tinaparin

Pls help to bring my adopted child here in US

28 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Requirements for adoption and requirements for immigrating an adopted person are different.

OP seems to have supplied the requirements for adopting the child.

Others have provided the 2yr custody/residency requirement for a US immigrant visa.

OP needs to understand that these are two different and distinct requirements that she will need to meet separately.

I have a friend who brought her adoptive daughter here with no problem. As long as u get the legal adoption done in Philippines then u can Bring her here . I just got done wth my hubby adopting my 2 kids. The adoption was just finalized last week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Ohhh dear

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

I have a friend who brought her adoptive daughter here with no problem. As long as u get the legal adoption done in Philippines then u can Bring her here . I just got done wth my hubby adopting my 2 kids. The adoption was just finalized last week.

Not true. You are clearly not familiar with the different procedures.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Just because you adopted a child does not mean that the child can immigrate to the US. It sounds like the child doesn't qualify for an orphan adoption and doesn't qualify as a child how was adopted through an approved agency so if lawyers have failed so far I doubt you will be able to bring the child here.

Child not legally adopted in the PI, yet,

OP's diatribe about '6 years' is useless, as far as USCIS is concerned, she missed the USCIS guidelines as well

I hope someone can set her straight about it,

as

6 years with the wrong info is a very painful existence.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Hi Boiler, thank u for asking me to read the info in USCIS, it somehow give some clear vision that I can still bring my daughter here without leaving the country but I think its not that easy but still at least I am eligible, here is what I read:

Residency Requirements: U.S. citizens interested in adopting a Filipino child while they are living in The Philippines must be residents of The Philippines for at least three years prior to the filing of the adoption petition, maintain such residence until the adoption is finalized, and posses a certificate of legal capacity to adopt issued by the appropriate agency from the state of residence. Prospective adoptive parents who meet these requirements should file a petition for adoption with the Philippines Court to begin the adoption process.

U.S. citizens not meeting these residency requirements will have to adopt through the Inter-Country Adoption Board procedures.

The Philippines Government may waive these requirements if the prospective adoptive parent is a former Filipino citizen who seeks to adopt a relative within the fourth degree of consanguinity as defined by Philippines law, or the prospective adoptive parent is a person who seeks to adopt the legitimate child of his/her Filipino spouse.

Age Requirements: There is no age limit for married prospective adoptive parents. Single prospective adoptive parents must be at least 24 years old at the time of filing the adoption petition.

Sounds like, reads like, you've got an 'in'.

After reading what you copied/pasted, what were your thoughts?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi novedsac,

Thank you so much for that clearer info, as i've read all the details in usembassy manila website, it seems like I have to prepare myself to leave US for 2yrs or so which i guess will be the hardest part of this process for me.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi novedsac,

Thank you so much for that clearer info, as i've read all the details in usembassy manila website, it seems like I have to prepare myself to leave US for 2yrs or so which i guess will be the hardest part of this process for me.

An then there is still no gurantee, that the visa would be granted. You will have to prepare for that.

It's amazing how many questions can be resolved with a 2 minute Google search...

Timeline

Hi novedsac,

really?

PI Gov says you can adopt and not live there.

do you understand what you've pasted in your topic?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Guys,

As Novedsac already mentioned that these are two different requirements that I need to accomplish.

1. The ph gov may waive the recidency upon adopting the child if I you are a former filipino citizen and If you are adopting a relative.

2. In order for the child to immigrate the adoptive parents should reside to ph for 2yrs.

This what i read and understand in the usembassy in manila website.

Pls correct me if im wrong. Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.