Ssmakkd

Wait time after the checklist for AOS

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I received AOS checklist and was just wondering how many days does it take for them to review? As per their mail, it states 60 days to review. When is this time going to decrease? Waiting everyday for the first review of AOS & IV documents and now waiting everyday for the AOS checklist review..........feel tired.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I received AOS checklist and was just wondering how many days does it take for them to review? As per their mail, it states 60 days to review. When is this time going to decrease? Waiting everyday for the first review of AOS & IV documents and now waiting everyday for the AOS checklist review..........feel tired.....

Im here waiting on.the same thing as you.. im at 45 days and im worried I might get another checklist so that is 60 more days. This is killing me slowly.

Timeline

I'm waiting on the same thing as well. I was thinking they might review it sooner given the fact that we already waited for more than 60 days to get AOS reviewed the first time. I was told, they will take 60 days to review IV docs but did the review in just 20 days. I'm expecting the same for AOS checklist review Hopefully.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cuba
Timeline

I'm in the same boat... AOS checklist on 9/30 after waiting 55 days to get package review. according to rep at nvc Iv was fine but AOS had two error that was missed by my attorney. she fixed it and resend it with the new scan date of 10/3 so far 35 days into this horrible wait.... :( and nvc still working on doc from 9/11 and 9/12 so still got a couple off weeks ahead of me...

Timeline

I'm in the same boat... AOS checklist on 9/30 after waiting 55 days to get package review. according to rep at nvc Iv was fine but AOS had two error that was missed by my attorney. she fixed it and resend it with the new scan date of 10/3 so far 35 days into this horrible wait.... :( and nvc still working on doc from 9/11 and 9/12 so still got a couple off weeks ahead of me...

how do you know that NVC is still working on doc from 9/11 and 9/12/?

Timeline

how do you know that NVC is still working on doc from 9/11 and 9/12/?

the Nov forum is the best way to know which date is currently nvc is giving cc or checklist :( as off yesterday few people got cc with last scan dates off 9/11 and 9/12..... is been pretty accurate so far and I been following the forum since August..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520888-nvc-filers-november-2014/page-8

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I'd received a checklist to submit Passport police certificate in September which I had mailed on November 6th. It was scanned on November 12th. I did receive 60 days review email. Does anyone know how long they will take for cc and schedule interview. Thanks!!

Timeline

I'd received a checklist to submit Passport police certificate in September which I had mailed on November 6th. It was scanned on November 12th. I did receive 60 days review email. Does anyone know how long they will take for cc and schedule interview. Thanks!!

NVC is currently taking up to 60 days to review check list and get a cc, I'm also waiting on a checklist to get review with a scan date of 10/3 this is my 43rd day and counting :( most of everyone is hearing something between 50 and 55 days and about the interview usually depends on how busy the embassy is but most likely will be a month in half or two after cc.. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Is there anybody can help?

i have got my case number 2 months ago and i am keep tracking my application status on NVC website (https://ceac.state.gov). it is just saying that my case is at NVC "AT NVC" . Is there any other way to track the application ? ? please help me out ... thanks in advance

Timeline

Is there anybody can help?

i have got my case number 2 months ago and i am keep tracking my application status on NVC website (https://ceac.state.gov). it is just saying that my case is at NVC "AT NVC" . Is there any other way to track the application ? ? please help me out ... thanks in advance

Do you have your IIN #?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

When you have a checklist, call the NVC to make sure you will answer correctly to their request. The papers they sent can be difficult to understand.

--Stupid

Click here for my Timeline Details

IR-1 Visa, filling from abroad (embassy: Paris, France), dates formats mm/dd/yyyy
08/19/2013 I-130 NOA1
10/05/2013 Alien# notification
02/13/2014 I-130 transferred to CSC
02/27/2014 I-130 NOA2
04/09/2014 -- NVC received + case number assigned
04/11/2014 -- Completed DS-261 online
04/14/2014 -- I-864(AOS) Bill Generated and paid
04/17/2014 -- DS-261 accepted
04/20/2014 -- IV bill invoiced and paid
07/08/2014 -- DS-260 completed online
07/14/2014 -- Sent I-864(AOS) Package
08/04/2014 -- NVC scan date (email)
08/21/2014 -- Checklist for AOS (missing 2013 tax info and missing IV civil docs)
08/22/2014 -- IV civil docs sent
09/08/2014 -- NVC scan date (email)
09/04/2014 -- AOS documents sent again !
09/11/2014 -- Checklist for civil docs (US marriage certificate wanted vs. FR one sent)
09/12/2014 -- US marriage certificate sent
09/17/2014 -- NVC scan date (email)
11/28/2014 -- Case Complete
01/05/2015 -- Medical
01/06/2015 -- Interview
01/13/2015 -- Visa in Hand
04/28/2015 -- POE

Hey guys!

Just read OP asking about the 60 days and checklists...I have just got off the phone to the NVC to find out we have 'Case Complete' at last! So, just to let you know that was on day 51 of the 60 advised (they got our checklist items on 24 Sep). Our initial packet took 58 days to review before we were asked for these checklist items. Total time: 114 days from date of receipt of first packet (includes time between initial review and us sending checklist items).

Some (relatively!) good news on the checklist: NVC will not initiate a second checklist - in other words you can only have a maximum of 2 lots of 60 days maximum waiting for review. If any other documents are found to be incorrect/missing etc at that stage they will ask that they are brought to the interview at the Embassy.

Hope this helps! Hang in there!...

Timeline

Hey guys!

Just read OP asking about the 60 days and checklists...I have just got off the phone to the NVC to find out we have 'Case Complete' at last! So, just to let you know that was on day 51 of the 60 advised (they got our checklist items on 24 Sep). Our initial packet took 58 days to review before we were asked for these checklist items. Total time: 114 days from date of receipt of first packet (includes time between initial review and us sending checklist items).

Some (relatively!) good news on the checklist: NVC will not initiate a second checklist - in other words you can only have a maximum of 2 lots of 60 days maximum waiting for review. If any other documents are found to be incorrect/missing etc at that stage they will ask that they are brought to the interview at the Embassy.

Hope this helps! Hang in there!...

Awesome news and congrats!! I was worry about another checklist :( waiting on one now to be review with a scan date of 10/3 at least they are getting close.. Thanks for the info :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.