Husband Wife

Islamabad, Pakistan - IR1/CR1 Interview Thread November 2014

355 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

thanks. i have seen all those, but my question is do everyone have to get all of these vaccinations? whoever already had their medical, can they tell me wat they had and if they did bring any proof from be4 of vaccinations they have?

Yeah u show these records on ur medical then dr guide u

Timeline

Congratulations too all Allhumdulliah I just saw n/a on my aos which is a case complete I tried to call nvc yesterday and this morning lines are so busy I have too leave for work can anyone tell me when I will receive the packet 4 and interview date thanks alot

Timeline

Congrats

In 3/4 days you will get an email...thats your p4. Call nvc to know your date

(F)USCIS

Citizenship

01 January 2018: Online application

02 January 2018: NOA

06 January 2018: Biometric Notice

22 January 2018: Biometric appointment

Timeline

Congratulations too all Allhumdulliah I just saw n/a on my aos which is a case complete I tried to call nvc yesterday and this morning lines are so busy I have too leave for work can anyone tell me when I will receive the packet 4 and interview date thanks alot

I am expecting you would receive your interview date next week through an email if islamabad embassy still has spots available for month of February. Congrats on case complete.

IR1/CR1 Timeline:

01/24/2014: Married

02/11/2014: I130 Sent

02/19/2014: I130 NOA1

06/25/2014: I130 Approved (NOA2)

07/07/2014: NVC Received

07/16/2014: Case # and IIN Assigned

08/04/2014: Received DS 261 and AOS Invoice Email

08/04/2014: Submitted DS 261

08/06/2014: Paid AOS Fee

08/07/2014: AOS Package Sent

08/11/2014: AOS Package Scanned

08/30/2014: Received IV Bill

08/30/2014: Paid IV Bill

09/03/2014: IV Package Sent

09/03/2014: Submitted Ds-260

09/05/2014: IV Package Scanned

10/14/2014: Case Complete

12/01/2014: Medical (Completed)

12/16/2014: Interview Scheduled for 7:00 AM (APPROVED) :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

12/17/2014: Visa "ISSUED" :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

01/24/2015: POE - JFK, NY

ROC Timeline:

11/11/2016: I-751 sent to VSC

11/14/2016: I-751 package received at VSC

11/16/2016: Check cashed

11/18/2016: NOA1 Received

12/14/2016: Biometrics Appointment

10/17/17: Approval letter received in mail

Timeline

Sohailkhan and husband wife

Thanks for responding I will try again today after work since they put you on hold for at least an hour each Time I called☺

Timeline

I was finally was able to talk to nvc agent she told me as of yesterday case is complete she said you will receive email soon so I asked her how long does it take to get the interview date will it be month from now or more she siad she doesn't know the ISL embassy will decide

Timeline

So Fellows lets start

i am from Karachi and my interview was on 30th December 2014. As it was a regular working day so i have to go by air to resume my current job in a day.

I'll recommend the Airblue among others local air lines. Never ever try PIA for such as important situation, i am a witness of a PIA flight which was delayed to next day.

For those who do not have relatives in ISB, when you reach the Islamabad airport you can go to Abpara Market where many hotels are available depends on your budget this location is near to Diplomatic Avenue. ( US embassy). Fare of taxi from ISB airport to Abpara market is 500 ~600.

Minimum hotel rent available is 2500 ~ 3000 / night.

Well on the day of interview i reached to diplomatic avenue at 5:30 am. There was a line of almost 20 people that time i also start waiting for opening the gate.

At 6:00 am watchman open the gate and they checked CNIC (Original).

Once i get inside i was moving towards shuttle service counter but at entrance the duty office asked me to leave my documents bag as it was not allowed. i asked him there is only documents but he insist that it is not allowed please submit it on that counter. i asked him how can i manage my documents he said they will provide the shopping bag. So i went to that counter and submit the bag and arrange my files in a shopping bag :( it was terrible to manage them in a shopping bag so NEVER CARRY A BAG, even mine was a document carrier but in form of bag. i lost my que position at that time which was achieved at 5:30 am.

After it i went to shuttle counter bought a ticket ( 500 RS) and get the first shuttle to US embassy. Reached Embassy about 7:15. Now security guards made two lines one for immigration visa applications and other for non immigration visa applicant. At that time you need to show your passport and visa letter to them.

Now i entered in the embassy and a young fellow guide me towards immigration ticket counter, get my ticket number and went to security check. Submitted my pen drive as no electronic items are allowed in embassy, i did not carry my mobile phone as well.

after clearing form security check i came into a waiting area where a guard was guiding every one. after waiting of almost 45 minutes i went towards bio metrics room, where a young pakistani guy took my finger prints and handed over two papers to me and then i go to an other waiting area.

Note: During bio metric i have seen many peoples have wrong size / direction of pictures. Please do read the photo instruction provided on embassy website.

In other room i wait about 5 minutes and my ticket numbers is called i go to the counter a Pakistani guy asked about my passport and and medical which i give to him than we had a conversation as below.

Pakistani Guy: Do you know Mr. XXXX

Pakistani Guy :Why i am asking about him ?

PG: yes and he filled a wrong form as well for joint sponsor, do your wife and his brother lives in a same house?

PG: write a form number on a post it and give it to me that it should be filled as your wife and his brother is living in a same house,

PG: Smiled and said sir you are not the only victam of such cases.

PG: the counsuler office will let you know during interview and he asked about the language of interview

at that point i felt its over, because i did a very perfect paper work through out the process not a single mistake, and that time i was imagining a very long time in AP due to this mistake.

Any way i wait for my interview call but at that time now i was not so much interested in interview due to that form error because i realize today the visa status will not be decided. As my ticket was announced i go to that window for interview and the following conversation was

CO: Good Morning

CO: How are you ?

CO : she gave me a card to read loudly and i did, after that she asked me that so you are an engineer

Co: Do you have masters degree

CO: your marriage was on

CO: Does your wife visited you after marriage

CO : Oh really is she in this building

CO: When she comes to Pakistan ?

CO : how did your marriage fixed, arrange or love

CO: how did you meet ?

CO: so would you like to do work in the same company in US ?

CO: She gave me my original documents and said , Congratulations you visa has been approved, you will get your passport in two weeks by american express. You have to pay 165$ fee before going to usa.

Me: i thanked her and wish her happy new year in advance and she smiled and wished me good luck.

She did not asked about a single document or picture, interview last for hardly 5 to 6 mins.

I Go outside the embassy, try to remember did she said i am approved ? or any thing else :) then her next line pop up in my mind you will get your passport within 2 weeks. I thanked to ALLAH PAK, as ALLAH is the only power to turn anything right.

I wish good luck to all the people who is preparing for their interview. The only tip is do pray before going to interview. Be confident you have done nothing wrong. If you think you can understand the american accent only in this condition chose English. Your answers should be very specific to question.

by the way i have visa in hand Allhumdulillah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

So Fellows lets start

i am from Karachi and my interview was on 30th December 2014. As it was a regular working day so i have to go by air to resume my current job in a day.

I'll recommend the Airblue among others local air lines. Never ever try PIA for such as important situation, i am a witness of a PIA flight which was delayed to next day.

For those who do not have relatives in ISB, when you reach the Islamabad airport you can go to Abpara Market where many hotels are available depends on your budget this location is near to Diplomatic Avenue. ( US embassy). Fare of taxi from ISB airport to Abpara market is 500 ~600.

Minimum hotel rent available is 2500 ~ 3000 / night.

Well on the day of interview i reached to diplomatic avenue at 5:30 am. There was a line of almost 20 people that time i also start waiting for opening the gate.

At 6:00 am watchman open the gate and they checked CNIC (Original).

Once i get inside i was moving towards shuttle service counter but at entrance the duty office asked me to leave my documents bag as it was not allowed. i asked him there is only documents but he insist that it is not allowed please submit it on that counter. i asked him how can i manage my documents he said they will provide the shopping bag. So i went to that counter and submit the bag and arrange my files in a shopping bag :( it was terrible to manage them in a shopping bag so NEVER CARRY A BAG, even mine was a document carrier but in form of bag. i lost my que position at that time which was achieved at 5:30 am.

After it i went to shuttle counter bought a ticket ( 500 RS) and get the first shuttle to US embassy. Reached Embassy about 7:15. Now security guards made two lines one for immigration visa applications and other for non immigration visa applicant. At that time you need to show your passport and visa letter to them.

Now i entered in the embassy and a young fellow guide me towards immigration ticket counter, get my ticket number and went to security check. Submitted my pen drive as no electronic items are allowed in embassy, i did not carry my mobile phone as well.

after clearing form security check i came into a waiting area where a guard was guiding every one. after waiting of almost 45 minutes i went towards bio metrics room, where a young pakistani guy took my finger prints and handed over two papers to me and then i go to an other waiting area.

Note: During bio metric i have seen many peoples have wrong size / direction of pictures. Please do read the photo instruction provided on embassy website.

In other room i wait about 5 minutes and my ticket numbers is called i go to the counter a Pakistani guy asked about my passport and and medical which i give to him than we had a conversation as below.

Pakistani Guy: Do you know Mr. XXXX

Pakistani Guy :Why i am asking about him ?

PG: yes and he filled a wrong form as well for joint sponsor, do your wife and his brother lives in a same house?

PG: write a form number on a post it and give it to me that it should be filled as your wife and his brother is living in a same house,

PG: Smiled and said sir you are not the only victam of such cases.

PG: the counsuler office will let you know during interview and he asked about the language of interview

at that point i felt its over, because i did a very perfect paper work through out the process not a single mistake, and that time i was imagining a very long time in AP due to this mistake.

Any way i wait for my interview call but at that time now i was not so much interested in interview due to that form error because i realize today the visa status will not be decided. As my ticket was announced i go to that window for interview and the following conversation was

CO: Good Morning

CO: How are you ?

CO : she gave me a card to read loudly and i did, after that she asked me that so you are an engineer

Co: Do you have masters degree

CO: your marriage was on

CO: Does your wife visited you after marriage

CO : Oh really is she in this building

CO: When she comes to Pakistan ?

CO : how did your marriage fixed, arrange or love

CO: how did you meet ?

CO: so would you like to do work in the same company in US ?

CO: She gave me my original documents and said , Congratulations you visa has been approved, you will get your passport in two weeks by american express. You have to pay 165$ fee before going to usa.

Me: i thanked her and wish her happy new year in advance and she smiled and wished me good luck.

She did not asked about a single document or picture, interview last for hardly 5 to 6 mins.

I Go outside the embassy, try to remember did she said i am approved ? or any thing else :) then her next line pop up in my mind you will get your passport within 2 weeks. I thanked to ALLAH PAK, as ALLAH is the only power to turn anything right.

I wish good luck to all the people who is preparing for their interview. The only tip is do pray before going to interview. Be confident you have done nothing wrong. If you think you can understand the american accent only in this condition chose English. Your answers should be very specific to question.

by the way i have visa in hand Allhumdulillah.

CONGRATS!

Does anyone know if the status changes (at least the dates) online once the embassy has received packet 3.5? My fiancee used TCS when I told her to use DHL. I have never used TCS so i dont have much trust in them. The embassy wont reply to my emails and i just wanna know if my packet is lost or not...

Any advice?

Timeline

Hi everyone. ...... as of January 5th my hubby case is complete at the NVC I just received the case complete e-mail from NVC but no interview yet can anyone please tell me how long its going to take to find out the interview date? Thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Question, during interview has anyone paid any fees besides the Visa Shuttle Bus going to Embassy and Back?

My wife is going with either mom or dad; will they have to wait for her at Shuttle Station or there's a place at the embassy?

Plus, when you guys went how many other people were there a rough estimate of heads?

Edited by AdnanS

..:::: My Visa Journey Timeline ::::..

• 10/20/2013 [Married]
  • 12/11/2013 [I-130 Mailed Phoeniz, AZ Lockbox]
  • 12/12/2013 [Priority Date]
  • 12/17/2013 [Received & Money Order Cashed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 1]

• 01/09/2014 [NOA1 (I-797C) Hardcopy Recieved]
  • 05/29/2014 [Alien Registration Number Changed | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 2]
  • 06/10/2014 [I-130 Approved | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 3]
  • 06/16/2014 [Shipped to NVC for processing | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 4]
  • 06/30/2014 [Received at NVC] [Last Update 5]
  • 07/24/2014 [Case, IIN and BIN Numbers received] [Last Update 6]
  • 07/31/2014 [Received AOS Bill & DS-261 | e-Mail | Text] [Last Update 7]
  • 08/02/2014 [Paid AOS Bill] [Last Update 8]
  • 08/04/2014 [Package AOS Sent] [Last Update 9]
  • 09/11/2014 [Received IV Bill] [Last Update 10]
  • 09/12/2014 [Paid IV Bill] [Last Update 11]
  • 09/15/2014 [IV Package Sent] [Last Update 12]
  • 09/18/2014 [DS-260 Completed] [Last Update 13]
  • 10/03/2014 [AOS Check-list Sent] [Last Update 14]
  • 12/03/2014 [Case Complete | e-Mail] [Last Update 15]
  • 12/23/2014 [Medical Exam] [Last Update 16]

• 01/28/2015 [interview] [Last Update 17]

Timeline

Hi everyone. ...... as of January 5th my hubby case is complete at the NVC I just received the case complete e-mail from NVC but no interview yet can anyone please tell me how long its going to take to find out the interview date? Thanks in advance

first congrats on case complete . I got mine in a week and then one month and 10 days for an interview ..

Timeline

Question, during interview has anyone paid any fees besides the Visa Shuttle Bus going to Embassy and Back?

My wife is going with either mom or dad; will they have to wait for her at Shuttle Station or there's a place at the embassy?

Plus, when you guys went how many other people were there a rough estimate of heads?

if you already paid your visa processing fee at NVC so the only shuttle ticket will be require in embassy i.e 500 PKR.

if you read my post, i clearly mention every thing in it. i reached embassy at 5:30 and there is almost 20 people already there.

There is a proper waiting area for shuttle service.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.