Judejeff

RFE for I-693 during interview

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

I came here under K-1 and K-2 for my kids. For AOS applications, we went to see a CS and were given a new shot and had our previous vaccinations report transcribed in the Form I-693. I filed our AOS on the 4/8/2014.We had our interview on 10/31/14. Everything went well, the officer is a nice and friendly lady. Thus, when she checked our I-693, she said that the I-693 should have been completed since our previous medical examination was done on 8/31/2013 hence it has expired. Meaning we need to have new medical examination. I told her that when I submitted our AOS applications in April the previous medical examination was still within 1 year. She told me that if our interview could have been before 8/31/2014 our 1-693 would be acceptable. She mentioned about the new policy of 1-693 enforced since June this year. Well, I am not aware of it. So we got RFE for 1-693 during the interview. I’ve read the new policy of I-693 over and over yet I’m still unsure of its interpretation in relation to our case. Anyway, we have done the medical examination (again) and submitted the new 1-693. Hopefully, it won’t take long for the approval.

Wonder if anybody has the same experience…

Wow, I did not know about that. Thank you for heads up.

Know your enemy and know yourself and you can fight a hundred battles without disaster.Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat

- Sun Tzu-

It doesn't matter how slow you go as long as you don't stop

-Confucius-

-I am the beneficiary and my post is not reflecting my petitioner's point of views-

Lifting Condition (I-751)

*Mailed I-751 package (06/21/2017) to CSC

*NOA-1 date (06/23/2017)

*NOA-1 received (06/28/2017)

*Check cashed (06/27/2017)

*Biometric Received (07/10/2017)

*Biometric Appointment (07/20/2017)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, a new policy came out in May > http://www.uscis.gov/news/alerts/uscis-issues-new-policy-form-i-693-report-medical-examination-and-vaccination-record

http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/Updates/20140530-I-693Validity.pdf

Background

Prior to 2002, Form I-693 was considered valid and sufficient for admissibility purposes as long
as the form was reviewed within one year from the date of the civil surgeon’s signature. In 2002,
USCIS (then legacy INS), in consultation with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(CDC), extended the validity of the civil surgeon endorsement on Form I-693 beyond the one year
threshold in certain circumstances. The extension has been continuously renewed on an
annual basis since 2002.

In response to concerns raised by CDC, USCIS is revising its policy relating to the validity of the
medical examination report submitted by the applicant, to include discontinuing the annual
extension policy.
The revised policy becomes effective on June 1, 2014, and applies to any Form
I-693 supporting a benefit application adjudicated on or after that date.

Policy Highlights

Limits the validity period of Form I-693 to one year from time of submission to USCIS.

Their own policy states it should not apply to those adjusting from a K-1(http://www.uscis.gov/policymanual/HTML/PolicyManual-Volume8-PartB-Chapter3.html), but some IO's are interrupting it that way and some people have been receiving an RFE at their interviews for a new medical and I-693. You can read through this thread from last month. It discusses the new policy and how someone adjusting from a K-1 should not have to abide by this new policy since they are an exception, but are getting RFEs anyway > http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/516746-do-i-need-to-get-more-shot-pls-help/

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

gosh what about those who received interviewer waiver...our medical will be one year next week...stil waiting to our gc...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.