albertalex

Help, got appt. No instructions

11 posts in this topic

Hello, my fiance has an interview in about two weeks and has received no instructions. All i know our case number came out on the list.

Im flying tomorrow. Ive Been contacting the consulate and the post office. Big mess contacting the consulate un DR ever since they change everything.. My fiance is going over there tomorrow to see if they print them for him. Medical needs to be this week.. Any inputs? Anybody with same problem? Thank u

Try asking in the regional forum, you may get better/more informative responses there. Good luck!

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

I don't know if this will help and how updated it is but I hope it helps:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Dominican%20Republic&cty=Santo%20Domingo

Also, excellent advice by Pheebs1201.

Good luck!

Spoiler

My AOS journey

Date Filed : 2014-11-26

NOA Date : 2014-12-06

RFE: 2014-12-26 (Translation of my international BC)

Bio. Appt. : 2014-12-31

RFE response received by USCIS: 2015-01-06

EAD/AP approved: 2015-02-18

NPIW letter: 2015-03-17

Service request: 2015-09-17

Response to service request: None

Service request 2: 2015-10-23

Service request 2 response: 2015-11-03 - USCIS anticipates a delay

EAD/AP renewal forms sent: 2015-11-04

Letter to Congressman sent: 2015-11-06

EAD/AP renewal electronic NOA1: 2015-11-10 (saying USCIS received and accepted my applications on 2015-11-06)

Email from Congressman's office - reviewing my case, will contact me with info: 2015-11-13

Received No Biometrics Required letter: 2015-11-20

Received letter of continuance asking for another translation of my BC (long story): 2015-11-20 (online status never changed)

Responded to letter of continuance: 2015-11-30

USCIS/DHS in Sacramento received my response (delivery confirmation): 2015-12.01

Received interview letter from Chatsworth office, CA: 2016-01-30

Received response from my congressman: 2016-02.02

AOS interview: 2016-02-10 Result:: RFE for medical

Medical done: 02/20/2016 - 03/03/2016

Medical Received By USCIS (UPS delivery confirmation): 2016-03-08

AOS approval date/Resident since: 2016-03-12

Card received: 2016-03-18

AOS took 15 months, 2 weeks and one day.

ROC:

Petition sent: 2018 - 02 - 22

Petition received by USCIS Laguna Niguel: 2018 - 02 - 23

Try asking in the regional forum, you may get better/more informative responses there. Good luck!

This will be the most help to you. There you can find out the process for your specific location and probably find a list of approved doctors for the medical to book an appointment. Then you'll need to fill out the readiness form. Your regional forum will also help you get in contact with your specific embassy to get instructions on what to do to prep for the interview as well as figure out how to change the date if need be. Good luck!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Peru
Timeline

When it was getting close to the interview, and my fiancé had not yet received his packet, he just kept calling them and emailing them. Finally they sent the packet in the mail. Call and email and keep trying until someone answers!!! Hope everything works out for you guys.

Visa Timeline

Filed on I130 12/19/2021

R’cd NOA 1- 12/19/2021, Assigned - Nebraska Service Center

Instructions for K-1/K-2 Visa Applicants Rev.Oct2014

In the interest of preparing for your interview with a consular officer, for a K-1, K-2 visa, please read the following instructions carefully.

FIRST: Fill out the DS-160 (Online Nonimmigrant Visa Application), electronically, please, answer all questions. If your children are applying for a visa with you, each one must completely fill out the Form DS-160, on line. You must present the print out of the confirmation page, which contains a series of bar codes, and present this confirmation sheet the day of the interview. You also need to complete the Form DS-156K, attached.

SECOND: Obtain the documents on this list that are applicable in your case, but DO NOT send them to this office. Take them to the Consular Section on the day of your visa interview:

• PASSPORT: The passport must be valid for travel to the United States and must have at least six (6) months of validity left from the date the visa is issued.
  • NATIONAL ID CARD: All applicants age 16 or over MUST present a national ID card (cédula de identidad personal) on the day of the visa appointment.
  • PHOTOGRAPHS: Two (2) recent COLOR photographs (taken no more than six months ago) for each applicant, with a white or off-white background, unretouched, with no border, and showing the applicant’s ears. The measurements must be 2” x 2”. The person must be looking directly at the camera (cannot be looking to the side, up or down), and the face must cover 50% of the surface area of the photograph.
  • BIRTH CERTIFICATE: An original birth certificate (legalized by the Junta Central Electoral and in the in extensa format) for each applicant. A birth certificate must be presented for each child under age 21, even if that person is not applying for a visa with you at this time. The date/place of birth and the names of the parents must be shown on the birth certificate.
  • MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE: If you are or were married, you must present a copy (legalized by the Junta Central Electoral and in the in extensa format) of your marriage certificate. You must also present proof of the termination of any previous marriage, such as a death certificate, divorce decree (legalized and in thein extensa format) or evidence of annulment. The same requirements apply to the petitioner.
  • DIVORCE CERTIFICATE: If you are or were married, you must present a copy (legalized by the Junta Central Electoral and in the in extensa format) of your divorce certificate.
  • EVIDENCE OF RELATIONSHIP: You must present evidence that you have a legitimate relationship with the person who has petitioned for you, such as letters, photographs, telephone bills and/or any other evidence that demonstrates your relationship. We strongly recommend that your fiancé(e) accompany you to the interview.
  • EVIDENCE OF ECONOMIC SOLVENCY: You must present a Form I-134 (Affidavit of Support) from the petitioner.
  • JUDICIAL AND PRISON RECORDS: Persons who have been arrested for any reason in any country (including the United States) or who have any judicial/prison record must present copies of ALL documents related to the case, even if there was an amnesty or other act of clemency or even if the person was found innocent or the charges were dropped.
  • MILITARY RECORD: You must obtain your record of military service, if applicable and obtainable.
  • POLICE CERTIFICATE: Police certificates are required from every applicant age 18 or over for each country of the applicant's nationality or current residence where the applicant has resided for at least six months since attaining the age of 18. Police certificates are also required from all other countries (except the United States) where the applicant has resided for at least one year. Please seehttp://travel.state.gov/visa/reciprocity/index.htm if you have questions about the procedures for obtaining a police certificate.
  • MEDICAL EXAMINATION: You must select a panel physician approved by the U.S. Embassy for a medical examination as soon as you receive your appointment letter. We encourage you to do your medical exam, as soon as possible, in order to have the results ready the date of your appointment; this will avoid delays in the process of your visa. Please check our website for information regarding the medical examination process and the vaccines:http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/iv-medical-exam.html

All applicants, regardless of age, must have a medical examination performed.

• The new Embassy is located in the sector of Arroyo Hondo, north of the Botanical Gardens between Av. República de Colombia and Carretera La Isabela. The address of the new Embassy is Av. República de Colombia #57, Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. The Consular Section entrance is on República de Colombia Avenue.

TRANSLATIONS: All documents that are neither in English nor Spanish must be translated into English by a competent translator.

COURIER SERVICE: The officer will instruct you to pay $11.00 dollars (or the equivalent in Dominican pesos), for delivering the visa package, documents, etc. This will be one fee only for these services. Starting November, 2014, a new courier service process will be implemented. Therefore, we encourage to all the visa applicants to check our webpage to get update information in the immigrant visa process.

PAYMENT: The date of your interview you will need to pay, for each visa applicant, the fee of US$265.00 (or the equivalent in Dominican pesos) at the Cashier in the Consular Section, American Embassy.

IMPORTANT NOTE #1: The consular officer cannot decide whether or not to issue you a visa until you formally apply and are interviewed. Therefore, we strongly recommend that you NOT make non-refundable flight arrangements or other travel plans until and unless you actually receive your visa.

IMPORTANT NOTE #2: Because of lack of space, only applicants and the petitioner will be allowed access to the Consular Section compound. However, children under age 18 may be accompanied by one of their parents or a guardian.

QUESTIONS? If you have any questions, please contact our Visa Information Center. Persons in the Dominican Republic must purchase a personal identification number (PIN) at any Banco Popular branch (either the equivalent of US$5.25 in Dominican pesos for five minutes of access, or the equivalent of US$16.00 in Dominican pesos for 15 minutes). The PIN will become active 24 hours after you purchase it. Then call 1-809-200-3232. Persons in the United States must call 1-877-804-5402, and the call will be charged to their credit card. The Center is staffed with operators Monday through Friday (including most American and Dominican holidays) from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time.

IMPORTANT NOTICE:

Starting on November 12, there will be a new service to provide information; you may call the following numbers for free with any questions 829-956-5144 (Dominican Republic) or 703-988-3410 (U.S.). For more information, please visit: www.ustraveldocs.com.

You may also visit our website at: http://santodomingo.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html.

Also read the NOA2 Wiki Page for Dom Rep. members

http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/Dominican_Republic:_After_Receiving_the_NOA2

K1 Visa Process -> 12/09-06/10 Married -> 09/10/10 AOS Process -> 09/10-12/10 Removal of Conditions-> 09/12-07/13

U.S. Naturalization -> 7/8/20

***What To Do After NOA2 (The Dominican Way) Wiki Page:

https://www.visajourney.com/wiki/dominican_republic_after_receiving_the_noa2/***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Country-specific thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Caribbean regional subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Ive Been e mailing and calling like crazy. No luck. The new service made it worse. I sent my fiancé to the consulate. Maybe they can print if for him.. Thank you all. So stressing.. Hope this is over soon and God help us to spend Christmas with my family here in US as planned.... Blessins

Ive Been e mailing and calling like crazy. No luck. The new service made it worse. I sent my fiancé to the consulate. Maybe they can print if for him.. Thank you all. So stressing.. Hope this is over soon and God help us to spend Christmas with my family here in US as planned.... Blessins

Wow that is really cutting it close. Good call to send your fiance to the Embassy, if you cant get a response by phone or email, than going there personally is what I would most definitely suggest. Scan and email him the NOA2 and a snap shot of the scheduled appointment page that has your date and time. By the way, try calling the old numbers.... I read that this was still operable and someone was able to get information. Good Luck to you, be aggressive and don't give up until you get that packet 4.

TIME LINE

5/21/14 - MAILED I-129F PETITION (L)

5/22/14 - USCIS RCVD PETITION :)

5/27/14 - NOA1 :)

8/11/14 - TRANSFERRED TO CSC?? :unsure:

9/16/14 - NOA2 EMAIL!!! :dancing:

9/22/14 - NOA2 HARD COPY!! :)

10/6/14 - NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION, CASE NUMBER PROVIDED.

10/8/14 - CEAC STATUS "READY"

10/9/14 - PACKAGE LEFT NVC TO DR CONSULATE! :dancing:

10/14/14 - CONSULATE RECEIVED :yes:

10/16/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

10/20/14 - GOT MY INTERVIEW FOR 12/15/14, CALLED CONSULATE IN DR :goofy:

10/21/14 - INTERVIEW DATE POSTED ON THE IV CURRENT APPOINTMENT LIST

10/24/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

11/03/14 - PACKET 4 RCVD

12/15/14 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!! :D

12/18/14 - CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING..........

12/19/14 - CEAC STATUS - ISSUED!

12/24/14 - VISA PICKED UP AT DOMEX

12/25/14 - ENTERED US /FORT LAUDERDALE POE

01/07/15 - SS RECVD

03/01/15 - MARRIED

04/09/15 - AOS PACKAGE SUBMITTED VIA FEDEX

04/14/15 - NOA RCVD

05/07/15 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

06/23/15 - EAD APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.