CarolineM

What was your official first "date" with your SO??

83 posts in this topic

Oct 2004

Our first official date was in Dublin Ireland. We went to a chippy shop at 2am in the morning. Worst chippy ever!! :blink: But romantic none the least. Actually it seemed like our whole time in Dublin was one continious date :luv:

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our first unofficial date was atop a sand dune in the sahara. When my french/his english failed...we drew pictures in the sand.

348-1.jpg

Our first official date was over drinks in a berber tent/hotel dinning room.

382.jpg

erfoud44.jpg

24 March 2009 I-751 received by USCIS

27 March 2009 Check Cashed

30 March 2009 NOA received

8 April 2009 Biometric notice arrived by mail

24 April 2009 Biometrics scheduled

26 April 2009 Touched

...once again waiting

1 September 2009 (just over 5 months) Approved and card production ordered.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

We had emailed and talked on the phone for a few months before he came here to visit.

The date was August 2, 2003, a Saturday. I hadn't slept in a few days and was a total wreck before I had to drive up to Cincinnati airport to pick him up. His flight was supposed to land at just after 6pm, and I got there at about 5:30. We had agreed to meet by the baggage carousel, but when I got there it was DESERTED! So I checked to make sure I was in the correct place, and I was. There was a tv on the wall with CNN on it, so I watched...but I couldn't tell you what in the world they were talking about. I would look up there, then look back at the escalator, the go to the restroom to check hair/makeup, then repeat the ritual. About 6:15, I was watching CNN, then heard some people behind me. I looked back behind me, and he wasn't there. Looked up at CNN for a few minutes and was about to begin the ritual again, LOL, but when I turned around, the people had parted...and at the end, there was a good looking guy in a beige linen suit. (THis is what he told me he would be wearing...we hadn't even seen photos of each other yet!!) He said my name, and for a second I looked behind me, because a guy THIS GOOD LOOKING couldn't possibly be what I'd waited on....but it was. Walking between the parted people was like a scene out of a movie...

Back to Lexington just after 8. By 9pm.... :blush::blush:

First "official" date was outside of a gas station at midnight that same night. He was hungry and wanted hot dogs. But before that, he had wanted to iron his trousers for church the next day. He asked where the ironing board was...I said, "Uh, what ironing board??" So we went to Walmart to buy an iron, and then ate hotdogs outside a Thornton's gas station.

Billy (UK) & Becky (KY)

First email from penpal site: February 10, 2003
LOTS of emails until....
First phone call, 2+hours: March 23, 2003
Daily phone calls and emails UNTIL...
First meeting in person (Cincinnati airport): August 2, 2003
Second meeting: December 19, 2003
Third meeting (Gatwick airport): March 27, 2004
Sent I-129-F TSC : May 24, 2004
NOA1: May 27, 2004
NOA1 received: June 4, 2004
RFE via email: July 29, 2004
RFE hard copy received: August 2, 2004
NOA2: August 24, 2004
Packet 3 received: September 16, 2004
Packet 4 received: October 18, 2004
Flying to England to be there for the interview: November 6, 2004
Interview: NOVEMBER 9, 2004
APPROVED!!!!!!!
Billy moving to Kentucky: November 23, 2004
Married in a candlelit ceremony on Friday, December 17, 2004!
AOS interview: Monday, October 24, 2005 Louisville
Green card in mail: January 27, 2006

Found out about his girlfriend, and her FIVE kids: April, 2016

Divorce final: August 9,2016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
-- 1 John 3:18

I suppose Rick and my first "official" date would be the first time we finally met face to face - after having chatted online for 6 months and already fallen madly in love with each other.

This is the very room where that week-end long date was held...

(and all of the weekend is unmentionable...lol)

Room 16 aka The Red Room. :devil:

ch16dz2.jpg

ETA: This was April 28th, 2000. Man, the years just fly by!

Edited by Sharon

smilie_s.gifsmilie_h.gifsmilie_a.gifsmilie_r.gifsmilie_o.gifsmilie_n.gif

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

I suppose Rick and my first "official" date would be the first time we finally met face to face - after having chatted online for 6 months and already fallen madly in love with each other.

This is the very room where that week-end long date was held...

(and all of the weekend is unmentionable...lol)

Room 16 aka The Red Room. :devil:

ch16dz2.jpg

ETA: This was April 28th, 2000. Man, the years just fly by!

Wow, this room is amazing! No twin beds for you then!

We met after him and his friend over heard me and some of my friends playing a rather crude game of 'I have never', which attracted their attention somewhat... We then went to an awful awful club called the Purple Turtle in the centre of Oxford. The one thing I do remember is asking him his opinion on my tongue :blink: Not sure why, but I'm sure it made total sense at the time. I'm not sure that really counts as a date, but I had fun anyway!

The next time I saw him was after about 3 bottles of wine - somehow I managed to recognise him at a college party, and I pretty much pounced on him and told him to walk me home. Thankfully, when I sobered up he wasn't an alien or anything - just american!

AOS/EAD

11/15/2006 NOA1 for EAD and AOS

12/1/2006 Received RFE Grrrrrrrrr

12/2/2006 Biometrics

12/8/2006 Sent back RFE

1/26/2007 EAD Card Production Ordered

1/31/2007 EAD Card received

3/6/2007 INTERVIEW - FBI namecheck

3/26/2007 NOA1 for AP

4/30/2007 AOS APPROVED

5/7/2007 Green Card Arrived!

-

2/12/09 Mailed Removal of Conditions

3/10/09 Bio Appt

-

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I don't want details. I just want to know if that heart shaped tub was 'used'.

PS please tell me that place is close to us?

-12/15/06 Mailed off I-129F

-12/19/06 NOA1 via email

-01/05/07 NOA2 via email

-01/13/07 NVC notice via snail mail

-01/25/07 Packet 3 arrives.

-02/22/07 Packet 3 is mailed.

-03/02/07 Medical

-03/13/07 Packet 4 arrives.

-03/16-24/07 Honey visits.

-04/02/07 Interview(Approved)

-04/10/07 Visa arrives.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

It was July 10, 2004. We went to the Imax theatre in Halifax and had dinner later. We sort of eased into that first meeting since it was our first face to face. After a few hours together things just sort of fell into place, yanno? The one thing I won't forget is that first contact with him at the airport. He walked up to me, rather fast, and placed his hands on my cheeks, smiled and said "You're here!" and then kissed me ever so sweetly on the lips. SIIIIIIIIIIIGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

LOL! Of course the double-heart-shaped jacuzzi was used hehe. The first time was after a false start tho cuz silly me over-estimated how much bubble bath to add to it and we had to stop the tub and scoop out all the bubbles with the ice bucket hahaha, empty it, then start over. :blush:

Unfortunately Thingee, I'm sad to say that no it wasn't anywhere near where we are. Rick drove the 12 hours from Virginia to Montreal for our first face to face, and that motel was just a few miles away from where I lived. Motel Canada

* I'll see if I can't dig out some of the old pics from our first meeting...damn, almost SEVEN years ago!

Edited by Sharon

"Life is not measured by how many breaths we take but rather by the moments that take our breath away"

LOL! Of course the double-heart-shaped jacuzzi was used hehe. The first time was after a false start tho cuz silly me over-estimated how much bubble bath to add to it and we had to stop the tub and scoop out all the bubbles with the ice bucket hahaha, empty it, then start over. :blush:

Unfortunately Thingee, I'm sad to say that no it wasn't anywhere near where we are. Rick drove the 12 hours from Virginia to Montreal for our first face to face, and that motel was just a few miles away from where I lived. Motel Canada

* I'll see if I can't dig out some of the old pics from our first meeting...damn, almost SEVEN years ago!

LOL Here ya go! This was my hubby (then just BF) relaxing in all the bubbles...lol.

bubblesbubbleseverywherfu8.jpg

By the way, Rick just told me to tell you that they have these same kind of rooms in the Poconos in PA...not too far..(and I won't ask him just how he knows that!. :blink:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Wales
Timeline

Sharon's room reminds me of that first "visit" of my then boyfriends. During the two weeks he was here, we went south to the Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area of Tennessee in the Smokies. I had rented a cabin online called "Becky's Dream"...great because that's my first name...and some dreams were realized there! It had a heart shaped jacuzzi tub as well.

Billy (UK) & Becky (KY)

First email from penpal site: February 10, 2003
LOTS of emails until....
First phone call, 2+hours: March 23, 2003
Daily phone calls and emails UNTIL...
First meeting in person (Cincinnati airport): August 2, 2003
Second meeting: December 19, 2003
Third meeting (Gatwick airport): March 27, 2004
Sent I-129-F TSC : May 24, 2004
NOA1: May 27, 2004
NOA1 received: June 4, 2004
RFE via email: July 29, 2004
RFE hard copy received: August 2, 2004
NOA2: August 24, 2004
Packet 3 received: September 16, 2004
Packet 4 received: October 18, 2004
Flying to England to be there for the interview: November 6, 2004
Interview: NOVEMBER 9, 2004
APPROVED!!!!!!!
Billy moving to Kentucky: November 23, 2004
Married in a candlelit ceremony on Friday, December 17, 2004!
AOS interview: Monday, October 24, 2005 Louisville
Green card in mail: January 27, 2006

Found out about his girlfriend, and her FIVE kids: April, 2016

Divorce final: August 9,2016
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let us not love with words or tongue but with actions and in truth.
-- 1 John 3:18

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Our first date was May 8, 2006 he came to pick me up at my hotel and then we walked through this park near my hotel and it was pretty. Then we went to this pub and had apple martini's and pizza. (what a combo) then we went to another bar called the Collection and had the most wonderful vanilla martini's ever. Awww I miss him. :crying:

11/27/2006 Filed I-129F

12/01/06 received at CSC NOA1

12/09/06 checked cleared

02/28/07 touched!

02/28/07 NOA2 via email 3 of them!!!!

03/01/07 touched

03/09/07 NOA2 received via snail mail

03/20/07 Received email from Sydney that packet 3 should be mailed out tomorrow

03/26/07 Fiance received packet 3

4/26/07 Fiance medical appointment

5/01/07 New date of medical appointment

5/14/07 Fiance interview date!

VISA APPROVED!

6/8/07 My fiance arrives in America

7/14/07 Wedding day!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline
we had a faux date online for our first valentine's day. we had just become a couple a week or so before. We dressed up and had dinner together infront of our webcams. :blush:

Our first in person date would have to be after he picked me up at the bus stop in Hull and we went for fish and chips :)

Hehehehe...as soon as I saw "Hull" it reminded me of that episode of OFAH "To Hull & Back"...goooooooood stuff...I love that show! :lol: Anyway...

Sharon, I wouldn't think about it too much (though you don't strike me as the type to stress over it!) ;) because even *I* knew they had rooms like that in the Poconos and I've never been there...pretty well-known fact here for lots of people :) BTW, no smoking for...in five hours..will be EIGHT days!!! Thanks for your post on my thread...

We never really hada first date....I met him at O'Hare and after a long day of traveling already, we took a bus for an hour 1/2 back to where I parked my car (about 2 miles from my brothers...where I used to live up until about 10 years ago) At least we got to spend the time snuggling! We spent the night in the same town the bus stopped, and then a five-hour drive home the next day. He ended up staying 3 months instead of the intended two weeks,so we had one big long date! :) M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Reading this thread can't help but smile, everyone sharing their sweet first date stories. :)

We had our first date online not with webcams or talking, but in chat. We just made up the whole scenario as we went along. It was one big story, he stopped to fix my flat tyre, we went out to dinner, cool summer's breeze, stars out, etc. We talked for so many hours it was funny, romantic and goofy. I have never had a virtual date that was totally imaginary and I have never experienced that connection before. We could finish each other's sentences and still do. I still have the email he sent me afterwards to say thank you for such a wonderful time.

I used to call him my frog, because you have to kiss a lot of them before you meet your prince. When we met in person for the first time (7mths later) he gave me a gold charm bracelet and on it was a little frog. I never take it off because it reminds me of him and makes me feel that he is always with me. :)

19 Apr 07: ARRIVED JFK POE and got the temp EAD stamp!!!!

27 Apr 07: Got Married

14 May 07: Received SSN

04 June 07: GOT A JOB!!

16 June 07: Wedding Reception in San Francisco

13 August 07: Got new EAD

23 November 07: Adjustment of Status approved

25 December 07: First white Christmas EVER!!!!

27 Apr 08: First Wedding Anniversary

4 July 08: Mt Rushmore for 4th July

27 April 09: Second Wedding Anniversary

October 09: Hoping to visit Australia