Khswaby14

Fiance Packet #1 HELP! Lots of questions

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My fiance, who is in Jamaica, just recieved a packet from the embassy in Kingston. It had all of the information about the DS 160, his medical exam, the application for it, affidavit of support, etc. We have run into a few issues:

1) He is deaf and has a very hard time reading. There is a friend of his who is going to try to help, but there is only so much I can understand over the phone

2) My harddrive with all of my copies of our documents crashed and I am not sure my IT dept can save all of it. I know, I should have backed it up or printed it on paper, but I never could afford to buy something big enough to back up all of my info and my copier has been broken for a long time.

So here are my questions:

1) How many fees are in this part. I know there is a fee for the DS 160. Are there any other fees that must be paid with the other applications? What do I do if I don't have the money for it right now?

2) What do I do if I lost my copies of the biographical information? Can I call and explain things to NVC?

3) Can someone give me a basic explanation of how things go through this part of the process. I am so overwhelmed and it would help to have someone kind of lay out a to do list for me.

Thanks!

Timeline

Also, I have not recieved any word from NVC. No emails, no letters. How can I proceed if I have not had any confirmation that the NVC has our paperwork? I can't do anything without the case number, and I haven't gotten that yet. Should I call to see if they recieved it?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You will not get anything from NVC. You can call them and get your KNG number. If he received packet 3, then Kingston received his file from NVC.

There are fees for visa, medical exam, police cert, and cert of non impediment. Also, he needs the new certified birth certificate.

Your NOA2 is good for 4 months, it has the date on your letter. If you need to save some money, you have a couple of months.

What copies??? For what???

Edited by Pinkrlion

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Timeline

Do you know how much those fees will be? How do I know my case number? In the packet, it said we will need to send copies of the biographical information and the I-29F petition from the original petition packet.

Timeline

You call NVC for KNG number (case number)

Not sure about that, here is the checklist someone else posted.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520431-packet-3-check-list-as-of-october-10-2014-for-jamaica/

Visa fee -265.00

Medical -25,000 JMD

Police cert - 3000 JMD

Non-impediment - 3000 JMD

O yeah additional passport pictures

It has always been a recommendation to give fiance a copy of what u sent to USCIS.

Edited by Pinkrlion

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I just wanted to let you know that you dont have to pay the visa fee at the time he fills out the DS 160. They need you to wait to pay the fee in person on the day of interview

But make sure he gets a copy of the confirmation receipt and emails the confirmation number and copy of his passport to the proper email address

Timeline

The phone number to NVC is 1-603-334-0700. Call first thing in the morning...7am. I did receive a letter from NVC with my case number and all the information on it. However, if the embassy already has your case then I don't know how much NVC will be able to tell you. Its a start though. You can also check the K1 guide here on VJ to give you an idea of what he will need for the interview.

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Best of Luck!

Timeline

You call NVC for KNG number (case number)

Not sure about that, here is the checklist someone else posted.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/520431-packet-3-check-list-as-of-october-10-2014-for-jamaica/

Visa fee -265.00

Medical -25,000 JMD

Police cert - 3000 JMD

Non-impediment - 3000 JMD

O yeah additional passport pictures

It has always been a recommendation to give fiance a copy of what u sent to USCIS.

My fiance just applied for the non inpediment it was $7500 JA + $1000 if you want to expedite.

You can check the RDG website here

http://www.rgd.gov.jm/products-and-service/prices

Edited by LionessDeon

Timeline

Check stubs, tax transcript for past two years, W-2's to match. Also, Another letter of intent to marry within 90 days, and more pictures of you as a couple.

Timeline

Ok. Thanks! I was able to get my case number this morning. The medical exam fee is payed at the time of his Dr. appt, right? Just trying to plan out my finances and all that good stuff.

Timeline

Ok. Thanks! I was able to get my case number this morning. The medical exam fee is payed at the time of his Dr. appt, right? Just trying to plan out my finances and all that good stuff.

Glad you got your case number, yes he doesn't have to pay until his appointment, and that will most likely be $250 and make sure you schedule early enough, because it takes about two weeks to receive it and he has to go back to Kingston or MO Bay to pick it up.

ROC Timeline
Service Center: Vermont
90 Day Window Opened... 05/09/2017
I-751 Packet Sent.............  08/09/2017
NO1 Dated......................... 08/11/2017

Check Cashed............... 08/13/2017
NO1 Received.................... 08/14/2017
Biometrics Received.........  09/12/2017
Biometrics Appointment..  .09/19/2017  (Walked in early (09-11-2017) no problem!!)
Approved............................xx/xx/xx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.