johnxkrn

Notice sent back to USCIS / Interview Missed, Denied [edited title/merged threads]

46 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nepal
Timeline

We filed it concurrently as well on July 17. It was because I-130 does not have a spot to fill in the mailing address and we live in Western State of North Dakota and my husband had a PO Box and a physical address. He only filled in the physical address. And we received the same email stating our address was undeliverable and it could have a serious action. A week after my husband called and changed the address. We did not receive anything. Talked to Tier 2 on Sept 30 and turns out they never sent the notice again. They made him update the mailing address again. Its been a month and half after that and we still have not received our I-797. What do you guys think we should? Right now, we have the glitch and can't check the status. But I know address was updated on September 30. My I-485 for interview scheduling has been pending since Aug 30.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

We filed it concurrently as well on July 17. It was because I-130 does not have a spot to fill in the mailing address and we live in Western State of North Dakota and my husband had a PO Box and a physical address. He only filled in the physical address. And we received the same email stating our address was undeliverable and it could have a serious action. A week after my husband called and changed the address. We did not receive anything. Talked to Tier 2 on Sept 30 and turns out they never sent the notice again. They made him update the mailing address again. Its been a month and half after that and we still have not received our I-797. What do you guys think we should? Right now, we have the glitch and can't check the status. But I know address was updated on September 30. My I-485 for interview scheduling has been pending since Aug 30.

Maybe you should make an info pass appointment, to know exactly what is going on with your petition.

:goofy: AOS: I-485& I-765 :goofy:

Sent: 9/26/2014I-485& I-765

Received: 9/30/2014I-485& I-765

Biometrics and noas received in mail:10/10/2014

Biometric appt:10/23/2014

:dance: Walk in Bio: 10/15/2014 :clock:

EAD Approved: 12/3/2014 B-)

EAD Mailed :12/9/2014

Ead Delivered: 12/11/2014

Interivew (12/29/2014)in the mail: 1/29/2015

Approved: Welcome notice mailed 1/30/2015 :dancing: :idea:

Card Produced: 2/5/2015& Shipped
Card Received: 2/7/2015

Timeline

I have never heard of that until now. What category would I fall into ? Would it be Case Service follow up appointment? It has not been 45 days after I sent the e request? We just discovered too on I-130 that we never received I-797C. Every time my husband called he said he had receipt. We filed for email notifications and that's why we know the receipt number. We just sent a e-request for I-130 for a notice not being sent but we won't get a notice by December 10.

Timeline

I have a question for you. We filed our application in July 17. I did my biometric in Mid August. And we still have no interview on I-485, no receipt for I-130 yet. I am not sure how this works. Did you have to get biometric done as well because I am the only one who did Biometric. There is a glitch in the system and we get a validation error on I-130 which a lot of people are going through currently. But being that you filed it after us and received interview date and missed it surprises me. I was reading that people can normally check on their case status for the interview date, so I was not worried at all. But it's been 4 months and we are frustrated.

Filed: Timeline

Hi there. Did you sign up for updates on your case? I did, and I received a text and email everytime I had a status change...the website even listed my interview date (though not time). You might consider signing up so that this doesn't happen again. Good luck - 3 hour hold time is crazy!!!

Came to US on a TN "Visa" from Canada, fell in love, married USC, and now filing for AOS based on marriage to USC

TN Visa Approved at Border 3-1-2013 (Canadian Citizen)

May 2014 - Completed I-693 Medical Process with Civil Surgeon

6-7-2014 Married to USC

7-15-14 Sent AOS Package via USPS Priority Mail Day 1

7-17-14 NOA for all parts of AOS package, EAD, and AP Day 3

7-21-14 Checks cashed Day 6

8-13-14 Biometrics 8-13-14 Day 28 (Did not walk in early, went on scheduled day/time)

8-27-14 Online status showed case moved to Testing and interview Day 42

9-10-14 Status update - AP and EAD approved, card production ordered Day 55

9-17-14 AP and EAD Combo Card received Day 62

10-15-14 Online status change, assigning interview date DAY 90

11-1#-14 Interview, approved at end of interview, green card should arrive in 2-3 weeks per approval letter DAY 120

11-1#-14 Evening of interview - received "Card Production Ordered" email update DAY 120 (NO RFE throughout process)

Looking forward to:

8-1#-16 Begin Removal of Conditions Process

8-1#-17 Begin Naturalization Process

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

CORRECTION TO GIUSEPPE G, note 34 states have chose NOT to set up state exchanges! And do not recognize what it is, ""obama-care"" !!!!!!!!!!!!

This immigration system is as broken as this government! Yes, our country has been in decline for several years, but now we are at an all time low, and the new immigration "proclamation" to come forward, will do nothing but cause more political battles, for months and years to come,!!!

This country cannot sink to any further depths than it has, it will take 20 years to recover from what has happened the past 6+ years, and what is next, get your pay check from from your employer, from the U.S. Govt.???

Our immigration system is so broken from the difference in CSC to TSC approval times, to what the OP has explained here is just a small example!

It is so inept!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I already requested that but I was told 15-30 days for me to get a reply.. Afraid that if it was interview is soon, I would miss interview before i get any kind of answer back from them :crying:

I did a request for notice for NOA2 not rec;d for CR2 on November 5 and got a respond on November 12 . just pray that you get a respond very fast

good luck

Timeline

Took me 3 hours and 35 mins to get hold of the officer!

The interview date was Oct 31...which was far back.. so we missed it..

Anyway We requested to schedule for new interview date so hopefully we do get a interview appointment notice by Dec 3. if not, just have to call back..

Also since i have Infopass appointment on Dec 1 to talk to the officer in person, i guess i've done as far as what i am able to do!

Thanks everyone!!

My interview is Dec 2nd lol

Married 6-12-14

Filed I-765 - I-485 - I-130

I-765

7-14-14 - Filed

07-22-14 - Cheque Cashed

8-4-14 - Change of Address

10-24-14 - Approved

10-23-14 - Receive EAD

I-485

7-14-14 - Filed

07-22-14 - Cheque Cashed

08-05-14 - Biometrics

08-14-14 - Biometric Completed

08-14-14 - RFE

08-17-14 - Responded

09-12-14 - Another RFE

09-17-14 - Responded

10-30-14 - Interview Schedule

12-2-14 - Interview Date (Reschedule because I was admitted in the Hospital)

12-6-14 - Receive letter that it has been reschedule

4-2-15 - Approved

4-29-15 - We May 29, 2015, we mailed your new card

I-130

7-14-14 - Filed

08-27-14 - Got Approval

Just an update..

On my online case study, under my case for I-485, on the history section, below is what is says..

• 11/20/2014
    sign_icon.png

On November 20, 2014, your request to have your interview rescheduled, referral number WKDXXXXX, was completed.

• 11/20/2014
    sign_icon.png

On November 20, 2014, we sent a response to your request to have your interview rescheduled, referral number WKDXXXXX.

• 11/20/2014
    sign_icon.png

On November 20, 2014, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number SRXXXXX, was completed.

• 11/20/2014
    sign_icon.png

On November 20, 2014, we sent a response to your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number SRXXXXX.

But my case still states that the US Post office was unable to deliver blah blah blah..

My concern is that if they denied our application or even denied our request for rescheduling interview, wouldn't my case get an update stating that our case has been denied?

Does my case status change to something regarding interview if We were rescheduled for an interview?..

I am just afraid that notice letter we are expecting to receive soon is a deny letter....

God I can't help not to think about this..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Try not to be too anxious about it. You will probably get a letter in a few days either saying the same thing, that your interview will be rescheduled at a future date and you will be notified, or a new interview date. You've done all you can and can only wait for the outcome. Wishing you the best John.

Edited by NikeS

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

UPDATE***

Today my wife and I received a denial letter of our i-485 and i-130 (Letter was dated November 17th), due to missing the interview.

Also, we received a letter (dated November 20) stating as below..

On 11/17/14, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-485, Application to register Prmanent Residence or Adjust Status to notifythat you did not receive an appointment letter. WE have forwarded a request to reschedule your i-485. We have referred your request to the appropriate department. AT this time it cannot be determined as to the exact date and time you will be requested to appear for an interview.

Okay.. I am terrified. sigh. I do not know what is going on.. Is it denied or it's not denied? Will we get our interview rescheduled?......

I have infopass appointment up coming Monday. What docs should I bring with? I am planning to take my ID, US Citizenship Cerfiticate, Bank Statements, Car insurance (with both my wife and my name), pictures, wedding ceremony contract which is in March 2015 (We were legally married back in June at the court and have the marriage licnese but did not do our "Wedding Ceremonies with guests, etc, .." yet), our denial letter, biometrics appointment and I-797 notices for USCIS receiving our docs, my wifes passport, her engagment ring, our wedding bands, ... what else should i Take in?

Also when making Infopass appointment, I put my name ( i am the petitioner). SHould i change to my wifes name?

If they cannot do anything but to deny our application, are my wife and I allow to re-apply ? Even though she entered US on VWP and currently overstay.. I am asking this question is because I am aware if applicants are denied, they will receive a letter later with a deadline to leave the country..

Thanks for your help..

Hello,

I am reposting my previous post with editings and correct tab.. also since my previous post does not show up..

ON NOVEMEBER 17th,below written.

Few infos about me and my Wife.
She entered into US as Visa Waiver Program to see her Sister who is studying in California on Dec, 2011.
Later she misses her 3 month stay and over stays her VWP.
My wife and I meet on November 2012, gets married on May 2014. We file our I-130 and I-485 on Mid August, 2014.
I am US Citizen.

I am petitioner for my wife's I-485.. we were married May 2014 and we concurrent filed i-130 and i-485 together mid August 2014. Got biometrics interview appoint notice few weeks later and She did he Biometrics early Septemebr 2014.

Now the issue... Because it has been over two months without any answers..I checked online and below is what I found out Novemeber 17...

Notice Was Returned To USCIS Because The Post Office Could Not Deliver It

On October 25, 2014, the Post Office returned a notice we sent you for your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status, Receipt Number MSCXXXXXX, because they could not deliver it. This could have a serious effect on your case. Please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request to request a copy of the notice immediately. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.

I called back few times yesterday to talk to tier two but was unable to do so.. I am afraid if the notice was an interview appointment notice...I am afraid that we would miss it since we have no idea of knowing the date/time..
Also service request would take 2-4weeks but did it anyway and appointment I made through infopass is scheduled December 1st... If it was a RFE notice, I am aware I have more than 2 months to reply to that so I am not worried but if it was an interview, I know it is usually scheduled 4-6 weeks after receiving the notice..
On November 18th, Below written,

The interview date was Oct 31...which was far back.. so we missed it..

Anyway We requested to schedule for new interview date so hopefully we do get a interview appointment notice by Dec 3. if not, just have to call back..

On November 20th, below written

On my online case study, under my case for I-485, on the history section, below is what is says..

• 11/20/2014
    sign_icon.png

On November 20, 2014, your request to have your interview rescheduled, referral number WKDXXXXX, was completed.

• 11/20/2014
    sign_icon.png

On November 20, 2014, we sent a response to your request to have your interview rescheduled, referral number WKDXXXXX.

• 11/20/2014
    sign_icon.png

On November 20, 2014, your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number SRXXXXX, was completed.

• 11/20/2014
    sign_icon.png

On November 20, 2014, we sent a response to your inquiry about a notice that you did not receive, referral number SRXXXXX.

But my case still states that the US Post office was unable to deliver blah blah blah..

My concern is that if they denied our application or even denied our request for rescheduling interview, wouldn't my case get an update stating that our case has been denied?

Does my case status change to something regarding interview if We were rescheduled for an interview?..

I am just afraid that notice letter we are expecting to receive soon is a deny letter....

God I can't help not to think about this..

Lastly, today November 21th, below written,

Today my wife and I received a denial letter of our i-485 and i-130 (Letter was dated November 17th), due to missing the interview.

On 11/17/14, you contacted USCIS concerning your I-485, Application to register Prmanent Residence or Adjust Status to notifythat you did not receive an appointment letter. WE have forwarded a request to reschedule your i-485. We have referred your request to the appropriate department. AT this time it cannot be determined as to the exact date and time you will be requested to appear for an interview.

Okay.. I am terrified. sigh. I do not know what is going on.. Is it denied or it's not denied? Will we get our interview rescheduled?......

I have infopass appointment up coming Monday. What docs should I bring with? I am planning to take my ID, US Citizenship Cerfiticate, Bank Statements, Car insurance (with both my wife and my name), pictures, wedding ceremony contract which is in March 2015 (We were legally married back in June at the court and have the marriage licnese but did not do our "Wedding Ceremonies with guests, etc, .." yet), our denial letter, biometrics appointment and I-797 notices for USCIS receiving our docs, my wifes passport, her engagment ring, our wedding bands, ... what else should i Take in?

Also when making Infopass appointment, I put my name ( i am the petitioner). SHould i change to my wifes name?

If they cannot do anything but to deny our application, are my wife and I allow to re-apply ? Even though she entered US on VWP and currently overstay.. I am asking this question is because I am aware if applicants are denied, they will receive a letter later with a deadline to leave the country..

Thanks for your help..

We am extremely terrified..
Any help/further advise will help..
Thank you..
Soon Yong

Timeline

UPDATE***

Thanks for your help..

You should bring everything you have to the info pass including your notices from uscis and explain your situation. Stay positive and I am sure they will try to clarify the situation. Its obvious there was an error. Stay strong.

:goofy: AOS: I-485& I-765 :goofy:

Sent: 9/26/2014I-485& I-765

Received: 9/30/2014I-485& I-765

Biometrics and noas received in mail:10/10/2014

Biometric appt:10/23/2014

:dance: Walk in Bio: 10/15/2014 :clock:

EAD Approved: 12/3/2014 B-)

EAD Mailed :12/9/2014

Ead Delivered: 12/11/2014

Interivew (12/29/2014)in the mail: 1/29/2015

Approved: Welcome notice mailed 1/30/2015 :dancing: :idea:

Card Produced: 2/5/2015& Shipped
Card Received: 2/7/2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

For the infopass I am not sure you can change the name on the appointment without losing the scheduled date and time altogether. Leave it as it is, after all you filed the I130.

So sorry about the denial letter, it was already in process as you had missed the interview on October 31st. The good news is you actually have a letter stating that they will reschedule you for another interview. Take both letters along and explain things and if there is a supervisor in your local office that can further re-assure you of the next steps to take then ask for it.

I read here on VJ about someone who got a denial letter for a missed interview he never received notice of. It played out with an initial denial letter also before USCIS rescheduled him. And he got his Greencard.

Get your facts, dates and documents well outlined and speak to the officer on Monday. I pray all will be well.

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.