The Nature Boy

All 50 U.S. states feeling freezing temperatures

48 posts in this topic

It'll be shorts and t-shirts. Mid 70's. No worries. Best time of the year, really.

I hate you.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It's too warm here and not enough snow. It was 30 degrees at 10:30 pm here last night if I read the thermometer right. Unbelievable.

We need another foot of snow at least in order to access millions of acres out there calling us. It's maddening. #######. I am not going to ride four-wheelers in late November. It's just wrong. There's enough snow so your four-wheelers don't have any grip going up steep grades, but there isn't really enough snow for snow machines. It's WAY tougher. Hard on the machines, and hard on us.

It should be cold enough so the snow doesn't melt on your clothes. -10F to 10F is supreme. Warmer than that and you get wet. It's actually less comfortable than colder but dry.

Give us winter back.

Edited by rlogan

I hate you.

78F here yesterday -- rolled the windows down on my way to court and blasted some tunes. Sat outside and had a couple of beers last night with friends, but I had to wear a cardigan. :(

COME AT ME BRO

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

78F here yesterday -- rolled the windows down on my way to court and blasted some tunes. Sat outside and had a couple of beers last night with friends, but I had to wear a cardigan. :(

COME AT ME BRO

Don't hate the playa!

I hate the game! :ranting:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

It is currently 17 here. With the windchill, it is 4.

I hate everything.

Don't worry, in about a months time, 17 degrees will seem like a heat wave.

Oct 19, 2010 I-130 application submitted to US Embassy Seoul, South Korea

Oct 22, 2010 I-130 application approved

Oct 22, 2010 packet 3 received via email

Nov 15, 2010 DS-230 part 1 faxed to US Embassy Seoul

Nov 15, 2010 Appointment for visa interview made on-line

Nov 16, 2010 Confirmation of appointment received via email

Dec 13, 2010 Interview date

Dec 15, 2010 CR-1 received via courier

Mar 29, 2011 POE Detroit Michigan

Feb 15, 2012 Change of address via telephone

Jan 10, 2013 I-751 packet mailed to Vermont Service CenterJan 15, 2013 NOA1

Jan 31, 2013 Biometrics appointment letter received

Feb 20, 2013 Biometric appointment date

June 14, 2013 RFE

June 24, 2013 Responded to RFE

July 24, 2013 Removal of conditions approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It's too warm here and not enough snow. It was 30 degrees at 10:30 pm here last night if I read the thermometer right. Unbelievable.

We need another foot of snow at least in order to access millions of acres out there calling us. It's maddening. #######. I am not going to ride four-wheelers in late November. It's just wrong. There's enough snow so your four-wheelers don't have any grip going up steep grades, but there isn't really enough snow for snow machines. It's WAY tougher. Hard on the machines, and hard on us.

It should be cold enough so the snow doesn't melt on your clothes. -10F to 10F is supreme. Warmer than that and you get wet. It's actually less comfortable than colder but dry.

Give us winter back.

If you can afford it..get a set of tracks. IMO they go through as much snow as a snowmobile…..just a little slower.

Timeline

If you can afford it..get a set of tracks. IMO they go through as much snow as a snowmobile…..just a little slower.

... and you can't pull any kind of load. We mostly skid logs with super-wide skiis on a sled I welded up. Right now I'm just cutting and leaving them there until we get more snow.

A guy down the road sells them (tracks) but you can buy a snow machine for what it costs to convert them, and we have three snow machines already. Three four wheelers too after I am done changing rings on a little Honda 200 TRX. That has been the best value for money going on 30 years in Alaska.

The sad truth is we use snow machines seven months and four-wheelers only about four months, give or take a couple weeks depending on weather. Can't use either for a couple weeks at break-up.

... and you can't pull any kind of load. We mostly skid logs with super-wide skiis on a sled I welded up. Right now I'm just cutting and leaving them there until we get more snow.

A guy down the road sells them (tracks) but you can buy a snow machine for what it costs to convert them, and we have three snow machines already. Three four wheelers too after I am done changing rings on a little Honda 200 TRX. That has been the best value for money going on 30 years in Alaska.

The sad truth is we use snow machines seven months and four-wheelers only about four months, give or take a couple weeks depending on weather. Can't use either for a couple weeks at break-up.

It was in the 30s so I did not go out all day. I fell casterated now

Timeline

It was in the 30s so I did not go out all day. I fell casterated now

lol. I went out in my t-shirt and underwear to split wood this morning. It was 30.

Timeline

I went out in my t-shirt and undies, too. Low 30's as well. But I only got the newspaper from the driveway.

Yah.

No wind chill here. I can work up a sweat in jogging clothes if I am splitting wood at 30 degrees.

You have to swing hard with the maul in warm temperatures. Wood is a lot easier to split in the deep cold. Kapow.

But you aren't out in your underwear at fifty below zero.

Filed: Timeline

Yah.

No wind chill here. I can work up a sweat in jogging clothes if I am splitting wood at 30 degrees.

You have to swing hard with the maul in warm temperatures. Wood is a lot easier to split in the deep cold. Kapow.

But you aren't out in your underwear at fifty below zero.

Doesn't get that cold here. Today at mid to low 30's in the early morning was exceptionally cold for these parts. And that's a good thing as far as I am concerned.