johnxkrn

Notice sent back to USCIS / Interview Missed, Denied [edited title/merged threads]

46 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Continuation thread merged into original thread. Thread title edited.

VJ Moderation

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 2 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nicaragua
Timeline

Hi. Im Hellen. Post office didn't deliver my notice so they returned it to USCIS. This happens due to an error of the apartment office where I live. They didn't put my name in the mailbox label. They just put my husband name. Therefore the mail guy couldn't deliver it.

On January 23rd I submit a non delivery request. Accordingly they will process my request and have to wait until February 14. I think it was the interview appointment so Im afraid to lose it. What do you recommend me? Do I have to talk with somebody? or make an infopass appointment? or write a letter? or just wait?

Thank you so much.

Ps. Im sorry if my English is not good.

Hi Helen,

Sorry to hear that tragedy..

But the good news is that you caught it early (I caught it 2 weeks after my initial interview date)

I am not sure about other USCIS offices, but I set up an infopass appointment (you can do that online, try to do it early morning or late night as just very few are available if they are any..) and went in to talk to the USCIS officer regarding my concerns.

Thankfully, i was given a word that my interview will be rescheduled and by god's grace, yesterday i received our rescheduled interview date for Feb 5, 2015. It took us exactly 2 months for to be rescheduled.

If you are not able to set up the infopass appointment, try walk-in ASAP and tell them your concern about not receiving your notice and afraid it might be an interview notice, some VISA JOURNEY'ERS got their interview notice copy on the spot.

MAKE SURE TO TAKE ALL THE DOCUMENTS WITH YOU JUST IN CASE.

Another option I did was to call USCIS service and ask for OFFICER TIER 2. TIER 2 Officer will be able to tell you what the notice was. (I was on hold for 4 hours so get yourself ready..)

I would do every above to be safe.

Hope my experience helps you and wish you the best.

Thank you

John

Timeline

Thank you so much John. Definitely I will call customer service in order to get tier 2 assistance. Also I will try to make an infopass appointment.

God bless you.

Hellen

Timeline

Hi. I called USCIS customer service and they told me they couldn't let me talk to tier 2 officer because the system doesn't show if my notice was about interview appointment. However, they let me know that my non delivery inquiry was attend by Dallas office today at 10.30 am. So they recommend me to wait. Meanwhile, I am writing an explanation letter to USCIS, just in case.

Mondays are their busy days so I believe they try not to transfer you to tier 2 officers. Try again tmr early morning and tell them you're concerned what kind of notice it is because if it is an interview notice, you're afraid you might miss the interview due to non - deliverable mail. Tier 2 officer do have access to see what kind of notice it is. Tier 1 officer, who you usually talk to when you call, do not have much information... ask them politely that you wish to talk to tier 2 because you're aware that tier 2 might have access to the notice type. (tier 2 officer's are very busy people)

Try to read my post from page 1 and see what I have done so far.. I believe I've done everything in my circumstances.

Good luck!! Just pray to God and everything will be fine! haha that's what I did and it worked! (not joking or anything but I just don't want you to be nervous and be too worried because trust me.. I've been in your shoes and it's devastating)

Timeline

Hi John. Thank you for your time. Actually what you say makes totally sense. The costumer service representative told me that tier 2 officers are very busy people. He told me he can see in his record if I have an interview appointment scheduled or not. He told me that I don't. For that reason he was unable to allow me to talk to tier 2.

I will call Customer service tomorrow as you recommend me.

Thank you and of course I will keep praying.

Timeline

Hello John. How you doing?

Well I was trying to get tier 2 during these days without success. But today I convinced to customer service officer to let me talk to tier to. However lines were busy and he told me that call again in 30 minutes.I will call again in 30 minutes. I just want to let you know if you have any advice to give when I talk to tier 2.

Best regards,

Hellen

Hellen,

Have you set up infopass appointment? That would be your best option. I would set infopass appointment first just in case you never get to get hold of tier 2 officer. If you do get hold of tier 2 officer, get to the point (they are busy people, they don't have time to hear our "tragedy story") and be straight forward with them. And last, do service request for your issue.

Hope it goes well for you! As my wife and I have our interview today.. I am nervous as well haha but I will update once Im through!

Timeline

Great! I hope you and your wife go well. As for my case,finally, after 4 hours in waiting line, I could talk to tier 2. He told me that the notice wasn't about my interview appointment. However he was concern about post office error so he recommend me call every 25th to them in order to get any information update.

Thank you for your help and advice. Thank you for sharing your experience so I could know how to do.

Good bless you and your wife; especially today.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Zambia
Timeline

How did it go brother man?

Hellen,

Have you set up infopass appointment? That would be your best option. I would set infopass appointment first just in case you never get to get hold of tier 2 officer. If you do get hold of tier 2 officer, get to the point (they are busy people, they don't have time to hear our "tragedy story") and be straight forward with them. And last, do service request for your issue.

Hope it goes well for you! As my wife and I have our interview today.. I am nervous as well haha but I will update once Im through!

Hey Naid,

Interview wasn't great. Our officer was super mean to my wife and no instant decision. he didnt seem to care about us at all. Told us it would take him 30 days and dismissed us. But that night, we received email from USCIS saying the "card" was ordered.. meaning our green card was ordered! haha.. and my wife received her green card on Feb 17th. Such a long journey but so worth it in the end! haha well at least for another year and half haha

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Congratulations!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

• 3 years later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Uganda
Timeline
9 hours ago, HUGUENSON said:

I am petitioner for my friend he missed his visas resident interview , how can you help him.

Start a new thread. This is 3 years old.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.