Husband Wife

Islamabad, Pakistan - IR1/CR1 Interview Thread November 2014

355 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Are the interview questions different based on the visa type? Also, we dont call each other much but we skype alll the time. Would skype logs be okay as one of the proof?

it is better for u to over prepared urself rather then less prepared . skype log whats app mesgs viber , Photos every thing which showed ur releationship real . Good for u

Are the interview questions different based on the visa type? Also, we dont call each other much but we skype alll the time. Would skype logs be okay as one of the proof?

it is better for u to over prepared urself rather then less prepared . skype log whats app mesgs viber , Photos every thing which showed ur releationship real . Good for u

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I have a question. Wat us the website where you have to pay after you get visa in hand before traveling to america? And also can my husband travel the next day after getting visa in hand?

Timeline

I have a question. Wat us the website where you have to pay after you get visa in hand before traveling to america? And also can my husband travel the next day after getting visa in hand?

Here is the website for green card production fee:

http://www.uscis.gov/uscis-elis

Your husband can definitely travel the next day after getting visa in hand.

Just make sure your husband pay the green card fee before leaving Pakistan so this way there are no delays in his green card.

Good luck!

IR1/CR1 Timeline:

01/24/2014: Married

02/11/2014: I130 Sent

02/19/2014: I130 NOA1

06/25/2014: I130 Approved (NOA2)

07/07/2014: NVC Received

07/16/2014: Case # and IIN Assigned

08/04/2014: Received DS 261 and AOS Invoice Email

08/04/2014: Submitted DS 261

08/06/2014: Paid AOS Fee

08/07/2014: AOS Package Sent

08/11/2014: AOS Package Scanned

08/30/2014: Received IV Bill

08/30/2014: Paid IV Bill

09/03/2014: IV Package Sent

09/03/2014: Submitted Ds-260

09/05/2014: IV Package Scanned

10/14/2014: Case Complete

12/01/2014: Medical (Completed)

12/16/2014: Interview Scheduled for 7:00 AM (APPROVED) :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

12/17/2014: Visa "ISSUED" :dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

01/24/2015: POE - JFK, NY

ROC Timeline:

11/11/2016: I-751 sent to VSC

11/14/2016: I-751 package received at VSC

11/16/2016: Check cashed

11/18/2016: NOA1 Received

12/14/2016: Biometrics Appointment

10/17/17: Approval letter received in mail

Timeline

Thank you so much. But can I being the petitioner pay from America as he does not have credit card there in pakistan?

Here is the website for green card production fee:

http://www.uscis.gov/uscis-elis

Your husband can definitely travel the next day after getting visa in hand.

Just make sure your husband pay the green card fee before leaving Pakistan so this way there are no delays in his green card.

Good luck!

Timeline

At the interview they say u will get passpord in 2 to 3 weeks. But I'm seeing here people get visa in hand in 3 days too. That's possible right? Bcz my husband already booked his ticket. .didn't pay yet but booked it so just wondering :)

Timeline

I have seen people reporting here getting there passports in just couple of days if they pick in isb.. and i've heard it takes about a week if picked in khi..

re: your fee question: i've seen experienced ppl giving advice to pay online with a US credit card before flying.. i think it be better if you paid online rather than your husband, may be someone who has gone thru can chime in to clarify..

Good luck with the interview.. let us know how it goes.

Timeline

I have seen people reporting here getting there passports in just couple of days if they pick in isb.. and i've heard it takes about a week if picked in khi..

re: your fee question: i've seen experienced ppl giving advice to pay online with a US credit card before flying.. i think it be better if you paid online rather than your husband, may be someone who has gone thru can chime in to clarify..

Good luck with the interview.. let us know how it goes.

thank you so much :) my husband interview is tom. i will IA post it after he is done! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Finally visa in hand!!!! Time to fly to Pakistan for 2 weeks.

Edit: They asked her basic K1 visa questions... What I do for a living? where i live in the states? and few questions about my divorce. They also asked to look at skype logs and photos. I had her take everything (like others said, its better to over prerp than under prep). She said the embassy staff was really nice...

After the interview they congratulated her told her she should have her passport back in 2 weeks. About 6 days later they called her and told her to pick it up.

Edited by fishallday

Timeline

My husband had interview on 19th and on 20th status changed to issued. Thank god. They didn't ask him anything except my place of birth and show few pics and since that day I delivered a baby so they said wow go to america and enjoy. N they gave him back all documents n said ur approved

Timeline

Finally visa in hand!!!! Time to fly to Pakistan for 2 weeks.

Edit: They asked her basic K1 visa questions... What I do for a living? where i live in the states? and few questions about my divorce. They also asked to look at skype logs and photos. I had her take everything (like others said, its better to over prerp than under prep). She said the embassy staff was really nice...

After the interview they congratulated her told her she should have her passport back in 2 weeks. About 6 days later they called her and told her to pick it up.

My husband had interview on 19th and on 20th status changed to issued. Thank god. They didn't ask him anything except my place of birth and show few pics and since that day I delivered a baby so they said wow go to america and enjoy. N they gave him back all documents n said ur approved

congrats to both of You masha Allah really good news . Thax to Billions of times to almighty Allah

Timeline

Congrats nayab my husband interview was today but he didn't go because of his medical his medical was done on 5th of February and Dr said the result won't be back until six weeks so we are just waiting for the results and embassy will call him then we are thinking around mid March inshallah

It's been very long journey for us please keep us in your prayers everyone

Timeline

No he picked up from peshawar. He got a call after 4 days to pick it up after interview. And goodluck everyone. IA it will be over soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.