Janelle2002

Satanic Temple Wins Battle To Bring Lucifer Display Inside Florida State Capitol The Huffington Post

55 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It's the god that just keeps giving and giving. It also gives me heartburn :ranting:

you obviously avoid the garlic gods....

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

But is it worth the pain? Yes it is!!

Darn tootin'!!

you obviously avoid the garlic gods....

I think it's the tomatoes. No biggie, just pop a Zantac 150 (Walmart brand of course) and I'm off to the races.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You can say that again! I'm going to worship this spagethi monster until my insides burn baby burn!!

You ever throw any franks red hot sauce in with the sauce? Mmmmmm

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Why is bashing Christianity considered to be such a fun spectator sport these days? Even a peep about a muslim earns what?

Well, I have to say, if there were a giant religious display for Mohammed in a state-run location (such as: a courthouse, a capitol building...) in the US, a country that ostensibly has a separation between church and state, I'm pretty sure us Satanists would be also protesting that. And if you show me such a thing in the US, I will gladly bring it to the attention of the Satanic Temple. I'm sure they'd be very very interested.

This particular Satanist movement is trying to achieve a point about the separation of Church and State and on the usage of religious exemptions to thumb one's nose at the spirit of the law. Other campaigns of the Satanic Temple have included asking to hand out colouring books to children that educated about Satanism in schools where Christian conversion materials were being distributed. Why is Christianity being 'targeted?' Because it's the religion that keeps wandering its way into governmental decision making in a country whose constitution prohibits the adoption of a state religion.

There are certainly worse places than Florida. Texas comes to mind.

Oh god I know. Especially in the summer. It's looking like I won't get down there until May and I was hoping to be there in February or March so I could try to acclimatize before the heat hit--I was there in late June/Early July and I thought I was going to DIE. It is a hellish place.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Other Timeline

Well, I have to say, if there were a giant religious display for Mohammed in a state-run location (such as: a courthouse, a capitol building...) in the US, a country that ostensibly has a separation between church and state, I'm pretty sure us Satanists would be also protesting that. And if you show me such a thing in the US, I will gladly bring it to the attention of the Satanic Temple. I'm sure they'd be very very interested.

Satan protesting? The last time he bitched to the big guy, he got his turdASS whooped real bad. Choosing satan as a leader is like picking a snakeTURD out of the toilet bowl and telling everyone it's your god. Dude, if you're cool with that, so am I.

Edited by ExExpat

Filed: Timeline

Oh god I know. Especially in the summer. It's looking like I won't get down there until May and I was hoping to be there in February or March so I could try to acclimatize before the heat hit--I was there in late June/Early July and I thought I was going to DIE. It is a hellish place.

Yep. Texas in the summer is no fun. Parts of it are also no fun in the winter. And in-between, you've got those Texas sized storms - not much fun either. So it essentially sucks year-round.

Around here, you've got about the three months of summer than may take a little getting used to but it's not so bad that one can't breathe. Right now, we're in the best part of the year - the span from October through May / early June where it is just terrific in Florida.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Yep. Texas in the summer is no fun. Parts of it are also no fun in the winter. And in-between, you've got those Texas sized storms - not much fun either. So it essentially sucks year-round.

Around here, you've got about the three months of summer than may take a little getting used to but it's not so bad that one can't breathe. Right now, we're in the best part of the year - the span from October through May / early June where it is just terrific in Florida.

The weather is irrelevant when you have to deal with millions of trailer park exiles from up north, which is a large percentage of the people living on that sand bar.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.