coa24

Excited to Go For K-1...now the process begins

37 posts in this topic

This is great! Thanks for the information. Was a little confused about the ongoing relationship info and I-134 but that clears up a lot and makes the process much easier :) So now left with this for the cover letter.

- Payment in the amount of $340

- G-1145

- I-129F

- I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 34.a, explanation of meeting in person

- G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

- Form G325A,Q:Employment last five years (Petitioner)

- G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

- Form G325A,Q:Employment last five years (Beneficiary)

- Birth certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Excited to finally have a visa decision between my fiance and I and we are now working on the paperwork. So I plan to keep everyone up-to-date on the process. I tried to do some research on the site, but unable to find anything recent at the moment. Maybe it is there, just haven't looked in the right place.

A few questions:

1. should you copy every page of your passport or just the main page and the page showing your entry and exit from the Philippines?

2. When it comes to proving ongoing relationship, how much do you truly need? On Facebook we have like over 37,000 messages to each other since February 22, 2014, numerous emails and calls through Facebook and Skype to each other. Really not in mood to print 1,000's of pages. So would just a day or two be good? I also help with internet cost every so often, as I want to have something stable when we talk, would it be better to show the money gram orders sent to her account be better than actual conversations? Or both?

3. We met in person in August of 2014, but will file probably at end of this month, but we will also meet again at end of December of 2014 through January 2015, would you add the flight itinerary, her buying my domestic plane tickets, etc...for the trip as part of proving ongoing relationship?

Thanks for all the help,

1. If you are using your passport to prove your US citizenship, then you need ALL pages including blank pages. If you are using your passport stamps to prove you have met in person, you only need a copy of your passport bio page and the page containing the passport stamp.

2. You do not need to print thousands and thousands of pages of chat logs, screen shots, emails, etc. Instead, choose a small sampling of proof spanning your relationship. In my case, I printed one page per month of Skype and Viber logs. My relationship proof totaled about 30 pages. You really don't need much more than that.

3. I would not include a flight itinerary for a future visit. Just keep your relationship proof short and simple and limit it from the start of your relationship to present.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Thanks! When you say hand written intent to marry letter, are you saying that the typed written letter that is signed by both are not recommended for Philippines? Also photographs is it okay to place the 15 or so photographs in a doc file over a couple of pages or is it better to make actual photographs of each photo?

Attached is my cover letter when I send it:

name and address of petitioner

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

11/25/2014

Nature of the submission: I-129F ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-129F, Petition for K-1 Fiancée Visa for ..................., and supporting documents.

Contents include:

- Payment in the amount of $340

- G-1145

- I-129F

- I-129F Supplement: Part 2, Question 34.a, explanation of meeting in person

- G-325A and passport style photo (Petitioner)

- Form G325A,Q:Employment last five years

- G-325A and passport style photo (Beneficiary)

- Form G325A,Q:Employment last five years

- Birth certificate/US Passport (Petitioner)

- Letter certifying intent to marry (Petitioner and Beneficiary)

- Proof of having met in person in the past two years

- Proof of ongoing relationship

- Form I-134

- Form I-134 supporting financial documents

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

The letter of intent can be typed.

You only need either a copy of your birth certificate OR a copy of all pages of your passport. You do not need both.

You do not send in the I-134 and support documents now. This is for later in the process when you are at the visa interview stage.

K-1
NOA1: 04/08/2014; NOA2: 04/21/2014; Visa interview, approved: 07/15/2014; POE: 07/25/2014; Marriage: 09/05/2014

AOS

NOA1:  09/12/2014;  Biometrics:  10/06/2014;  EAD/AP Received:  11/26/2014;  Interview Waiver Letter:  01/02/2015;  

RFE:  07/09/2015;  Permanent Residency Granted:  07/27/2015;  Green card Received:  08/22/2015

ROC

NOA1:  05/24/2017;  Biometrics:  06/13/2017;  Approved without interview:  09/05/2018;  10 Yr Green card Received:  09/13/2018

Naturalization

08/09/2020 -- Filed N-400 online

08/09/2020 -- NOA1 date

08/11/2020 -- NOA1 received in the mail

12/30/2020 -- Received notice online that an interview was scheduled

02/11/2021 -- Interview

Has anyone ever had any trouble paying with a money order? I can probably do a check, but would have to order checks from bank.

Romans 8:28 - And we know that all things work together for the good of those who love God: those who are called according to His purpose.
Hebrews 11:6 - And without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is and that He is a rewarder of those who seek Him.

Should all photos be placed is same plastic bag or is it okay to place them all in the same bag? I have 19 pics with family, ourselves, and friends.

Don't want to start a new thread. But another question....On the G325A when filling out the employment. So I have a Full Time job, but also a side business. Of course I list both as being present (the side business use to be my main source of income until 6 months ago. Later when the I-134 is filed, how would you go about filing? I guess you just go with one or the other. If you place both as being present sources of income, wouldn't you also have to state that with the I-134? Or would you do that later when you file the AOS?

Edited by coa24

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

You can place your photos in one bag, or even simply print off several photos on regular printer paper so they fit easier.

If you have 2 jobs for the I-134, you add your income from both together and that total would be your current annual income. You provide proof of both incomes, and can list your main job on the I-134 and then add an extra statement sheet to list any additional jobs you have.

And yes, you can pay with a money order.

Edited by KayDeeCee

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Thanks for the help! This may sound like a dumb question. If someone is an independent distributor for a company like Mary Kay, is it okay to just list Mary Kay and as occupation as Independent distributor or would you have to say DBA such and such name underneath Mary Kay? Fiance is a distributor of Mary Kay in the Philippines.

Timeline

On the G-325A, you can just put Self-Employed and then Mary Kay Distributor as occupation. No address or other info needed on that besides the dates for when you had that job.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

How important is it to have the originally signed documents g325a and intent to marry from your fiancee? Would her signing, dating, the scaning it for me be okay?

Timeline

I suggest you use original signatures. Some people have no problems with the scanned copies, but others have received RFEs for original signatures. It is up to you.

Been trying to find an answer to this and this may sound like a stupid question. Notice in the Paying immigration fees section it list "Bank drafts, cashier's checks, certified checks, personal checks " and " Accepted cards include Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, and Discover® Network." My question is would USCIS balk at a convenience check (from my credit card I have with bank) from your financial bank institution? I assume it is okay since it is from a major bank and is probably like paying with a money order or credit card.

Timeline

You are not paying an immigration fee. You are paying a USCIS form filing fee for the I-129F. You can pay with check or money order. If it is a check drawn on a US bank, then it should work. Just remember you will have to pay the interest rate for the cash advance on your credit if you use that instead of a personal check or money order.

From the I-129F instructions> http://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/files/form/i-129finstr.pdf

What Is the Filing Fee?

The filing fee for a Form I-129F is $340.

There is no fee for Form I-129F petitions for classification of an alien as a spouse of a United States citizen.

Use the following guidelines when you prepare your check or money order for the Form I-129F filing fee:

1. The check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other financial institution located in the United States and must
be payable in U.S. currency; and

2. Make the check or money order payable to U.S. Department of Homeland Security.
NOTE: Spell out U.S. Department of Homeland Security; do not use the initials "USDHS" or "DHS."

How soon after filing will you know which center it goes to?

How soon after filing will you know which center it goes to?

This information is provided with your NOA1 which you should get within a week or so of filing your i-129f :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.