ziggy1977

GOING ON 12 MONTHS AND STILL NO NOA2

35 posts in this topic

hello everyone, I sent my I-129F petition last year Nov. 29, 2013 and still no NOA2 . i did everything by calling them and congressman getting involved and their response was they can not move forward on my case until background and security checks are completed.. (are they checking mine or my fiancee?I have no criminal records )

​on Oct 1st 2014 I received a RFE stating that i need to need them a new G-325A form coz i sent them a G-325 form, apparently that's was my mistake.. thats the only thing they ask for !!!!! so I sent them the new G325A form..

em i getting close for my NOA2???????? and i want to know why my our background and security checks took almost 1 year.. coz i been reading posts on here and most of you guys get approve in 5 to 7 months only !!!! so happy for you guys when i read your approval but sad when i think bout my fiancee coz we been waiting for so so so long...

​anyone in the same situation or in the same boat waiting for this long for NOA2??????

Ouch. I'm sorry this is happening to you. I hope it gets resolved soon.

ROC Timeline!

Service Center : California Service Center

NOA2017-09-01

Biometrics : 2017-09-28

ROC Approved 2019-01-17

AOS Timeline!

Marriage : 2015-01-10

AOS/EAD/AP NOA : 2015-01-20

Biometrics : 2015-02-17

EAD/AP Approved : 2015-03-17

NPIW : 2015-06-11

AOS Approved : 2015-11-24

K-1 Visa Timeline!

Service Center : Texas Service Center

Transferred? No

Consulate : Frankfurt, Germany

I-129F NOA1 : 2014-03-11

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-08-12

Consulate Received : 2014-09-15

Interview Date : 2014-11-13

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 2014-11-15

US Entry : 2014-12-31

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank from all those months i was waiting i called and email USICS 3 times a month ..and also emailed n wrote a letters to the contacts below.. they gave me the same answer..so thats why my case was stuck in background check but why so long i ask them but they couldn't give me an answer. im just so glad the background check is over n they are moving forward on my case...

donald.W.neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov (Director of USCIS operation )

susan.k.arroyo@uscis.dhs.gov (Chief of Staff, Department of Homeland Security)

SCOPSSCATA

CSC NCSC Follow Up1KM2TD3NC

Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman Homeland Security

From all does that i contact above all there answers to me where the same: read below

Thank you for your inquiry. The processing time for your case is delayed because required background checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these background checks, we cannot move forward on your case. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision on your case as soon as the background checks are complete .....

Hope you weren't calling/emailing since the beginning. :unsure: (squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease, sometimes it's file gets moved to the bottom of the stack ;) )

It is all speculation, no one knows exactly what was going on at USCIS with your file, I can guess as can the next guy. You sent in the wrong form, no one noticed at first, maybe that caused a delay in the background check... all guessing.

Reality - you fixed the form issue, now things should be moving along. Hopefully soon you will get you NOA2 and the fun can start! :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Hope you weren't calling/emailing since the beginning. :unsure: (squeaky wheel doesn't always get the grease, sometimes it's file gets moved to the bottom of the stack ;) )

It is all speculation, no one knows exactly what was going on at USCIS with your file, I can guess as can the next guy. You sent in the wrong form, no one noticed at first, maybe that caused a delay in the background check... all guessing.

Reality - you fixed the form issue, now things should be moving along. Hopefully soon you will get you NOA2 and the fun can start! :thumbs:

Hank no i started to contact them after 5 months...

hello everyone, I sent my I-129F petition last year Nov. 29, 2013 and still no NOA2 . i did everything by calling them and congressman getting involved and their response was they can not move forward on my case until background and security checks are completed.. (are they checking mine or my fiancee?I have no criminal records )

​on Oct 1st 2014 I received a RFE stating that i need to send them a new G-325A form coz i sent them a G-325 form, apparently that's was my mistake.. thats the only thing they ask for !!!!! so I sent them the new G325A form..

em i getting close for my NOA2???????? and i want to know why my our background and security checks took almost 1 year.. coz i been reading posts on here and most of you guys get approve in 5 to 7 months only !!!! so happy for you guys when i read your approval but sad when i think bout my fiancee coz we been waiting for so so so long...

​anyone in the same situation or in the same boat waiting for this long for NOA2??????

​on Oct 1st 2014 I received a RFE stating that i need to send them a new G-325A form coz i sent them a G-325 form, apparently that's was my mistake.. thats the only thing they ask for !!!!! so I sent them the new G325A form..

Timeline

hank yes i did, they said they cant talk about my case coz it was in pending background check.....lol..... i did everything i could but i get the same answers.... i just laugh bout it now coz im so stress n missing my fiancee so much.. we do skype everyday after i get home from work but it not the same of being together ... i even went to visit her in the Philippines the 2nd time in Oct 1 2014 ... only stayed for 12 days coz my job wont allow me to stay longer...we were so happy together i didn't want to come back to chicago...lol

i thank god the backgound check is over n my case is moving forward

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

The K1 background checks can take a more extensive period of time if the name matches someone of "interest" (I'll call them POI) in the database. If there was a flag on the name, they will want to check in on everything and make sure you're not the same person. Considering your RFE was issued October 1, 2014 and It's the beginning of November, most RFE's take a month or two until someone adjudicates the case. They likely just submitted the BG check when they received your G325A, if your name matches a POI's name the background check will take even longer. This happens with common names.

Lawyers more often than not, slow a case down significantly. There are many reasons for this, and it's typically ill advised to get a lawyer unless your case is not straight-forward (e.g. previous ban, criminal record, etc).

Edited by d3adc0d3

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Timeline

opsss .. do u have any crimnal record and u r hiding? ???

no man im clean NO RECORD...if had a record they would of sent me a denial letter ... but instead they sent me a RFE only.... and the request for evidence only said to send them a new G-325A FORM coz i sent them a G-325...Thats all they ask.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hank from all those months i was waiting i called and email USICS 3 times a month ..and also emailed n wrote a letters to the contacts below.. they gave me the same answer..so thats why my case was stuck in background check but why so long i ask them but they couldn't give me an answer. im just so glad the background check is over n they are moving forward on my case...

donald.W.neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov (Director of USCIS operation )

susan.k.arroyo@uscis.dhs.gov (Chief of Staff, Department of Homeland Security)

SCOPSSCATA

CSC NCSC Follow Up1KM2TD3NC

Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman Homeland Security

From all does that i contact above all there answers to me where the same: read below

Thank you for your inquiry. The processing time for your case is delayed because required background checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these background checks, we cannot move forward on your case. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision on your case as soon as the background checks are complete .....

Background checks.... FBI responds within a day, airlines have terrorist watch list at the counter.. This is just gov employee's over staying their breaks..

Gosh I so hope this get cleared up for you soon. A least one other poster indicates to NOT use a lawyer, however I have read n... amount of other postings whereas missing documents, wrong documents and a other issues suggests to me to use a good lawyer. I used one and even after going through the check off sheet with him, I received an RFE for "one photograph" that was checked off on the sheet. USCIS looses things all the time. They make tons of mistakes. When my congressman inquired into my case they responded with the wrong name for my fiancé...

Fact is folks USCIS is full of people doing nothing more than data entry with very few exceptions... checking forms. They could all be replaced with a good website.

More and more and more of us are just caught in limbo, a brick wall for information and no help other than a person on the phone reading to us what we can read on their website hiding behind phony timelines that they themselves develop. WRITE and complain to your congressman. If we all write and complain complain complain then as a whole we will have an impact. Don't be sheepel and do not just accept the gov employee B.S. demand service... you paid your fees, you paid your taxes, you turned in your qualifications... this is just unacceptable. Call your congressmans office and complain (2 minutes of time) do it weekly.

I hope you get this cleared up and you are with your finance soon... I get it... I feel bad as I complain after only a few months I can't even think of over a year before they tell me the wrong form was submitted. WoW.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Background checks.... FBI responds within a day, airlines have terrorist watch list at the counter.. This is just gov employee's over staying their breaks..

Gosh I so hope this get cleared up for you soon. A least one other poster indicates to NOT use a lawyer, however I have read n... amount of other postings whereas missing documents, wrong documents and a other issues suggests to me to use a good lawyer. I used one and even after going through the check off sheet with him, I received an RFE for "one photograph" that was checked off on the sheet. USCIS looses things all the time. They make tons of mistakes. When my congressman inquired into my case they responded with the wrong name for my fiancé...

Fact is folks USCIS is full of people doing nothing more than data entry with very few exceptions... checking forms. They could all be replaced with a good website.

More and more and more of us are just caught in limbo, a brick wall for information and no help other than a person on the phone reading to us what we can read on their website hiding behind phony timelines that they themselves develop. WRITE and complain to your congressman. If we all write and complain complain complain then as a whole we will have an impact. Don't be sheepel and do not just accept the gov employee B.S. demand service... you paid your fees, you paid your taxes, you turned in your qualifications... this is just unacceptable. Call your congressmans office and complain (2 minutes of time) do it weekly.

I hope you get this cleared up and you are with your finance soon... I get it... I feel bad as I complain after only a few months I can't even think of over a year before they tell me the wrong form was submitted. WoW.

I am sorry to say this is very much incorrect. Rather than stating something as fact, please specify it is opinion unless you can cite sources to support your statements. I understand how disgruntled people can get during this process, I have been there, however, providing misinformation under the guise of fact will only hurt people in the long run.

Background checks of the foreign citizen can take weeks, especially if the foreign citizen's country has yet to digitize their records. They will have to contact the country with the request, and then the records would have to be retrieved and mailed to the USCIS Service Center that requested the record. No international mail can be sent "within a day".

The workers at USCIS run through a series of checks, there is the background check, they verify the employment records of the USC, and the Tax information provided. They review the documents provided, and the evidence. All in all, once everything is in order it only takes about 15 minutes to adjudicate a case, providing that the records in the beneficiary's country are digitized. However, there are many things which can cause a case to be delayed, including background checks which match a POI. These people work through thousands of petitions a week, they are overworked, underpaid, and extremely busy people.

OP: Change the last 4 numbers up and down from your case on your receipt # on the USCIS case status checker (that's the part of the # which is based on the # of petitions in that batch), see where others stand, if they're approved, pending, etc.

Also log into your account (or create one if you haven't yet) on the USCIS case status checker, and see when your case was last "touched" (or when the last time an adjudicator was looking at your petition).

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

93% of the background checks are returned within 2 weeks (10 business days). The remaining are "positive" hits that require further review. The majority of the work is done quickly, but less than 1% end up having to dig through paper records or get the paper records from the correct agency, which can cause delay.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/name-checks/name-checks-faqs

I've seen people on here get to NOA2 in under a month, with no expedite, and I've seen people get stuck a year waiting. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the out of order experience many have expressed frustration over. If they said it was the background check holding it up, that means they are waiting for some paper records to be retrieved. If it was your fiancees name that triggered the delay, it wouldn't be denied at this stage.

The good news is that they have completed it and your RFE means as soon as you get those G-325As in, you should have your NOA2 in under a month.

Edited by Rob & Monika

2011-05-21: Matched on eharmony (clearly not in my 60 mile radius preference!)

2011-07-30: Met in Ottawa

2011-08-28: Day I knew I wanted to spend my life with her

2012-01-21: I proposed, outside in the freezing cold!

2012-02-06: Mailed out K-1 via FedEX

2012-02-10: NOA1

2012-08-01: NOA2

2012-08-17: Packet 3 received (email)

2012-09-10: Packet 3 sent

2012-09-12: Packet 4 received (email) with request for 2 photos

2012-10-29: Medical in Toronto

2012-11-06: Interview - Approved!

2013-04-05: POE Thousand Islands

2013-04-20: Wedding

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

DONT USE LAWYERS FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!! :rofl:

Comments like yours bring nothing good to the discussion and doesn't help the OP. It's a personal choice and is kind of rude of you to laugh at him and scream. Everyone is different and has different circumstances

K1 Visa

Service Center :California Service Center

I-129F Sent : 2013-09-21

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-09-26

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-11-15

NVC Received : 2014-01-04

Packet 3 Received : 2014-01-15

Packet 3 Sent : 2014-01-27

Packet 4 Received :2014-02-07

Interview Date :2014-02-18

Visa Received : 2014-02-27

US Entry : 2014-03-17

Marriage : 2014-03-18

Adjustment of Status, EAD, AP

Date Filed : 2014-04-25

NOA Date : 2014-05-02

Interview: 2014-07-09

Approval: 2014-07-09

Green Card Mailed: 2014-07-15

Green Card Received: 2014-07-18

Lifting of Conditions

Filed: 2016-04-13

NOA Date : 2016-04-21

Biometrics: 2016-05-04

RFE - 2016-11-22

Approved -2016-12-15

Card Mailed 1016-12-20

Card in hands : 2016-12-23

Timeline

93% of the background checks are returned within 2 weeks (10 business days). The remaining are "positive" hits that require further review. The majority of the work is done quickly, but less than 1% end up having to dig through paper records or get the paper records from the correct agency, which can cause delay.

http://www.fbi.gov/stats-services/name-checks/name-checks-faqs

I've seen people on here get to NOA2 in under a month, with no expedite, and I've seen people get stuck a year waiting. There seems to be no rhyme or reason to the out of order experience many have expressed frustration over. If they said it was the background check holding it up, that means they are waiting for some paper records to be retrieved. If it was your fiancees name that triggered the delay, it wouldn't be denied at this stage.

The good news is that they have completed it and your RFE means as soon as you get those G-325As in, you should have your NOA2 in under a month.

^^^^ YES !!!! Im just glad RFE IS done.. i have been patient long time and im glad i didnt lash out to USCIS call center or send any nasty emails to them.

went to visit my fiancee to ease the pain from being apart for so long ..but saying good bye at the airport for the 2nd was the worst feel. i felt so sad leaving her behind again

​on Oct 1st 2014 I received a RFE stating that i need to need them a new G-325A form coz i sent them a G-325 form, apparently that's was my mistake.. thats the only thing they ask for !!!!! so I sent them the new G325A form..

Talk to a supervisor. Since you've been waiting for a very long time - way beyond the normal processing time, it's best to talk to someone who is in charge and hear it from them directly.

What is impossible with men is possible with God - Luke 18:27

Spoiler

Our Timeline

February 27, 2017 Biometrics Appointment

February 17, 2017 Received NOA2 - ASC Appointment Letter

February 9, 2017 Received NOA1

February 7, 2017 I-751 check payment has been cashed

January 31, 2017 Mailed I-751 packet

March 21, 2015 Received green card in mail - Thank You, Lord.

March 16, 2015 Received Welcome Letter in mail

March 10, 2015 Text message and email received: Green card is in production - did not receive any interview waiver letter and no interview.

December 19, 2014 EAD card received

December 18, 2014 Email update: EAD card is mailed

December 11, 2014 Received email: EAD card in producion

December 2, 2014 Biometrics appointment

November 22, 2014 Received biometrics appointment for AOS and EAD

September 30, 2014 Received NOA1 (I-797C) for AOS and EAD

September 26, 2014 Email and text AOS acceptance notification received (around midnight)

September 19, 2014 AOS and EAD sent

September 11, 2014 Received Social Security Card

September 10, 2014 Civil Surgeon

September 4, 2014 Name change on Social Security Number

August 23, 2014 Wedding Day!

August 8, 2014 Applied for Social Security Number; got marriage license

July 25, 2014 Port of Entry: Chicago

May 16, 2014 CFO seminar

May 13, 2014 Visa on hand

May 5, 2014 Interview: approved

March 13, 2014 Medical exam - third day (went back to St. Lukes for Tdap vaccine)

February 24, 2014 Appointment letter received

February 14, 2014 Medical exam - second day (vaccine day)

February 13, 2014 Medical exam - first day

January 29, 2014 Case received by consulate

January 9, 2014 Case left NVC

December 13, 2013 NOA2

October 18, 2013 NOA1

October 14, 2013 I-129F sent

July 19, 2013 Got engaged!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.