own. It is truly worth the effort. Buy a pasta machine and do it at home. A little prep work is all it takes and the noodles cook in 2-3 minutes.

You have an excellent point. My respect for the pirates who follow the Spaghetti Monster is endlessly great. I love them very much.

Did i actually give my perception? I asked a question. If you want to answer, answer off of your own opinion, not based off of what i "think" because you dont know what i "think."

Also, how long did people live in the older days? We don't live half ways as long as they used to. And with each generation we have flare ups of diseases that would like to wipe out the human population. Is the earth bad or the people inhabiting it?

Um, people used to live no more than 40 or 50 years. I'm not sure what you mean by we don't live nearly as long? And disease has nothing to do with people being good or bad or the earth being good or bad. It has everything to do with organisms changing over time for their own survival and some of those organisms being deadly to other organisms. Getting rid of knowledge doesn't make diseases go away. It just means that we don't recover from them. It means more children die and more adults die younger.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

As someone married to a scientist who is literally alive because of science, yes, I think that the knowledge we've gained is great. I love science. Science is why we can cure leprosy, why the way my teeth were growing due to a genetic flaw didn't kill me. Science is how come children don't often go deaf from ear infections anymore. Science saves people. Does it also kill? Absolutely. But the primary cause of people being killed via technology and scientific advances is not knowledge itself, but humans refusing to stick to something as basic as 'Undue suffering is bad and that which reduces undue suffering is good.' It's about people not being able to sit and talk to each other and find common ground.

The issue isn't knowledge. It's exactly what we see on VJ--people refusing to step outside of their comfort zones to consider another perspective and find common ground and compromise.

You have an excellent point. My respect for the pirates who follow the Spaghetti Monster is endlessly great. I love them very much.

Um, people used to live no more than 40 or 50 years. I'm not sure what you mean by we don't live nearly as long? And disease has nothing to do with people being good or bad or the earth being good or bad. It has everything to do with organisms changing over time for their own survival and some of those organisms being deadly to other organisms. Getting rid of knowledge doesn't make diseases go away. It just means that we don't recover from them. It means more children die and more adults die younger.

Per the bible people lived a lot longer than 40 or 50 years.

Really, I would like to go back to living naked and care free.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Per the bible people lived a lot longer than 40 or 50 years.

Really, I would like to go back to living naked and care free.

Is there any evidence whatsoever to back up the bible's claim? Because there's plenty, going back literally tens of thousands of years saying that no, people didn't actually live that long. I'd love to see a single piece of evidence that backed up the bible's claim. Anything. Anything at all. Because I've literally seen fossils of people who died in their thirties of things like cancer that are at least 10 000 years old and I seem to recall the bible putting the earth at well under 7000 years.

As a Canadian, the idea of living naked and care free mostly sounds like 'dying of hypothermia' so you'll have to excuse me if I'm not enthused by the idea.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.