Orlando2015

How to bring a Baby to the USA

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Ok don’t need to be judged or criticized would just like some detailed factual information how to proceed with this not ideal situation.

I went to the Philippines about 3 years ago and hooked up with a girl. Anyone she now tells me she had a baby and the baby is mine and she cannot afford to take care of it and has someone who wants to marry her who does not want the baby and she wants me to take the baby.

I am currently married although I was not at the time. However my wife is understanding, we know the first thing is to get proof the child is actually mine. That is a no brainer, so what I need to know is what is the steps after that to actually bring the child to the USA. Is there any other scams or things that might be going on here that we are not aware of? This has all hit us out of the blue but we want what is best for the child. So we are more than willing to take on the responsibilities just do not want this to turn into some type of scam or long drawn out process because we do not proceed in the right steps. I hope someone can help.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The one thing that you may have trouble with is the fact that you have little to no relationship with the child. That is a key part in bringing the child over. The wait would likely be 8-12 months. I would consult an immigration attourney.

Edited by Transborderwife

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

If the DNA test shows the child is your you would file for a CRBA (consular report of birth abroad) for the child. http://manila.usembassy.gov/service/citizenship/first-time-report-of-birth-abroad7.html

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Belinda is right. If you are a US citizen, and the child is yours as per DNA test, the child can get a US passport and, if the mom agrees, it will be easy to bring the child here.

Thank you for stepping up.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.