avpin

USCIS Response for i-130 update enquiry!

8 posts in this topic

I will brief my case

We have applied for i-130 in Jan 2014 under f2a category as my wife was LPR at that time

PD - Feb 3 2014

Wife became citizen and sent evidence to upgrade the petition to USCIS

Initially they changed my status to this

"On October 30, 2014, we received your correspondence for your I130, IMMIGRANT PETITION FOR RELATIVE, FIANCE(E), OR ORPHAN . You will receive a notice in the mail when further action is taken on this case. Please check our website at www.uscis.gov for further updates on your case. If you move, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address."

And after some days the status changed to

"On October, 2014, we received your correspondence for Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number "*******************". We are reviewing your correspondence, and will mail you a notice if we need something from you. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address."

Then yesterday we have contacted USCIS by email and they replied with below message (in RED)

Dear **********:

On 11/24/2014 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I130

Filing date:
-- 01/15/2014

Receipt #:

Referral ID:
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- Information not available

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On November 19, 2014, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, to notify us that you have naturalized and are requesting an upgrade in the status of your petition. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

We have updated your relative petition to reflect that you are now a U.S. citizen. As a result, your petition has moved to a new visa category. However, immigrant visas in the new visa category are not immediately available from the U.S. Department of State (DOS).

You can obtain more information about immigrant visa processing at the DOS Web site at
www.travel.state.gov. You can also ask to have the Visa Bulletin sent to you monthly via email. Complete instructions on how to subscribe can be found at the bottom of the Visa Bulletin, which you can also view on the DOS Web site.

We hope this information is helpful to you.

So worried now.. can somebody please tell me the meaning of this?? this is going to delay more?

Umm, there is NO numerical limit on visas for immediate relative category. Why doesn't your wife as a new USC contact her congressman/senator and get them to follow up with USCIS and rectify this?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

I have the same issue

My priority date is january 21 2014 n my case is in nvc it was approved on February 27 2014

I was LPR THAT time n i became citizens on November 5 and request them to upgrade my petition n i send copy of naturalization and approval letter but i havent heard anything from them yet im gonna call them tomorrow

Hi Milimelo Thank you very much for the reply,

we don't have any idea about this. How to contact the congressman and how to make them follow up and all. Could you please advise us to go through this.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Milimelo Thank you very much for the reply,

we don't have any idea about this. How to contact the congressman and how to make them follow up and all. Could you please advise us to go through this.

you can google your congressman or senator for the town you live in. Contact them by phone, Tell them you want someone to make an inquiry on your case. They will ask you to fill out a release. They can email it to you, you sign it and scan it back in an email and they will take it from there. Email all the docs you sent with your change of your visa category . Some Congressmen are fast , some are slow... I hope you get a good one

Edited by LoveMyTico

Married March 9, 2013
NOA1 I-130 April 12, 2013

Transferred to TSC Nov 27, 2013
APPROVED March 18, 2014 FINALLY ! ! ! !! 11 MONTHS & 6 LONG DAYS FOR MY NOA2
Case shipped from TSC to NVC March 21, 2014
Rec'd NOA2 hard copy March 22, 2014
Case rec'd & Case Number assigned April 1, 2014
AMAZING !!!
PAID IV and AOS fees online April 5, 2014
Fees show paid/DS 260 avail. /DS260 submitted/AOS&IV pkg sent April 9, 2014
FEDEX delivered @ NVC April 11, 2014
Revised AOS pkg delivered April 15, 2014
AOS & IV rec'd& scanned in @ NVC April 15, 2014
Revised AOS scanned April 18, 2014
AOS checklist for income and IV pkg April 30, 2014 (checklist expected due to Lawyers mistakes)
DS260 accepted April 30, 2014
Checklist for Birth cert/police cert May 1, 2014
AOS accepted May 5, 2014

Birth cert scanned MAY 8, 2014

CASE COMPLETE JUNE 4, 2014 CC letter received via email June 11, 2014

INTERVIEW JULY 15, 2014

Waiver finally FedEx'd to Phoenix Lockbox August 21, 2014

WAIVER APPROVED December 17, 2014

Received Instruction Letter via email December 23, 2014

Final Embassy Appointment January 5, 2015 YAY !

Visa ISSUED January 12, 2015

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.