Cardinal6669

Do they want to know exactly how you met on facebook?

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

OP, I don't think you'll have any problem. In our case it was unusual that we met at all. But it's certainly not unusual to meet someone from Australia!

Also, they just wanted to know how we met through facebook. I think it's perfectly legitimate to say that you were just randomly adding people. I've done the same thing. A lot of people have done that. I think they'd be perfectly fine with that answer. They want the truth. And the truth makes sense in your case, so just tell them the truth if they ask. However, I doubt very much that they'll ask.

Thanks Jon York, glad you guys got approved :)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Well yeah, not high fraud as Nigeria. Argentina and Uruguay was once in the Visa Waiver Program but they got kicked out.

"Eligibility for the visa waiver may be withdrawn at any time. Usually this may happen if the United States feels that citizens of a certain country are more likely than before to violate their VWP restrictions, such as working without a permit or overstaying their allowed period of stay in the United States. Accordingly, Argentina's participation in the VWP was terminated in 2002 in light of the financial crisis taking place in that country and its potential effect on mass emigration and unlawful overstay of its citizens in the United States by way of the VWP. Uruguay's participation in the program was revoked in 2003 for similar reasons. "

So how is Argentina not high fraud? I am sure the US didn't withdraw the eligibility for the visa waiver for no reason.

Very simple, the rate of immigration and visitor visa requests coming from Argentina are a fraction of their total population. Argentineians make up 0.5% of the total U.S. Hispanic population, according to 2011 statistics. Just because a country has the potential to be a HF country does not make it so. Argentina was removed because of a potential that they could be, not because of a history of it. A "high-fraud" country is not a country which has the potential to be high fraud, when it comes to apply for an immigration visa (or basically all countries would be high fraud), but those countries which have a known history of it.

Most Argentinians are very proud of their country and have no desire to live elsewhere. They are passionate about this, and most will not leave their country unless it is for work or a spouse.

Besides the immigration phenomena, in the late 90s a new, large group of Argentineans left the country towards, preferentially, North America and Europe, integrated by middle class members and highly skilled people who emigrated to the United States, Spain, Italy, Israel, Brazil, Chile, Canada and Australia, on account of the lack of opportunities and the absence of satisfactory conditions of living. The number of emigrants increased quickly as a consequence of the contraction of Argentina's labour market and the rise in unemployment, underemployment and poverty. In addition to this segment, stimulated by the 2001-2002 economic and social crises, there is evidence of return migration to bordering countries and Peru. As time went by and Argentine economy recovered, the emigration of nationals decreased and the return process of Argentine citizens living abroad grew. At present, the number of Argentineans living overseas is 806,369 people of a population of 41.4 million. That is a mere fraction of their population, hardly what would be a concern for "immigration fraud".

[source]

With middle class and highly skilled workers being the primary group who immigrated to other countries, it is very much unlikely that they would have the need to immigrate illegally. An illegal immigrant with the qualifications of those who immigrated would be unable to find work for the skillset as an illegal immigrant. This would be counter productive to their need to leave Argentina where they would qualify for assistance if they can not find work, versus the US where they would end up essentially penniless. In addition when the economy bounced back, many of those Argentinians moved back. College is free in Argentina, it's not uncommon to see an Argentinian with a PhD or a Master's degree, more than enough to qualify for a work sponsored visa, or an H1B.

Edited by d3adc0d3

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Timeline

Whats ur take on Nepal? Is it listed as high fraud country?? Any idea

There's no "official list", the US Government keeps track of where the most visa frauds come through, based on those who get "caught" it's an imperfect system, and it fluctuates based on each countries status. Sometimes the economy drives people to commit said fraud, sometimes it's war, other times it's political unrest. The history in and of itself is where it determines this. I haven't heard much from Nepal but I do believe that most people get heat in these countries (in no specific order):

• Philippines
  • Iraq
  • Afghanistan
  • Iran
  • Kenya
  • Mexico
  • Brazil
  • Columbia
  • China (some provinces, not all of China)
  • El Salvador
  • Dominican Republic
  • Ecuador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Nicaragua
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Russia
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • Nigeria
  • Egypt
  • Ethiopia
  • Ghana
  • Sudan
  • Niger
  • Vietnam
  • Pakistan

I'm sure there are more that I missed, this is by far, not a complete list and I may have some on here who are not high risk.

Typically it's most central and south american countries (those on the list are known as the worst), most African countries, most middle-eastern countries, & some pacific islander countries. None on the VWP are known for it, but there are countries not on the VWP which immigration is not a complicated process.

Edited by d3adc0d3

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Thank you for replying me. After reading the interview from hell, i m scared. Thats all and i know we will be fine coz there aint anything to hide but then you know when u have ur wife smile on stake then u have no choice then to be stressed and worried and be cautious.

Timeline

Thank you for replying me. After reading the interview from hell, i m scared. Thats all and i know we will be fine coz there aint anything to hide but then you know when u have ur wife smile on stake then u have no choice then to be stressed and worried and be cautious.

Read up on your consulate/embassy reviews and post in the regional sub-forums to see if anyone has any experience or advice to offer. I can't help you much when it comes to the interview stage because we did not interview in Nepal. If you were from Argentina, I could help more. :P

My recommendation to everyone is this:

If the USC can be present for the interview he or she should be there. The embassy/consulate may or may not allow the USC to be in the room for the interview, but their presence in the country will be known, and it will make a positive impact.

Edited by d3adc0d3

Useful Links:

Filed: Timeline

There's no "official list", the US Government keeps track of where the most visa frauds come through, based on those who get "caught" it's an imperfect system, and it fluctuates based on each countries status. Sometimes the economy drives people to commit said fraud, sometimes it's war, other times it's political unrest. The history in and of itself is where it determines this.

[*]Indonesia

Typically it's most central and south american countries (those on the list are known as the worst), most African countries, most middle-eastern countries, & some pacific islander countries. None on the VWP are known for it, but there are countries not on the VWP which immigration is not a complicated process.

I don't know where you get this lists, but INDONESIA is one of the easy consulate to deal with. Dealing with the consulate in Indonesia is not complicated as long as couples meet the requirements they ask.

Edited by LmmL

Timeline

I don't know where you get this lists, but INDONESIA is one of the easy consulate to deal with. Dealing with the consulate in Indonesia is not complicated as long as couples meet the requirements they ask.

Obviously you didn't read my whole post. Please refer to the highlighted sections below.

There's no "official list", the US Government keeps track of where the most visa frauds come through, based on those who get "caught" it's an imperfect system, and it fluctuates based on each countries status. Sometimes the economy drives people to commit said fraud, sometimes it's war, other times it's political unrest. The history in and of itself is where it determines this. I haven't heard much from Nepal but I do believe that most people get heat in these countries (in no specific order):

• Philippines
  • Iraq
  • Afghanistan
  • Iran
  • Kenya
  • Mexico
  • Brazil
  • Columbia
  • China (some provinces, not all of China)
  • El Salvador
  • Dominican Republic
  • Ecuador
  • Guatemala
  • Honduras
  • Nicaragua
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Russia
  • Turkey
  • Ukraine
  • Nigeria
  • Egypt
  • Ethiopia
  • Ghana
  • Sudan
  • Niger
  • Vietnam
  • Pakistan

I'm sure there are more that I missed, this is by far, not a complete list and I may have some on here who are not high risk.

Edited by d3adc0d3

Useful Links:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.