ziggy1977

GOING ON 12 MONTHS AND STILL NO NOA2

35 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello everyone, I sent my I-129F petition last year Nov. 29, 2013 and still no NOA2 . i did everything by calling them and congressman getting involved and their response was they can not move forward on my case until background and security checks are completed.. (are they checking mine or my fiancee?I have no criminal records )

​on Oct 1st 2014 I received a RFE stating that i need to need them a new G-325A form coz i sent them a G-325 form, apparently that's was my mistake.. thats the only thing they ask for !!!!! so I sent them the new G325A form..

em i getting close for my NOA2???????? and i want to know why my our background and security checks took almost 1 year.. coz i been reading posts on here and most of you guys get approve in 5 to 7 months only !!!! so happy for you guys when i read your approval but sad when i think bout my fiancee coz we been waiting for so so so long...

​anyone in the same situation or in the same boat waiting for this long for NOA2??????

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

These folks at USCIS are little more than glorified data entry, they could be replaced by a postal clerk or a smart website. Background checks, that would be on you.

The hold up is that they are gov workers who could truly care less...

I would encourage you to write write write write your congressman(woman), senator, president and let them know as a taxpayer this is crazy. Keeping families apart is un-American.

The more of us (and our families and friends) that will raise a voice the better the chance we can get this crazy system changed....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

That is a terribly long time to wait! Where is the beneficiary from? They say you can contact USCIS after 5 months because you are out of the normal processing time. Have you tried? That is ridiculous. I would do what the person above stated. Contact your congress person and see if they can help you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the K-1 Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

That is a terribly long time to wait! Where is the beneficiary from? They say you can contact USCIS after 5 months because you are out of the normal processing time. Have you tried? That is ridiculous. I would do what the person above stated. Contact your congress person and see if they can help you.

Timeline

hello everyone, I sent my I-129F petition last year Nov. 29, 2013 and still no NOA2 . i did everything by calling them and congressman getting involved and their response was they can not move forward on my case until background and security checks are completed.. (are they checking mine or my fiancee?I have no criminal records )

​on Oct 1st 2014 I received a RFE stating that i need to need them a new G-325A form coz i sent them a G-325 form, apparently that's was my mistake.. thats the only thing they ask for !!!!! so I sent them the new G325A form..

em i getting close for my NOA2???????? and i want to know why my our background and security checks took almost 1 year.. coz i been reading posts on here and most of you guys get approve in 5 to 7 months only !!!! so happy for you guys when i read your approval but sad when i think bout my fiancee coz we been waiting for so so so long...

​anyone in the same situation or in the same boat waiting for this long for NOA2??????

Almost a year and no action until Oct 1st...? I would say someone dropped the ball, lost your file, or fell asleep at the wheel. Yikes! Background check? Ya they do them, but it doesn't take a year unless you were "someone of special interest", I will stay with ... they misplaced your file, then after your congressman contacted them they when :oops: found your file THEN noticed the wrong form.

Couple more weeks of being patient, if no NOA2 I would give a call again.

Once you have your NOA2 and your case files heads to NVC is when things get to be fun. For details on the K-1 process for the Philippines follow the flashing arrow below.

Pop over to the Philippines forum as get acquainted: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Melow I tried everything from asking the congressman for help, also emailing the head director of USCIS, etc.....I did everything u can imagine ...but SAME answers everyone give me, they can move forward till background check is pending n once is complete they can move forward in the process....... I'm just glad my moving forward

Timeline

Almost a year and no action until Oct 1st...? I would say someone dropped the ball, lost your file, or fell asleep at the wheel. Yikes! Background check? Ya they do them, but it doesn't take a year unless you were "someone of special interest", I will stay with ... they misplaced your file, then after your congressman contacted them they when :oops: found your file THEN noticed the wrong form.

Couple more weeks of being patient, if no NOA2 I would give a call again.

Once you have your NOA2 and your case files heads to NVC is when things get to be fun. For details on the K-1 process for the Philippines follow the flashing arrow below.

Pop over to the Philippines forum as get acquainted: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Hank I was divorce 3 yrs ago...I think that why my background took so long??? What do u think??? Edited by ziggy1977

Timeline

Hank I was divorce 3 yrs ago...I think that why my background took so long??? What do u think???

Serious doubt it has anything to do with you getting a divorce, if that were the case over 50% of the folks filing petitions would be waiting a year for approval ... I will stick with the folks at USCIS did an :oops:

You included a complete copy of your divorce decree with the petition?

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Serious doubt it has anything to do with you getting a divorce, if that were the case over 50% of the folks filing petitions would be waiting a year for approval ... I will stick with the folks at USCIS did an :oops:

You included a complete copy of your divorce decree with the petition?

Yes of course I did...my lawyer prepared my petition..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Yes of course I did...my lawyer prepared my petition..

DONT USE LAWYERS FOR CHRIST SAKE!!!! :rofl:

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Congo DR
Timeline

Its much more better if you send it yourself without any lawyer just an advice.

I-129F sent:06/06/2014

Package Accepted:06/09/2014

NOA1(EMail & Text):06/12/2014

Hardcopy Received(Mail):06/14/2014

Service Request Submitted:10/30/2014

Alien Registration number changed:11/04/2014

NOA2(Email&Text):12/29/2014

NOA2(Hardcopy Received):12/26/2014

NVC Arrived:1/06/2015

NVC Left:1/21/2015

Sent to the Embassy:1/22/2015

Embassy Received:1/26/2015

Medical Date:01/30/2015

Interview Date :02/18/2015

Visa in Hand:3/11/2015

Marriage Date :04/06/215

event.png

event.png

Timeline

You included a complete copy of your divorce decree with the petition...

Hank from all those months i was waiting i called and email USICS 3 times a month ..and also emailed n wrote a letters to the contacts below.. they gave me the same answer..so thats why my case was stuck in background check but why so long i ask them but they couldn't give me an answer. im just so glad the background check is over n they are moving forward on my case...

donald.W.neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov (Director of USCIS operation )

susan.k.arroyo@uscis.dhs.gov (Chief of Staff, Department of Homeland Security)

SCOPSSCATA

CSC NCSC Follow Up1KM2TD3NC

Office of the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman Homeland Security

From all does that i contact above all there answers to me where the same: read below

Thank you for your inquiry. The processing time for your case is delayed because required background checks remain pending. Until we receive the results of these background checks, we cannot move forward on your case. Please be assured that we will make every effort to make a decision on your case as soon as the background checks are complete .....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.