Nefan

Interview passed but Medical expiring soon!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

My fiance passed her interview exam few weeks back (in Dubai) and got her visa which expires in March. The issue we are facing is the lady who took her interview told my fiance that she has to come to USA by Nov 26 as her Medical will be expiring soon. If not then she will have to retake the interview. She took her medical on May 30 and it has a 6 month expiry. Her initial interview was in first week of june, but due to some circumstances we postponed it. We have a few questions. Why did the lady say Nov 26? Even if she needs to be here before medical exam expires doesn't that give her till Nov 29? (Unless she wanted us to play safe and be here few days earlier?). Other questions we have:

Does she have to retake interview if her medical expires? (That is what the lady said but we could not find any documentation on this).

What if she comes after Medical exam expires? Lets say in January. Will she be denied entry in USA?

Is it possible to just retake Medical exam before coming in January? If she does retake medical exam does it have to be before prior medical expires?

I also read online where some people are saying as long as fiance comes before visa expires its fine and she doesn't have to retake medical or interview.

Thanks

Why did the lady say Nov 26? Nov 26 is exactly 180 days (6 months)

21 Aug 2013: I-129F Sent

11 Feb 2014: Visa APPROVED!

20 May 2014: Wedding!

--

31 Jul 2014: Mailed AOS Packet

12 Feb 2015: AOS Interview - Approved

--

22 Feb 2017: Mailed ROC Packet

08 Aug 2018: ROC Approved

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Medical is actually good for a year (many embassies tie the validity of the visa to the date of the medical for it's validity which is where the 6 months comes from). Only date you need to pay attention to is the visa expiration date, be in the USA before that date.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cameroon
Timeline

I think you need to be asking the embassy these questions. She won't be able to even board the flight if she has an expired USA visa. Talk to the embassy about your options if you need to further delay her entry.

My fiance passed her interview exam few weeks back (in Dubai) and got her visa which expires in March. The issue we are facing is the lady who took her interview told my fiance that she has to come to USA by Nov 26 as her Medical will be expiring soon. If not then she will have to retake the interview. She took her medical on May 30 and it has a 6 month expiry. Her initial interview was in first week of june, but due to some circumstances we postponed it. We have a few questions. Why did the lady say Nov 26? Even if she needs to be here before medical exam expires doesn't that give her till Nov 29? (Unless she wanted us to play safe and be here few days earlier?). Other questions we have:

Does she have to retake interview if her medical expires? (That is what the lady said but we could not find any documentation on this).

What if she comes after Medical exam expires? Lets say in January. Will she be denied entry in USA?

Is it possible to just retake Medical exam before coming in January? If she does retake medical exam does it have to be before prior medical expires?

I also read online where some people are saying as long as fiance comes before visa expires its fine and she doesn't have to retake medical or interview.

Thanks

K-1

January 27, 2014 - Submitted I-129F

January 31, 2014 - NOA1

August 3, 2014- E service request submitted

August 15, 2014- E service request received back saying our case is in a processing hold due to "pending security checks"

September 3, 2014 - NOA2

September 5, 2014 - Case shipped to NVC

September 8, 2014 - NOA2 Hardcopy received

September 17, 2014- Case # assigned by NVC

September 19, 2014- Case shipped to Consulate from NVC

October 1, 2014 - Case status "Ready"

October 3, 2014 - Packet 3 received- K1 Instructions

October 15, 2014 - Packet 4 received- Appointment letter

November 4, 2014 - Interview- APPROVED!!!

November 13, 2014 - Visa in hand

November 25, 2014- POE in Washington, DC

December 18, 2014- Marriage at Courthouse

AOS

January 8, 2015- AOS NOA1

January 28, 2015- Biometrics appointment

March 4, 2015- EAD card in production

March 16, 2015- EAD card in hand

May 2015- Notice of Interview Waiver and case processing delay

September 10, 2015- RFE- lost packet given at POE! Have to redo the medical :/

October 28, 2015- Approval of AOS and card in production- online case status updated

November 2, 2015- Green card in hand!!

Filed: Timeline

She is not planning to come after visa expires which is in March. But we would like to postpone to January if possible but her medical exam expires end of November. From what the lady told us it seems that if she doesn't come before medical exam expires then she would have to retake interview and medical exam. Is that really true? Or was she mistaken?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

as far as i know, your fiance has to enter the US before the medical report expires, in her case before november 26 as the officer said, if not she will have to do a new medical exam...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.