coa24

Place of Birth Barangay/Town

13 posts in this topic

Have a question about this and how to write this on the G-325A form. When my fiancee was born, she was born in Margusan, but then a year or two ago the place she was born changed to Mapawa. Mapawa is the Barangay and Margusan is the town. How would you write that? Would you put both there? Would you write for place of birth as Mapawa, Margusan?

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

As much as I know, when you are asked to fill out the birthplace, it is the city and the country, so the town is the equivalent of the city and then the country. So you can put Margusan. I filled out mine as my town, province, country.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

if the question is place of birth the answer should be the city/town

09.06.14- Sent I-129f

09.11.14- NOA1 email

09.15.14- Alien Reg. changed

11.18.14- NOA2

02.02.15- Interview at US Embassy 

02.24.15 - POE San Francisco CA.

Thanks for the information. I do think following the information on the birth certificate is best. On her birth certificate it actually states Mapawa, San Mariano, Davao. San Mariano is now Margusan. San Mariano is in Davao del Norte.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Just write it like how it is on the birth certificate. That's what my asawa and I had to do and we explained it later. My wife is also from Compostela Valley but she is from New Bataan, and her birth certificate said she was born in Davao Del Norte back before ComVal become it's on province. So we put it down like that but explained it as well.

Did you ever travel to ComVal to visit her family, and if so how did you like it? I love it Compostela Valley and the Davao region in general.

Haven't yet, but will in January. Enjoyed Davao city and Tagum City though, I hear the valley is really nice though and I am looking forward to being there. Thanks for the information, it gets so confusing with all the names and which to use.

Edited by coa24

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Have a question about this and how to write this on the G-325A form. When my fiancee was born, she was born in Margusan, but then a year or two ago the place she was born changed to Mapawa. Mapawa is the Barangay and Margusan is the town. How would you write that? Would you put both there? Would you write for place of birth as Mapawa, Margusan?

Follow what is printed on the birth certificate.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

When you stated you explained it, you mean you wrote a note and place it behind the G-325A correct? Did you also supply a copy of her birth certificate as proof?

Timeline

When you stated you explained it, you mean you wrote a note and place it behind the G-325A correct? Did you also supply a copy of her birth certificate as proof?

G-325A. You are just starting the I-129F petition? Only provide what is required by USCIS for the I-129F. Follow the GUIDE here on VJ (blue bar at top of screen)

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

G-325A. You are just starting the I-129F petition? Only provide what is required by USCIS for the I-129F. Follow the GUIDE here on VJ (blue bar at top of screen)

Thanks Hank :). Yes I am starting the I-129F and actually finished with it except a few odds and ends, like passport photo, signing and dating documents. Basically I just want to make sure I have the place of birth correct on the I-129F and 325A and believe the question has been answered in full, which I am grateful for. So it is good to know that I do not have to provide an explanation for the USCIS, but I assume it will be for the interview when that time comes. Plan to file hopefully next week.

Timeline

Thanks Hank :). Yes I am starting the I-129F and actually finished with it except a few odds and ends, like passport photo, signing and dating documents. Basically I just want to make sure I have the place of birth correct on the I-129F and 325A and believe the question has been answered in full, which I am grateful for. So it is good to know that I do not have to provide an explanation for the USCIS, but I assume it will be for the interview when that time comes. Plan to file hopefully next week.

It is possible the CO may asking during the interview at the embassy, a verbal explanation will get it done. Always follow the birth certificate for required info.

Hope you wait goes quickly. Our wait was almost 5 months for the NOA2. The visa process in Manila went very quickly.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Basically we did it like what Hank was telling you to do. We put it down as Davao Del Norte but everything else said Compostela Valley. When we got to the interview she just explained it like that and it was fine. I love Davao City and Tagum as well.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.