mirrortraveler

Very bewildering email from consulate - what does this mean???

11 posts in this topic

Dear all,

After submitting my Packet 3 last week, I got the strangest email from the Frankfurt consulate and I don't understand any of it.

I sent the documents there via mail. I had already paid for everything and now I receive the message:

"Dear Ms. B (my last name),

Please submit a new appointment request since the first request did go through correctly.

Sincerely,

Immigrant Visa Unit..."

So this is a legitimate email. But why did they say "did go through correctly". Did they mean "did not go through correctly"?

And what do they mean by "submit a new request"? Do I have to re-submit the Packet 3?! But why would they send me an email about that if they hadn't received it.

Isn't the rule that they give me an appointment once they receive my papers and not that I submit a request for an appointment?

Am I completely getting this wrong?

Seriously, any and all answers to this would be highly appreciated.

Thank you, guys!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mauritius
Timeline

Be careful here....even though it looks really legitimate....it may or may not be.

Have you already submitted an appointment request? if you have not, then the only way this email makes sense is if either:

• it is a scam, and there is a link in the email that will send you to set up your appointment, and enter your credit card/banking information....or better yet, a bunch of personal identity-theft-ready information.
  • it is legitimate, and the embassy had some sort of computer crash or other data problem and they don't know who all had an appointment and who did not.

Either way, I'd verify this independently of anything in the email, and wouldn't click on anything in any email ever.

Hope this means they're ready to interview you tho :-)

Lol, I hope it means they're ready to interview me. Now, they really could have been less awkward about it, right? ;)

The email is legit. There are no links other than ones that lead directly back to the consulate site and that's only to overviews of the K-1 process. Stuff I've already read hundreds of times. I called the consulate - only some guy who barely spoke English telling me that I needed to send an email if I have questions. Why they even have a phone service I will never know. What exactly are these people getting paid for?

Anyways, called CGI Stanley but they couldn't help me either. So I sent an email to the Consulate peppered with tons of questions in the hopes that I'll get some of them answered. But I do have the order right...right? It's first approval of Packet 3 documents, THEN scheduling an appointment via CGI Stanley. Not the other way around?

If you have the option of calling local embassy, the best bet would be to talk to them and get clarity.

You don't want to either miss critical info from embassy or get duped by scammers.

I did call the embassy. They told me not to call with questions but to send them in an email instead. So I did that. I was just wondering if anyone on here had any input.

Lol, just got an email back from them. Surprise: It actually WAS their way of telling me that my papers are all okay and that I can schedule an interview, now. Seriously. *shakes head* Silly, silly consulate...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved form K1 Process to Europe/Eurasia Regional Forum~

~At this stage of the process instructions/requirements are often consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Well, it looks like you got it all resolved now :D

But yeah, I was going to give you my input, namely: you can totally forget about their phone service and are better off e-mailing them. I had emailed them a week ago and, mind you, I read mine 100 times to make sure there were no spelling errors :whistle: , but their e-mail response contained some :lol:

Not to mention the quality of the consulate employees' English. The guy answering the phones there to tell people that they can't answer any questions over the phone...oh well, it's probably not his favorite job, either.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.