TBoneTX

New Islamabad AP-Tracker, Part III (merged thread)

2,896 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cousin_marriage_law_in_the_United_States_by_state

America has freedom like no other. And yes, it is up to people if they want to marry their blood first cousins, that is their progative. I am not judging. (I do personally feel bad for any abnormalties the children may have as a result of this union.) And because of this, there are only a handfull amount of states that allow first cousin marriages by blood.

Here you can marry whomever you wish, except animals, immediate family (incest),,,,and apparently "aliens" because the Embassy's will try their darn-dest to hold it up in AP. This should be illegal. But LOVE is LOVE and we all should be free to marry whomever we wish... First blood Cousins is a debateable thing...which i don't wish to debate. I'm just sharing the facts.

Though I have many significant words to share about medical aspects of " first cousin " marriage issues and science, ( I m a medical doctor/ surgeon) and tons of the literature is also available in pros and cons about the topic but indeed here it is not needed.

What I meant when touching the issue was just for immigration purpose and not more than that. This is my humble wish to let all who r going through the long waiting immigration journey know,that immigration laws have no discrimination against the first cousin marriage . In these days even same sex marriages r also accepted for the Immigration purposes in USA. This is the beauty of freedom of the Great Amarica !!! ..lLastly thank you for understanding.

Timeline

Are you sure about that? Because I think some states still require a blood test when you are applying for marriage license and most will at least ask are you related. They do not like first cousins getting married. It's very much against the social norm. But they will not say anything to people who are first cousins and got married in another country.

We r not talking about social "norms". We talking about the Laws. When they ask "r u related." It usually means that marring a mother,daughter, son sisiter or father is not allowed. Immigration laws accept first cousin marriage!!! Yes for sure.

Are you sure about that? Because I think some states still require a blood test when you are applying for marriage license and most will at least ask are you related. They do not like first cousins getting married. It's very much against the social norm. But they will not say anything to people who are first cousins and got married in another country.

We r not talking about social "norms". We talking about the Laws. When they ask "r u related." It usually means that marring a mother,daughter, son sisiter or father is not allowed. Immigration laws accept first cousin marriage!!! Yes for sure.

Timeline

Actually in many states it is absolutely illegal to marry first cousins. If you are applying for a k-1 and marrying your cousin here in the US you need to make sure it is legal to do so in the state you will marry.

Here is a link to the states where it is illegal http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/state-laws-regarding-marriages-between-first-cousi.aspx

For k-1 visa ,marring in SOME states in USA it can be difficult / or impossible to get a marriage lisence thought immigration laws have no problem to accept a marriage lisence issued by another state of USA, also if u want to marry a first cousin in USA and your state of residence does not allow it . U can visit ur nearby state where it is allowed to marry ur first cousin.You can happily do so and immigration authorities will accept it !!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

May Be this links can help about marriage with cousin in Usa:

http://www.ncsl.org/research/human-services/state-laws-regarding-marriages-between-first-cousi.aspx

Edited by BraveAmnay
event.png

mohammed-iii-sultan-of-morocco-and-georg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I believe I mentioned that you can be married first and come here and that is acceptable. I never said that immigration does not recognize first cousin marriages. I was saying that there is no religious exemption. You can't go to state that does not allow first cousin marriages and try to get married there because you're a muslim. It doesn't work like that. And I only mentioned social norms because a couple living in the United States should be aware of this. Just because it is legal doesn't mean that people here will understand it. It's probably something that should be kept private.

Timeline

Same thing happened with my husband, he submitted the documents yesterday morning, so at night time he emailed them to let them know and today they replied...

Dear Sir/Madam,

Our record indicates that we have not yet received your documents. If you have recently submitted documents, please check back with our office after 4 weeks. If you submitted documents over 4 weeks ago, please provide us with evidence of submission such as a couriers air way bill number or tracking number and we will have our record reviewed.

Hi there any update on ur docs? I'm still waiting on it!!

Timeline

Hi there any update on ur docs? I'm still waiting on it!!

Nothing! I'm still waiting too :( no updates on the ceac website either.... This is so frustrating!

Interview- November 7,2014

Results- Administrative Processing

Updates-

November 10,2014

December 15,2014

February 18,2015

February 19,2015

February 20,2015

March 7,2015 (Saturday)

March 25,2015 (Email)

March 27,2015 (Email)

April 9,2015 (Email)

April 16,2015

April 30,2015

May 4,2015

May 22,2015 (Email)

May 28,2015 (Email)

June 3,2015 (Email)

June 24,2015

June 25,2015

June 26,2015

September 29,2015

October 1,2015

October 2,2015

October 16,2015 Status shows ISSUED! ALHAMDULILLAH!

Visa in hand October 19,2015

event.png

Timeline

Nothing! I'm still waiting too :( no updates on the ceac website either.... This is so frustrating!

No update on ceac website too and nvc says that they only have that email in the system saying wait four weeks!! very frustrated..

Edited by ISLcr1

Timeline

No update on ceach and nvc says that they only have that email in the system saying wait four weeks!!

I don't even feel like calling nvc, they will probably tell me the same thing they told you, since we got the same email about the 4 weeks, they are working so slow!

Updates-

November 10,2014

December 15,2014

February 18,2015

February 19,2015

February 20,2015

March 7,2015 (Saturday)

March 25,2015 (Email)

March 27,2015 (Email)

April 9,2015 (Email)

April 16,2015

April 30,2015

May 4,2015

May 22,2015 (Email)

May 28,2015 (Email)

June 3,2015 (Email)

June 24,2015

June 25,2015

June 26,2015

September 29,2015

October 1,2015

October 2,2015

event.png

Timeline

I don't even feel like calling nvc, they will probably tell me the same thing they told you, since we got the same email about the 4 weeks, they are working so slow!

Yea I think wait on it few more days just hoping that they should update soon!! IA

Timeline

Yea I think wait on it few more days just hoping that they should update soon!! IA

I hope so too! IA ....I'll call maybe later this week or the beginning of next week for sure...let's see what happens....

Updates-

November 10,2014

December 15,2014

February 18,2015

February 19,2015

February 20,2015

March 7,2015 (Saturday)

March 25,2015 (Email)

March 27,2015 (Email)

April 9,2015 (Email)

April 16,2015

April 30,2015

May 4,2015

May 22,2015 (Email)

May 28,2015 (Email)

June 3,2015 (Email)

June 24,2015

June 25,2015

June 26,2015

September 29,2015

October 1,2015

October 2,2015

event.png

Timeline

I hope so too! IA ....I'll call maybe later this week or the beginning of next week for sure...let's see what happens....

Yea that's right to do!!

Yea that's right to do!!

Timeline

Hello,

I have been a quiet reader for a long time but finally decided to share my long journey

I'm a U.S. citizen and applied for my fiancé in 2011

My fiancé interviewed July 24 2012. He was informed by the interviewer that he will get his visa in 90 days.

We are now at 33 months.

It's been a month and they requested new medical, then new affidavit, then my tax return and now finally got a call yesterday to come in for oath and fingerprints on the 15th. We are super excited. This might be the end.

Anyone has an experience with oath and fingerprints? What does it consist of? Is this really the end? I will be going with him.

My husband was in AP for 20 months when he was called for a new medical, passport photos,etc. He went in for his appt and had his oath and fingerprints. One week later he had his visa. Sounds like your journey is coming to an end.

Timeline

I have stopped calling NVC since a month, for any updates, they are so rudee!!!! Like their doing us a favor by answering our questions.

There's this one lady that answers in the morning, she sounds like a damn robot, i hate when she answers.

plz God get us all out of this hell, i seriously am on the verge of a nervous breakdown

event.png

Ek shaam ati hai teri yaad le kar, Ek sham jati hai teri yaad le kar, Muje us sham ka intezar hai jo aye tumain apne sath le kar...

Interview: September 5, 2014 Second Interview:

July 1, 2015

Result: Administrative Processing Result: Still administrative processing

July 9, 2015 (senator reply)

mailed documents to embassy september 8 2014 August 4, 2015 (senator reply)

August 13, 2015

August 19 2015

updates: mailed documents to embassy September 1, 2015

September 4, 2015

12 september 2014 September 8 2015 (expiring soon)

16 september 2014 september 9 2015

26 november 2014 september 10 2015 (changed back to AP) received email for medical/ds260 submission

8 december2014 september 12, 2015

6 february 2015 september 17 2015 (email from embassy)

9 february 2015 Submitted medical/ds260 september 18 2015

10 february 2015 september 23, 2015

11 february 2015 september 30 2015 (documents received)

13 february 2015 October 1, 2015

25 february 2015 (senator email) October 6 2015 (call from embassy for fingerprints)

9 march 2015 (senator email) October 7 2015

16 march 2015 october 13 2015

17 march 2015 (call from embassy to submit additional evidence) October 14 2015 ISSUED :dancing:

26 march 2015 (reply to email ) Visa in Hand: October 17 2015

6 april 2015 (documents acknowledged)

9 april 2015

21 may 2015

16 june 2015

17 june 2015

18 june 2015

20 june 2015

24 june 2015

26 june 2015 (call from embassy, second interview call)

1 july 2015

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.