1,482 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Just out of curiosity, is everyone case number begin with MTL?

Hi LBCTT,

No, my starts with CRO (our embassy is in Cairo). I'm guessing this is some type of embassy code or country code. :)

Our lovely journey!!

10/08/2015: AOS packet sent to USCIS (Chicago lockbox) via USPS Priority mail (They received it 10/10/15).

10/16/2015: Text/eEmails received from USCIS with receipt number. We received 3.

10/22/2015: Received hard copies of NOA's for I-131, I-765, & I-485.

11/01/2015: Got NOA for biometrics appt (for 11/12/15).

11/03/2015: Did WALK IN biometrics appt - took 15 mins. Person taking said work permit should be in mail in less than 4 wks.

12/09/2015: Got email/text notification for INTERVIEW date.

12/28/2015: Got email/text notification EAD card has been mailed.

12/31/2015: Received EAD/AP card.

01/11/2016: INTERVIEW (in Los Angeles office).

01/11/2016: Case in in "CONTINUANCE". Awaiting approval. (Feels like AP).

06/27/2016: I-485 APPROVED - (FINALLY!!!) / 264 DAYS (8 MONTHS 20 DAYS)

07/01/2016: GREEN CARD RECEIVED

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My Fiancé tried to call yesterday, but he said he tried for almost 50 times but it's all busy tone and at the last attempt he had the recording message is there any magical telephone number you can share please! Thank you!

I keep getting the new recorded message that says they're too busy to take my call, and to call back later. The ONE time I got through to the menu in the last few days, I picked the wrong option, as the options have changed in their menu. It's been 37 days, so I need to give the NVC a hard time.

If you can call right exactly when the NVC opens in the morning, you might have better luck getting through. I've been trying at least once every 10 minutes before work, once or twice on my lunch break, and once every hour or so after work. I just want my case #!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I keep getting the new recorded message that says they're too busy to take my call, and to call back later. The ONE time I got through to the menu in the last few days, I picked the wrong option, as the options have changed in their menu. It's been 37 days, so I need to give the NVC a hard time.

If you can call right exactly when the NVC opens in the morning, you might have better luck getting through. I've been trying at least once every 10 minutes before work, once or twice on my lunch break, and once every hour or so after work. I just want my case #!

Yes, they've UPDATE their telephone system that is WORST than the previous one. Keep calling them, I heard other say that they have better luck calling at night time.

11/25/2014 I-129f mailed to Dallas Lockbox

12/04/2014 Receipt NOA 1 via email

12/10/2014 Receipt hard copy NOA 1

12/24/2014 Receipt NOA 2 via checking website

12/26/2014 Receipt hard copy NOA 2

01/20/2014 On hold for ONLY 30 min, got our case# MTL 1234....

02/10/2014 Called NVC (4 times in 3weeks) no update. Checked website in afternoon, IN TRANSIT?!!

02/11/2014 READY. After 21 days of no activity our status magically jumped 2 levels in less than 24hr.

Emailed MONTREAL-IV-DV@STATE.GOV requested further communication via email.

02/17/2014 Got an email response from MTL "Your file is being reviewed. We soon provide you instructions."

03/04/2014 Submitted multiple inquiries with no response! Tired of waiting around, so emailed in Packet 3 with copy of student visa.

03/09/2014 CEAC Status Date changed AGAIN to today. Hope this mean we'll be getting Packet 4 soon.

03/11/2014 GOT PACKET 4! CEAC Status Date changed.

04/17/2014 Interview appointment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Is there another way to get your case number besides calling nvc? Everyone is waiting around 3 weeks from when they get their noa2 to call nvc to get their case number right?

Are they not going to give our case number of we will not call them? I'm just wondering!! But I'm bugging my fiancé too to call every time he's available lol! The long wait is horrible!

Is there another way to get your case number besides calling nvc? Everyone is waiting around 3 weeks from when they get their noa2 to call nvc to get their case number right?

Through email I think but we're lucky if they will even read our emails lol!

Timeline

Your case number is on the letter that comes from the consulate, I believe, but then you have to wait until it gets through the NVC, arrives at the consulate, and is mailed to you in the regular mail. That's a long time to have no idea where things are at. If you can get your case number, you can track the status online.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong please!

I don't know if they'll let you schedule a medical without your interview date yet.

Hi everyone.

Just having some quick questions. I called NVC today and we received our case number. I know that the next step would be for my fiancé to call and schedule his medical.

For the UK embassy, you don't receive your interview date until they have received your medical results so you can get definitely schedule the medical without this. All you need is your case number :)

Immigration Timeline

June 2013: Met whilst working at a summer camp in Michigan 

K1

November 1st 2014: I-129f submitted for K1 visa

February 24th 2015: Visa in hand!

February 26th 2015: POE at Las Vegas airport, then onwards to Oregon! 

March 6th 2015: Marriage (with a "real" wedding to follow next year on 7/6/2016)

March 9th 2015: AOS, EAD & AP submitted

September 22nd 2015: Interview

January 14th 2016: Two year Green card received -phew!

ROC

August 8th 2017: 90 day window begins! ROC time!

September 28th 2017: Biometric Appointment in Portland, OR

March 5th 2018: Case received by local office

August 18th 2018: 18 month extension letter mailed

December 2018: Case moved to another office

February 2019: I was emailed that I was approved and my card was in production the same day of my N400 interview 😂

N400

August 8th 2018: Window opens to submit naturalization application

August 13th 2018: N400 Application submitted online 

August 14th 2018: NOA1

September 6th 2018: Biometrics

February 6th 2019: Interview Date! APPROVED!

February 6th 2019: I was asked to return later the same day for my Oath Ceremony! :dance:

❤️ Our Visa Journey is finally complete ❤️

I am the Beneficiary

Timeline

Your case number is on the letter that comes from the consulate, I believe, but then you have to wait until it gets through the NVC, arrives at the consulate, and is mailed to you in the regular mail. That's a long time to have no idea where things are at. If you can get your case number, you can track the status online.

You are right!!!

DON'T GIVE UP!!!!

CALL NOW IF YOU CAN!!!! I've literally called TWICE and got through BOTH times.

Our lovely journey!!

10/08/2015: AOS packet sent to USCIS (Chicago lockbox) via USPS Priority mail (They received it 10/10/15).

10/16/2015: Text/eEmails received from USCIS with receipt number. We received 3.

11/03/2015: Did WALK IN biometrics appt - took 15 mins. Person taking said work permit should be in mail in less than 4 wks.

Finally some word from USCIS today on our petition - unfortunately it's an RFE! Is it possible to call and find out what they need or will I need to wait for the letter? And anyone know how long that normally takes to arrive?

Seems very coincidental that the day after I called, something happened...

Edited by emilyrptimm

K1 and AOS:

Spoiler

K1 visa:

18 November, 2014: Sent I-129F

24 November, 2014: Email/text notification of NOA1

26 January, 2015: RFE hard copy

27 January, 2015: Sent RFE response

3 February, 2015: Email/text notification of NOA2

15 April, 2015: K1 interview

11 May, 2015: Fiancee entered US on K-1

22 May, 2015: Got married!

AOS:

15 June, 2015: Sent AOS, EAD, and AP

23 June, 2015: Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP

17 July, 2015: AOS biometrics appointment

28 August, 2015: Received EAD and AP

11 March, 2016: Received interview letter for AOS interview

7 April, 2016: AOS interview. Recommended for approval

13 April, 2016: Received RFE

21, April, 2016: Mailed RFE response

5 May, 2016: I-485 application approved

ROC:

5 February, 2018: Sent I-751

9 February, 2018: NOA1

12 May, 2018: Biometrics waived. USCIS will reuse old fingerprints.

18 August, 2018: 18 month extension

21 February, 2019: ROC approved

1 March, 2019: Green Card received

N-400

31 March, 2019: Submitted N-400 online

23 April, 2019: Biometrics appointment

25 November, 2019: N-400 interview

14 January, 2020: Oath ceremony

Timeline

We finally got our case number! Now what's next? Lol! We are at lost!!! ???

Now you have to send packet 3 to your embassy, once your case gets there from NVC. Get your Packet 3 ready now so you can send as soon as it's there! You can also now check your status online, using the link posted in this thread a couple of pages back.

CALL NOW IF YOU CAN!!!! I've literally called TWICE and got through BOTH times.

Boo I didnt see this until now (3 hours later) and I can't get through.

Timeline

Now you have to send packet 3 to your embassy, once your case gets there from NVC. Get your Packet 3 ready now so you can send as soon as it's there! You can also now check your status online, using the link posted in this thread a couple of pages back.

Grrrrr.... I knew I was taking a shot when I posted that.... And what's the purpose of the voice message that says, "Due to the current high call demand all of our telephones lines are busy.. Please try again later"??? Dang them... Irritating..

Our lovely journey!!

Thanks Rhaenerys, my Fiancé still need to get a package (hope the packet 3) I the post office tomorrow he was not at home when the mail man came., but we can't really do anything yet I think unless we receive the packet because we don't know where embassy of U.S here in Canada we are going to, to be honest lol! ??? the lawyer he talked to before we started this petition said it will be in Montreal but we will see... As for now, we are happy and we are happy for everybody here too.. ???

Timeline

I got through to the NVC!!!!!!!!!! Yay! I got my case # and it was put in transit to the consulate yesterday!

They had an email address on file for me that I do not ever remember giving them ever, it was weird. It's one of mine, but not one I want them to use, so they let me update it.

If you call them for your case #, ask for any additional information that they have for you. The lady gave me my Invoice ID and the Beneficiary ID as well, although she said those would be in my packet from the consulate as well.

I got through to the NVC!!!!!!!!!! Yay! I got my case # and it was put in transit to the consulate yesterday!

They had an email address on file for me that I do not ever remember giving them ever, it was weird. It's one of mine, but not one I want them to use, so they let me update it.

If you call them for your case #, ask for any additional information that they have for you. The lady gave me my Invoice ID and the Beneficiary ID as well, although she said those would be in my packet from the consulate as well.

Congrats! I wonder what is invoice ID and beneficiary ID lol, seems NVC is being friendly now lol! Hope everybody get thier case number!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.