Torete

Six teens arrested in beating death of California homeless man. Humans are hopeless?

25 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Black is Black.

Obviously my view will be different depending on wether the perpetrarors are gang bangers or victims of affluenza.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Hanging? Nope, not me.

Matthew 5:38. You have heard that it was said, "Eye for eye, and tooth for tooth".

I'd be down with that punishment.

If you're going to quote Jesus, why not finish the quote? It says just the opposite when quoted in it's entirety.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you're going to quote Jesus, why not finish the quote? It says just the opposite when quoted in it's entirety.

Ok, here ya go:

"You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him...You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy." But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

(Matthew 5:38-39, 43-44)

Jesus reinforced what was already said in the Old Testament. "You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD."

(Leviticus 19:18)

I said, "I'd be down for that punishment." ...and I would be. Yes, he said it but I pointed out that it would be difficult for me not to wish an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth..

So while it says the obvious as you pointed out, ("It says just the opposite when quoted in it's entirety.") that doesn't mean that I'D BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME. That's why I'm a sinner. That was my point. I'd be down with a good old-fashioned hanging. After all, it's MY opinion.

Hope that helps you.

Edited by Torete

Timeline

I am more of an Old Testament sort of guy.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Black is Black.

Obviously my view will be different depending on wether the perpetrarors are gang bangers or victims of affluenza.

Yeah, I know...I was just yanking your chain. I know you can not take it personally...just stirring the pot for kicks.

I am more of an Old Testament sort of guy.

I swing both ways...Old and New Testaments.

Timeline

We did not create an Empire swinging both ways.

Ok, here ya go:

"You have heard that it was said, "An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth." But I say to you, do not resist an evil person; but whoever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him...You have heard that it was said, "You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy." But I say to you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you."

(Matthew 5:38-39, 43-44)

Jesus reinforced what was already said in the Old Testament. "You shall not take vengeance, nor bear any grudge against the sons of your people, but you shall love your neighbor as yourself; I am the LORD."

(Leviticus 19:18)

I said, "I'd be down for that punishment." ...and I would be. Yes, he said it but I pointed out that it would be difficult for me not to wish an eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth..

So while it says the obvious as you pointed out, ("It says just the opposite when quoted in it's entirety.") that doesn't mean that I'D BE ABLE TO DO THE SAME. That's why I'm a sinner. That was my point. I'd be down with a good old-fashioned hanging. After all, it's MY opinion.

Hope that helps you.

It's ok. I forgive you.

R.I.P Spooky 2004-2015