Murican

a decision has not been made on your application (after N400 interview)

92 posts in this topic

I apply for 5 y rule, I do see they have all my gc application old file in io s table, before I enter the interview, they already read old files, when I start the interview, they already know about my marriage thins. But the io is very nice,she just ask a little bit marriage things.

My girl friend divorce USC after roc,she got citizen without problem,the officer even never bring the marriage out.

Some officer is nice, some are difficult, but they don't have a reason to deny you.

When you have interview, do you explain everything about the previous marriage. You need to persuade io to trust you ,that is important, it is not just answer what io ask.

<p>06/20/14: N-400 mailed06/23/14: N-400 Delivered06/26/14: I-797 in the mail7/1/14: Fingerprint notification via text and email7/8/14: Fingerprint Letter In the mail7/22/14: Fingerprint Appointment Date7/11/14: Walk-in Fingerprints completed7/24/14: SMS and Email about in-line for interview8/18/2014 receive yellow letter dated8/89/8/2014 interview txt/email9/11/2014 receive interview letter10/14/2014 interview date<p>10/21/2014oath date

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

You can't appeal a decision that has not been made. So there is no appeal avenue for us.

You can't reapply until a decision has been made, the path of the original petition must reach its end.

Yes, we have both been waiting more than a year. We both went through the Atlanta office.

Good luck

It's true that you can't appeal a decision that hasn't been made, but you can file a pretty routine lawsuit and ask a judge to order USCIS to make a decision within a fixed amount of time. This isn't uncommon.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

I read (somewhwere on this forum) you can go to your senator/representative to find out what is going on (if no decision has been made after 120 days)

Dunno if this applies?

I will wait 5 weeks, if I do not hear from them then I will either call their 800 number or book an infopass appointment to see what the hold up is.

if nothing comes of it, then I will pay visit my representative, I guess this is the best way forward?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The cost of the lawsuit is not cheap, in fact, it is pretty expensive.

Senators, Infopass, ombudsmans have all been contacted.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Timeline

Good luck

I'm sure you're right and I hope you get resolution on your case soon.

But technically speaking, the only thing that can FORCE them to issue a decision is a judicial order.

In most cases, the delay is just an oversight and once you take one of the measures you've mentioned, the case gets resolved. I hope that's the case for you.

For a review of each step of my N-400 naturalization process, from application to oath ceremony, please click here.

Good luck

waiting for more than a year is really unusual . You can file the lawsuit yourself. If you decided to go for that route let me know I can give you a helpful website.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

I'm sure you're right and I hope you get resolution on your case soon.

But technically speaking, the only thing that can FORCE them to issue a decision is a judicial order.

In most cases, the delay is just an oversight and once you take one of the measures you've mentioned, the case gets resolved. I hope that's the case for you.

what you are descriping is called Writ of Mandamus

However, filing a lawsuit under section 1447b will give the the district court the authority to make a decision on the naturalization application. You can use this section to sue uscis if they failed to make a decision after 120 days of the initial interview.

AOS

day 1 -- 04/11/2012-- package sent to Chicago

day 2 -- 04/12/2012-- package was received.

day 43-- 05/23/2012-- Notice for an interview is received for 06/26 @ 2pm

day 63-- 06/12/2012-- Received a Text & email for an update- Card production EAD/AP

day 77-- 06/26/2012-- interview / approved on the spot.

day 86-- 07/05/2012-- Received my GC in the mail.

ROC

day 1 -- 04/07/2014 -- ROC Package delivered to VSC

day 16 -- 04/23/2014 -- Walk-in Bio.

day 197 -- 10/20/2014-- Approval Letter received dated 10/16/2014

day 202 -- 10/25/2014-- GC received

Timeline

what you are descriping is called Writ of Mandamus

However, filing a lawsuit under section 1447b will give the the district court the authority to make a decision on the naturalization application. You can use this section to sue uscis if they failed to make a decision after 120 days of the initial interview.

I did not realize that this moves the decision from USCIS to the District Court. I thought that the court simply ordered USCIS to render a decision. Thanks for the clarification. I'll have to read up on this.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I won't file a lawsuit. Really, what's the point. I have my 10 year green card and although I wanted to vote tomorrow, there is no real downside right now to me waiting.

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

"The first things come first" and granting citizenship to a permanent resident is NOT PRIORITY for USCIS at this moment, sorry but its true. In the end of the day, you can still work, travel and "live your life" which is different from people who are ajusting status and need their authorization to work and travel (and that is USCIS priority).

I have read a lot of posting where the person has to wait for a long time for "that decision" or to take the oath. As I have heard the USC process is also very simple and "fast" as I also believe there are officers with different point of views, work mentality, etc.

In a normal world, USC is a very straight forward process based on a very clear criteria and when someone applies for citizenship (following the criteria of course) I personally dont see how someone can have it denied.

However, when red flags may help the delay of a process. Living away from spouse does not look good, lets face it.

Another detail caught my attention on your posting, my friend.

Usually, there are NO interviews with the couple in order to remove conditions and it seems like you and your ex wife had one interview, right ?!. Thats odd. maybe, for some reason, your file have been "red flagged" since day one ?

See, the officer was clearly concern on why you were married but not "living together" as matter of fact, he asked you to write down for "how long you were living together" which shouldnt be even a question for A MARRIED COUPLE!

Anyways, If I were you, I would not push too much man. Wait maybe 6 month or so and then take it from there. They will either approve your application when you less expect OR they will deny your application and give you a reason why they did so which will give you the tools to proof otherwise.

I wouldnt do anything right now.

Good luck!

I had two interviews not one.

They called us for a second one because of the living situation.

We went to the second interview with all the proof of how we have been living and plane tickets and how I visit Vegas regularly and that wasn't a problem, and that's how I got my 10yr GC.

So I was only surprised during my n400 interview, when he asked the same questions from the second interview.

I'm not taking any actions, nor will I, its too late now. The elections are done and over. So they can take their time, I only wanted to vote. I just hope this is finalized before 2016 pres. election, I already see people from this forum who have been waiting a year+ just odd

I had two interviews not one.

They called us for a second one because of the living situation.

We went to the second interview with all the proof of how we have been living and plane tickets and how I visit Vegas regularly and that wasn't a problem, and that's how I got my 10yr GC.

So I was only surprised during my n400 interview, when he asked the same questions from the second interview.

I'm not taking any actions, nor will I, its too late now. The elections are done and over. So they can take their time, I only wanted to vote. I just hope this is finalized before 2016 pres. election, I already see people from this forum who have been waiting a year+ just odd

Exactly man. I meant that usually THERE IS NO INTERVIEW to remove conditions (thats what I have heard and experienced myself).

Please, keep me updated on your case because Im very curious about it. Yes, agree this whole thing is very odd since I have heard that the N400 process usually doesnt even bring marriage history up since it has been already proven as a bonafide (otherwise the person would not be able to remove conditions, right ?).

What else did they ask in the interview overall man ?

Another question man. You got married in Reno, right ? but where are you applying for your N400 ? Reno as well or California ?

I have heard California takes longer than a lot of other states in the West coast!

I have been a California resident for more than 2yrs but we did every filing process in NV cos she lived there. This is my first experience with California uscis.

And yea, I have heard things are difficult here

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.