fatsoforgotso

RFE due to medical/vaccination records

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Hi again everyone,

Today I received a notice that I apparently didn’t submit one of the required forms:

“A completed and signed I-693 was not submitted; or all pages from I-693 are not present or of the same revision date"

All my medical forms were in my K1 package and I submitted my complete vaccination record from Knightsbridge with my AOS package. I didn’t think I had to get it signed off by a civil surgeon in the US, or have another medical. Is this going to require another full medical for upwards of $200?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Yes, sorry.

You need to send form I-693 to uscis signed by a U.S. assigned surgeon.

You can go to the interview with it or send it to the RFE address

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

Timeline

Because I have anxiety/OCD and am on medication I had to get a letter from my GP when I had my medical in London. If I have to do the whole medical again is a US civil surgeon going to accept a letter from a UK doctor?

Done with K1, AOS and ROC

Timeline

As far as I know, yes. However, after arriving in the US I got a flu jab since the season was starting. Because this was post-arrival it isn’t on my DS-3025 (I just sent a copy of the receipt to show where I had it done).

Was this the mistake I made? That because it’s not on the DS-3025 it’s now considered ‘incomplete’?

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

Is your medical older than a year???

In case you would need to call a surgeon this link may be helpful :

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/231026-civil-surgeons-who-dont-rip-you-off/

y59om4.png

---------------------------------- Pre I-130 ----------------------------------------

Feb- 25- 2009 - Met in Barcelona Spain thanks to a friend in common ???

11 visits in the next 5 years........ ????????????

Apr - 23 - 2014 - My last entry in the US to visit ✈️

Jul - 18 - 2014 - finally proposes and ask me to stay forever!!!! ❤️??

Jul- 20 - 2014 - I don't get in the flight back to Spain ( that means my ESTA will expire the next day )

Jul - 22 - 2014 - wedding ❤️??

---------------------------I-130, I-485, EAD, AP ----------------------------------

Sep- 12- 2014 - AOS sent to Chicago ?? ( delivered sept 15 )

Sep - 18 - 2014 - AOS texts/ emails received with case number ??

Sep- 19 - 2014 - checks cashed ?

Sep - 21 - 2014- hard copies of NOA received in the mail!!! ??

Sep - 26 - 2014- biometrics letter received!! Appointment for Oct 7

Sep - 30 - 2014 - succesful early walk in biometrics ??

Nov - 22 - 2014 - EAD/AP approved ?? ( 71 days )

Nov - 24 - 2014 - card in production

Dec - 1 - 2014 - card mailed ??

Dec - 3 - 2014 - Combo card received ??

Dec - 15 - 2014 - email received with interview date for Jan 15 2015! ??

Jan - 15 - 2015 - Approved!! ???? Here is our interview experience --> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/531853-aos-interview-from-esta-approved/

Jan - 24 - 2015 - Green card received

As far as I know, yes. However, after arriving in the US I got a flu jab since the season was starting. Because this was post-arrival it isnt on my DS-3025 (I just sent a copy of the receipt to show where I had it done).

Was this the mistake I made? That because its not on the DS-3025 its now considered incomplete?

The flu jab was not necessary if you were signed off on all shots in July. They go by the date of the exam. Doesn't matter if flu season comes around if you were fully signed off when it was not flu season. Perhaps sending a receipt prompted the person reviewing your file to automatically reject it because a receipt for a shot doesn't meet the requirements. So they look at the receipts and say, "Nope, this is wrong because this shot was not signed off,"

Also you are vague if you were complete on shots or not. Yes or no makes a difference. "I think so" doesn't help give you a good answer.

You don't have a timeline so it becomes difficult to answer you. WHEN did you send AOS? Did you get NOA1?

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

Sorry, I know I should fill in my timeline. The AOS package was sent in October and the NOA1 arrived at the beginning of November.

My vaccination sheet says I’ve had everything except chicken pox, which I had when I was a kid (that’s marked on the form). It’s ticked as ‘incomplete’ but also says that I’m eligible for a blanket waiver due to that one not being medically necessary.

Sorry, I know I should fill in my timeline. The AOS package was sent in October and the NOA1 arrived at the beginning of November.

My vaccination sheet says Ive had everything except chicken pox, which I had when I was a kid (thats marked on the form). Its ticked as incomplete but also says that Im eligible for a blanket waiver due to that one not being medically necessary.

Answer four questions--

1. So your sheet says "VH" by varicella?

2. Your Tdap, or Td, or DTP lines have a shot date since July 2005? What date?

3. You have dates for two MMR shots? What date(s)?

4. The influenza line is ticked in the last column "Not flu season"?

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

1. Yup

2. Tdap date is 06/23/2014 - there’s a note that says ‘every 10 years’ and the box ‘insufficient time interval’ is ticked

3. MMR is 06/23/2014 and 07/24/2014 (apparently I’d never had it as a kid)

4. Yes it is.

1. Yup

2. Tdap date is 06/23/2014 - theres a note that says every 10 years and the box insufficient time interval is ticked

3. MMR is 06/23/2014 and 07/24/2014 (apparently Id never had it as a kid)

4. Yes it is.

Okay so for sure completed sufficiently for AOS. I can tell you what I would do, but you can certainly choose a different route.

Photocopy the RFE so you have a record because I believe they still request you mail the RFE paper back with the response.

Prepare a letter as your response to the address where the RFE says to submit it.

-------

Your address

Your town, zip

The date

USCIS

RFE response address

And town, zip

RE: Request for evidence from Fatso Forgetso, A#??????????

Dear USCIS:

I believe the request for a form I-693 to be in error for the following reasons:

1. Am adjusting status from a K1 visa and thus do not need to complete a new medical exam (Form I-693) because I had a medical exam by a panel physician on July ?, 2014 and filed my adjustment application on October ?, 2014. That submission was within one year of the medical exam. [Form I-693 instructions Section III, 2, C, 1]

2. I have met all the vaccination requirements and the proof is a properly completed Form DS-3025 filled out and signed on July ?, 2014 by the panel physician in London, United Kingdom. [Form I-693 instructions Section III, 2, C, 2]

I am including a photocopy of the vaccination record. The original DS-3025 record, as well as my visa medical exam results were turned over by me at my entry on the K1 visa and should be found in my file. Please advise if you have not found my medical records.

Sincerely,

(Signature)

Fatso Forgetso

Enclosure: Form DS-3025

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

Thanks Nich Nick. The letter itself isn’t actually an RFE (sorry, I should have made that clear earlier), just a notice that I will be receiving one prior to my interview/getting the green card.

Wait until I get the official RFE, see what it says, then respond?

Then use it if you get an RFE. Or be prepared to discuss at your interview the exact reasons why you aren't bringing a completed I-693 to your interview. Print the I -693 instructions and highlight those referenced topics to show him. Take it with you. Be knowledgeable about the rules so you can argue the point with logic.

If the interviewer doesn't agree, then go deal with the civil surgeon at that time.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.