LibCampFireClub

Rush Limbaugh threatens to sue Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee

98 posts in this topic

I don't know if you saw that Howard Stern movie "private parts" but there was a quote in that movie I always think about. These execs were talking about his show when he was in ny. He was creating so much controversy and hatred but they found out that people that couldn't stand him were spending as much time listening to him as the people that enjoyed his show, for the same reason. "They wanted to see what he would say next"

I bet Fox News blows away MSNBC for the same reason

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Also amazing that Rush repeatedly gets ripped for being a "drug addict" here on VJ. More diversion with insults and kicking a person when he is down. I thought libs were a forgiving group. Remember it is not his fault -- it's society's fault, it's genetic, it's prejudice, or any of the other B.S. you use to excuse abnormal, illegal, or deviant behavior of your friends and colleagues. But I guess your dear principles do not apply to conservative talk show hosts.

Filed: Timeline

Also amazing that Rush repeatedly gets ripped for being a "drug addict" here on VJ. More diversion with insults and kicking a person when he is down. I thought libs were a forgiving group. Remember it is not his fault -- it's society's fault, it's genetic, it's prejudice, or any of the other B.S. you use to excuse abnormal, illegal, or deviant behavior of your friends and colleagues. But I guess your dear principles do not apply to conservative talk show hosts.

Yeah, Rush does that a lot. One of the reasons that I think he's so despicable.

There's nothing good about drug use. We know it. It destroys individuals. It destroys families. Drug use destroys societies. Drug use, some might say, is destroying this country. And we have laws against selling drugs, pushing drugs, using drugs, importing drugs. And the laws are good because we know what happens to people in societies and neighborhoods, which become consumed by them. And so if people are violating the law by doing drugs, they ought to be accused and they ought to be convicted and they ought to be sent up.

What this says to me is that too many whites are getting away with drug use. Too many whites are getting away with drug sales. Too many whites are getting away with trafficking in this stuff. The answer to this disparity is not to start letting people out of jail because we're not putting others in jail who are breaking the law. The answer is to go out and find the ones who are getting away with it, convict them and send them up the river, too.

Rush Limbaugh TV show (10/5/95)

Of course, that piece of "wisdom" was not to be applied to Rush himself. He needed help. F^%#ing hypocrite that he is.

Seems to be what they do. If they had convincing arguments, they'd present them. Instead, cheap insults and gratuitous personal attacks.

No, it's what Rush does. It's how he made his millions. Thanks for playing, though.

Edited by Mr. Big Dog

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Perhaps he gets ripped for being a drug addict because his speech mimics that of an addict. It is really not a diversion. He is addicted to drugs and they may have damaged his brain and cognitive functions, as drugs often do.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Filed: Timeline

Pure comedy about a man who does nothing but put people down and kick them when they're there. Rush is nothing but a bully who thinks he's better than everyone else and the rules don't apply to him. He's the conservative equivalent of Keith Olberman.

My comment to which you responded, (since you seem to have quoted it, then gone off on your own tangent):

Seems to be what they do. If they had convincing arguments, they'd present them. Instead, cheap insults and gratuitous personal attacks.

This comment was regarding certain VJers, who consistently and gratuitously weigh down their 'posts' with personal attacks & insults instead of thoughtful dialogue.

YOU were the subject of that quote, among others. But you knew that. :rolleyes:

Gonna be cold in VT this weekend, might even snow.

I miss Gary

You act like he left.

:no:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

You act like he left.

:no:

You are dead wrong. The Gary that drove you all nuts is not here