Murican

a decision has not been made on your application (after N400 interview)

92 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Congratulations Murican, glad it worked out for you. Phew, you must be so relieved.

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Worried_Joe, I hope everything works out for you as well.

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 N-400 submitted online

{Day 0}     11/16/2017 NOA mailed

{Day 02}   11/18/2017 Biometrics apt scheduled

{Day 20}   12/06/2017 Biometrics done

{Day 202} 06/06/2018 Interview Scheduled

{Day 207} 06/11/2018 Interview Letter received

{Day 238} 07/12/2018 Interview Day - Approved

{Day 242} 07/16/2018 Oath Scheduled

{Day 266} 08/09/2018 Oath Ceremony - I am a US Citizen!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Singapore
Timeline

OMG that is so good for you! Did they call anyone else beside your wife?

Yup, I guess that is the norm now, like I said earlier in the thread they called my ex-wife too and after half an hour on the phone, the I/O said he was convinced. a couple of weeks later...

I got my oath ceremony notice mailed to me and I'm scheduled to have my oath ceremony next month.

Call anyone else? Not that I know of.

They probably went to your ex wife maybe cos the number u provided for her didn't go through?!

Congratulations Murican, glad it worked out for you. Phew, you must be so relieved.

Relieved is an understatement :)

Timeline

Hmmm Murican you know what? I did not provide them with a number to call and that is why they went to the address provided. My lawyer said Oh... don't give them any numbers to call if they never ask or request. I think it is good that they visited her personally and she explained to them in details.

How many weeks exactly did it takes ? By mail? Did you sign for for automatic update from the USCIS website? Did they update that as well? I am heading for the info pass appointment that I made last week.

Call anyone else? Not that I know of.
They probably went to your ex wife maybe cos the number u provided for her didn't go through?!

Relieved is an understatement :)

Filed: Timeline

So for Murican and Worried_joel they went to ex spouses. I am not sure if this is becoming the trend. If it is, I am very concerned. Because my ex would falsely say I tricked them just to get me into trouble. I had a nasty divorce. Should I worry? They have given me good faith marriage waiver and a permanent green card. If my ex says falsely that I ticked them will uscis deport me just because of that after giving me perm gc? Thanks

So for Murican and Worried_joel they went to ex spouses. I am not sure if this is becoming the trend. If it is, I am very concerned. Because my ex would falsely say I tricked them just to get me into trouble. I had a nasty divorce. Should I worry? They have given me good faith marriage waiver and a permanent green card. If my ex says falsely that I ticked them will uscis deport me just because of that after giving me perm gc? Thanks

Since you got a marriage waiver, I don't think they would go back to your ex.

But then again they are doing things they haven't done before so...

If you ask me, I think you should make peace with your ex wife.

Hmmm Murican you know what? I did not provide them with a number to call and that is why they went to the address provided. My lawyer said Oh... don't give them any numbers to call if they never ask or request. I think it is good that they visited her personally and she explained to them in details.

How many weeks exactly did it takes ? By mail? Did you sign for for automatic update from the USCIS website? Did they update that as well? I am heading for the info pass appointment that I made last week.

I don't think you need to schedule an infoPass.

If they went to you ex wife then they are working on your application.

I say give them 3weeks (that's how long it took after they called my ex wife for me to get the mail)

They also told my ex-wife they were happy with here response and they would go ahead and approve the application.

So I guess you might want to ask her if the I/O gave her any hint on the decision he was going to make based on her answers.

But yea, I would say wait a few weeks (3-4weeks)

Filed: IR-5 Country: Australia
Timeline

Since you got a marriage waiver, I don't think they would go back to your ex.

But then again they are doing things they haven't done before so...

If you ask me, I think you should make peace with your ex wife.

If you make peace, do it so you have peace in your life - mind/body/spirit..

Just don't make peace just because you want you ex to be truthful instead of lie.. You def don't want to have your ex holding something like this over your head! Coz you know she/he would do something just out of spite...

J.shep40 sorry to hear about the nasty divorce.... I went thru a divorce also, tho different situation... Not nasty but have no idea where the ex is.... it all happened after ROC. My USC hubby (now ex-hubby) cheated. He denied everything of course... Long story short I moved on with my life for the better, he moved on for the worse apparently, he didn't want anyone to know why we split and started telling everyone I did it for the papers... Blah blah blah. ... He disappeared to somewhere, living under the grid, not even submitting taxes (nothing!), had to get my divorce thru publication as not even a PI could find him... And at this point, I think that unless USCIS have a psychic they will be hard pressed to find him if they need him.. But hopefully there is no need for that anyways!!

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

05/17/11... I-751 packet mailed to VSC... 05/18/11... I-751 packet received... 05/24/11... Check cashed... 05/26/11... NOA1 received (receipt date 05/19/11)... 06/25/11... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for 07/20)... 06/28/11... Early Walk-In for Biometrics (Durham NC)... 12/30/11... I-751 Petition Approved (called USCIS on 01/04 and was advised of approval)... 01/05/12... Card Production Ordered... 01/05/12... Approval Letter received... 01/XX/12... GC received in the mail... 04/08/14... 

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

05/09/14... Eligible to apply for Naturalization based on the 5-year rule...10/08/14... N-400 packet sent via UPS to Texas (finally!)...10/10/14... N-400 packet received...10/16/14... Check cashed...10/20/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)...10/31/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for 11/12/14)...11/12/14... Biometrics completed (Tampa FL)...11/13/14... Received yellow letter today (Dated 11/07/14)...11/14/14... In line for interview (e-notifications received at 12.36pm)...12/24/14... Interview scheduled (e-notifications received)...01/02/15... Interview letter received (Interview set for 02/03/15)...02/03/15... Interview completed Successfully!...02/11/15... In line for Oath! (e-notifications received at 7.00pm)...02/12/15... Oath scheduled & letter sent (e-notifications received at 1.30pm)...02/17/15... Oath letter received (Oath set for 02/23/15)...02/23/15... Oath Ceremony at 1pm in the Tampa Field Office... I'm officially a US Citizen!!

I-130 FOR MY PARENTS TIMELINE

11/14/16... I-130 packet for my parents sent via UPS to Phoenix

11/15/16... I-130 packet received (Priority Date)

11/18/16... Checks cashed, received emails and text messages at 5:22pm, cases routed to Texas Service Center

02/22/17... NOA2 for Mom received (Notice Date 02/15/17)

02/28/17... NOA2 for Dad received (Notice Date 02/17/17)

03/01/17... Status online shows application sent to NVC 

03/17/17... Received emails from NVC for next steps!

03/21/17... Went online to Choose an Agent

03/28/17... Received emails from NVC confirming Agent selection and to proceed with the next step (paying fees!)

04/05/17... Paid the $120 Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee online today (Also eligible to pay the $325 Fee but will wait before doing so...)

April-August... Took a break from the process in order to move back from USVI to mainland USA.

08/07/17... Paid the IV Fees for both my parents ($325 each) today

08/23/17... Called NVC because payment still showing "In Process", was advised to email proof of payment to have them manually correct it

08/24/17... CEAC website shows "Paid" and can now have parents' DS-260 forms filled in.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

UGH what a nightmare Deidre... I am so sorry! And also for everyone else, I hope you will get positive News soon. It is almost ticking me off, when people claim you just married for papers. Most of us come from Countries where we had a very very good life and for most of us I am sure it was extremely hard to leave everything behind. But we did it because we deeply fell in love with someone.

Now for the few that just came here for papers.... Thats a different story of course.....

If you make peace, do it so you have peace in your life - mind/body/spirit..
Just don't make peace just because you want you ex to be truthful instead of lie.. You def don't want to have your ex holding something like this over your head! Coz you know she/he would do something just out of spite...

J.shep40 sorry to hear about the nasty divorce.... I went thru a divorce also, tho different situation... Not nasty but have no idea where the ex is.... it all happened after ROC. My USC hubby (now ex-hubby) cheated. He denied everything of course... Long story short I moved on with my life for the better, he moved on for the worse apparently, he didn't want anyone to know why we split and started telling everyone I did it for the papers... Blah blah blah. ... He disappeared to somewhere, living under the grid, not even submitting taxes (nothing!), had to get my divorce thru publication as not even a PI could find him... And at this point, I think that unless USCIS have a psychic they will be hard pressed to find him if they need him.. But hopefully there is no need for that anyways!!

N-400

10/08/2014 N400 sent

10/16/14 Check Cashed

11/13/14 Biometrics

01/06/15 N400 Interview

01/30/15 Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Have you file for N-400 already or you are thinking to file it? Do you need to be a citizen badly? Sometimes, I think this way, if you dont have to be one. Don't be. Why make your life difficult when you can have your life here in United States. If you apply just for future benefits when you retired then you have to go through all this. Anyway, for myself I think I made the wrong move by applying my N400 because I wanted to apply Greencard for my spouse. I could have apply her through my LPR while she waits here as a F1 student. I wasted all this time for my N400 and currently I am still waiting for approval. Worth it or not??? I don't think so!!! Now my life in United States is so settled down and I have a little daughter that I have to feed on. This N400 is causing me so much problem and worries!!! Oh well..... mistake mistake made by me... I hope if someone in my situation will consider it before they apply for their N400.

As for now, i am waiting for result and letter! Hopefully my case will move just like Murrican. I/O also asked me to sign that paper base on what he asked me.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Australia
Timeline

UGH what a nightmare Deidre... I am so sorry! And also for everyone else, I hope you will get positive News soon. It is almost ticking me off, when people claim you just married for papers. Most of us come from Countries where we had a very very good life and for most of us I am sure it was extremely hard to leave everything behind. But we did it because we deeply fell in love with someone.

Now for the few that just came here for papers.... Thats a different story of course.....

Thanks MayoKy :) and very true!

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

05/17/11... I-751 packet mailed to VSC... 05/18/11... I-751 packet received... 05/24/11... Check cashed... 05/26/11... NOA1 received (receipt date 05/19/11)... 06/25/11... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for 07/20)... 06/28/11... Early Walk-In for Biometrics (Durham NC)... 12/30/11... I-751 Petition Approved (called USCIS on 01/04 and was advised of approval)... 01/05/12... Card Production Ordered... 01/05/12... Approval Letter received... 01/XX/12... GC received in the mail... 04/08/14... 

N-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

05/09/14... Eligible to apply for Naturalization based on the 5-year rule...10/08/14... N-400 packet sent via UPS to Texas (finally!)...10/10/14... N-400 packet received...10/16/14... Check cashed...10/20/14... NOA1 received (Priority Date 10/10/14)...10/31/14... Biometrics Letter received (Bio set for 11/12/14)...11/12/14... Biometrics completed (Tampa FL)...11/13/14... Received yellow letter today (Dated 11/07/14)...11/14/14... In line for interview (e-notifications received at 12.36pm)...12/24/14... Interview scheduled (e-notifications received)...01/02/15... Interview letter received (Interview set for 02/03/15)...02/03/15... Interview completed Successfully!...02/11/15... In line for Oath! (e-notifications received at 7.00pm)...02/12/15... Oath scheduled & letter sent (e-notifications received at 1.30pm)...02/17/15... Oath letter received (Oath set for 02/23/15)...02/23/15... Oath Ceremony at 1pm in the Tampa Field Office... I'm officially a US Citizen!!

I-130 FOR MY PARENTS TIMELINE

11/14/16... I-130 packet for my parents sent via UPS to Phoenix

11/15/16... I-130 packet received (Priority Date)

11/18/16... Checks cashed, received emails and text messages at 5:22pm, cases routed to Texas Service Center

02/22/17... NOA2 for Mom received (Notice Date 02/15/17)

02/28/17... NOA2 for Dad received (Notice Date 02/17/17)

03/01/17... Status online shows application sent to NVC 

03/17/17... Received emails from NVC for next steps!

03/21/17... Went online to Choose an Agent

03/28/17... Received emails from NVC confirming Agent selection and to proceed with the next step (paying fees!)

04/05/17... Paid the $120 Immigrant Visa Application Processing Fee online today (Also eligible to pay the $325 Fee but will wait before doing so...)

April-August... Took a break from the process in order to move back from USVI to mainland USA.

08/07/17... Paid the IV Fees for both my parents ($325 each) today

08/23/17... Called NVC because payment still showing "In Process", was advised to email proof of payment to have them manually correct it

08/24/17... CEAC website shows "Paid" and can now have parents' DS-260 forms filled in.

Timeline

Today I received this email from USCIS saying they have received a service request: But there is no indication whatsoever. I have an appointment info pass that I made last two weeks. Should I still go in and they will say the same information just like the email?

Type of service requested:
-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On 01/12/2015, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your N-400to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Our records show that your N-400 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

Edited by Worried_joel

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Today I received this email from USCIS saying they have received a service request: But there is no indication whatsoever. I have an appointment info pass that I made last two weeks. Should I still go in and they will say the same information just like the email?

Type of service requested:

-- Outside Normal Processing Times

The status of this service request is:

On 01/12/2015, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your N-400to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved.

Our records show that your N-400 is currently pending adjudication. We regret that we are unable to provide you with a completion date at this time. We apologize for the delay.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.

Go to the Infopass. All the letter says is that they're working on it and they have no idea when it'll be done. That's not a real answer.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.