Trumplestiltskin

What's Up With U.S. Maternity Leave?

113 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Unfortunately he's not joking. Many small businesses do this, but most don't go posting about it on the internet.

I was mostly shocked by the public posting of it. I know it happens, but damn.

Met in 2010 on a forum for a mutual interest. Became friends.
2011: Realized we needed to evaluate our status as friends when we realized we were talking about raising children together.

2011/2012: Decided we were a couple sometime in, but no possibility of being together due to being same sex couple.

June 26, 2013: DOMA overturned. American married couples ALL have the same federal rights at last! We can be a family!

June-September, 2013: Discussion about being together begins.

November 13, 2013: Meet in person to see if this could work. It's perfect. We plan to elope to Boston, MA.

March 13, 2014 Married!

May 9, 2014: Petition mailed to USCIS

May 12, 2014: NOA1.
October 27, 2014: NOA2. (5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day after NOA1)
October 31, 2014: USCIS ships file to NVC (five days after NOA2) Happy Halloween for us!

November 18, 2014: NVC receives our case (22 days after NOA2)

December 17, 2014: NVC generates case number (50 days after NOA2)

December 19, 2014: Receive AOS bill, DS-261. Submit DS-261 (52 days after NOA2)

December 20, 2014: Pay AOS Fee

January 7, 2015: Receive, pay IV Fee

January 10, 2015: Complete DS-260

January 11, 2015: Send AOS package and Civil Documents
March 23, 2015: Case Complete at NVC. (70 days from when they received docs to CC)

May 6, 2015: Interview at Montréal APPROVED!

May 11, 2015: Visa in hand! One year less one day from NOA1.

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Another reason that small business owners need to be careful who they hire.

I have learned to stay away from young women of child bearing age. Too many issues.

Wow...I don't normally wish ill on people but this is a human rights case that deserves to happen.

Still don't understand why it's okay for so many Americans to see America fall further and further behind her peers. Whatever happened to trying to be the best and greatest?

Freedom?

Booyah!!

We can't have Govco dictating to us what to do yanno. It's my right to work for a greedy employer that gives nothing to his/her workforce.

I was mostly shocked by the public posting of it. I know it happens, but damn.

Stick around awhile, you'll see things posted here that will make your head spin.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Because there has never been any interest by our policy makers to regard their constituency as anything other than a pool of voters. Unlike other developed countries, we don't look at our people as infrastructure.

America exerts a strong gravitational pool on immigrants which in turn provides an endless source of cheap labor. People are easily replaced. Few are the corporations that show any type of social responsibility towards their workforce, and fewer still are the states that have any legislation to that effect. Someone pointed out that only California has some sort of insurance pool for maternity leave. As California goes, so does America, so we can hope in a few years, if not decades, the country will follow.

The US is still the biggest economy in the world (just about). Why has this never been addressed?

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Because there has never been any interest by our policy makers to regard their constituency as anything other than a pool of voters. Unlike other developed countries, we don't look at our people as infrastructure.

America exerts a strong gravitational pool on immigrants which in turn provides an endless source of cheap labor. People are easily replaced. Few are the corporations that show any type of social responsibility towards their workforce, and fewer still are the states that have any legislation to that effect. Someone pointed out that only California has some sort of insurance pool for maternity leave. As California goes, so does America, so we can hope in a few years, if not decades, the country will follow.

This is what I was telling Janelle in regards to the immigration situation. There will always be employers that will take advantage of them because they can with no repercussions. If this were to stop completely, I'd wager there would be little if not any other reason to migrate to the US.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

This is what I was telling Janelle in regards to the immigration situation. There will always be employers that will take advantage of them because they can with no repercussions. If this were to stop completely, I'd wager there would be little if not any other reason to migrate to the US.

Illegal employment is the real reason we need a national id system, not voter fraud. But because the rich keep getting richer off of cheap labor, you never hear a peep about it.

Timeline

I agree. We need to make it easier for those who are waiting to come in and stem the influx of those who don't want to wait...

I don't believe a national id system would resolve it.

This is something that comes down to personal responsibility. As an employer I have the tools and the mandate to E-verify every single potential candidate. Many employers choose not to do so and worse, many hire unqualified individuals because they can pay them below minimum wage and no benefits.

Illegal employment is the real reason we need a national id system, not voter fraud. But because the rich keep getting richer off of cheap labor, you never hear a peep about it.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I agree. We need to make it easier for those who are waiting to come in and stem the influx of those who don't want to wait...

I don't believe a national id system would resolve it.

This is something that comes down to personal responsibility. As an employer I have the tools and the mandate to E-verify every single potential candidate. Many employers choose not to do so and worse, many hire unqualified individuals because they can pay them below minimum wage and no benefits.

We all know the problems that come along with personal responsibility. Most people are greedy and will do whatever they can to get more out of less and that includes breaking the law to hire cheap illegal labor.

Timeline

And those are the same people who complain the government should close our borders... GFF!

We all know the problems that come along with personal responsibility. Most people are greedy and will do whatever they can to get more out of less and that includes breaking the law to hire cheap illegal labor.

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Another reason that small business owners need to be careful who they hire.

I have learned to stay away from young women of child bearing age. Too many issues.

:wow: I had to check the calendar to make sure I was reading this post in 2014! We apologize for the many issues you may encounter if you hire one of us women of child bearing age... up until now we are still the only people that can actually have children. But eh if it causes you too many issues steer clear from us. :unsure:

''No matter how painful distance can be, not having you in my life would be worse''

August 16 2013: Started dating

July 6 2014: Got engaged! (L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

:wow: I had to check the calendar to make sure I was reading this post in 2014! We apologize for the many issues you may encounter if you hire one of us women of child bearing age... up until now we are still the only people that can actually have children. But eh if it causes you too many issues steer clear from us. :unsure:

A reason why the business is small;)

Timeline

Its a slippery slope. If you hare wimmins in childrens bearing age, next thang you know them wimmins will want the right to equal pay, to vote and drive it'll be just a never ending slope. No siree, Bob! This is Murkha. We keep our wimmins in there places...

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org