aminorziko

N-400 denied.

54 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Offering advice doesn't mean minimizing somebody because of language mistakes. The applicant as he said in his post goes to school and studies to get a degree. Meaning his English should be good enough to receive and deliver information in the English language.

In his case, the officer was not and I repeat was NOT disinterested since the officer took a long time to go through his application and advised him to remove conditions.

In this website we help each other even though if you can't write or speak good English, WE try our best to understand what the applicant is trying to say.

I think the OP's reaction to my feedback is of greater relevance than yours. The fact remains, he has others to present his case to before it gets resolved, and any effort to simplify that presentation can't hurt him. 5 densely written paragraphs with a variety of mistakes gets in the way of that. You may find frank feedback uncomfortable in your own affairs, but projecting that onto others is unwise. Feel free to have the last word, I'm not interested in debating further with you. I'm only interested in hearing how the OP has this awful case resolved when he has updates for us.

PS, to the OP, hang in there, you'll get through this fiasco.

Edited by Pianist27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I think the OP's reaction to my feedback is of greater relevance than yours. The fact remains, he has others to present his case to before it gets resolved, and any effort to simplify that presentation can't hurt him. 5 densely written paragraphs with a variety of mistakes gets in the way of that. You may find frank feedback uncomfortable in your own affairs, but projecting that onto others is unwise. Feel free to have the last word, I'm not interested in debating further with you. I'm only interested in hearing how the OP has this awful case resolved when he has updates for us.

PS, to the OP, hang in there, you'll get through this fiasco.

I appreciate the fact you gave me the last word but I was not here to debate with you either. I was here actually to make you aware of your none helping statement about language in an immigration situation. Again your "frank feedback" could have helped if you gave suggestions to the OP regarding his situation. You have to take the stress the OP is in, you have to recognize as well that he came from a country where English is a third language: So that could affect his English in that particular situation but I'm confident that he wouldn't make same mistakes in a more relaxed environment.

Please leave unnecessary remarks out of the problem, comment if you have something to add that will benefit him in his particular situation.

Good day.

Edited by silkafi88

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline

I saw a lawyer today. Basically, she said that this whole thing doesn't seem right and its ridiculous. you guys were right I should be able to get my Citizenship since they have already approved my unconditional GC.

Thank you all for the support.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

I saw a lawyer today. Basically, she said that this whole thing doesn't seem right and its ridiculous. you guys were right I should be able to get my Citizenship since they have already approved my unconditional GC.

Thank you all for the support.

If you got $$$ proceed with it. By the end I want to be one of the people to congratulate you. Oh make sure you complain about that officer, don't let her get away with what she has done to you.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

No disrespect intended, but I had a tough time reading your post and making sense of precisely what has happened. For me, this is another reason for you to get a lawyer, because I don't think you can clearly explain your case in English. That doesn't mean you're not smart or a bad person, but you need help articulating this, and hopefully getting it resolved.

He explained well. No problem understanding everything he said.

STANLEY & KAREN
01/15/2009 - Fedex I-130, I-485, I-693, I-864, I-765, G-325A
01/20/2009 - Received in mail-room and signed for by J CHYBA
01/28/2009 - Checks cashed by Homeland Security
02/02/2009 - Received in mail 3 pcs of NOA1 one each for I-485, I-130, I-765 dated 01/28/2009
02/03/2009 - Received email RFE. What did I not send now, whew!
02/09/2009 - Received mails for initial evidence and Biometric appointment (02/19/2009); mailed evidence
02/19/2009 - biometrics done - in a out in 45 minutes
03/14/2009 - Receive NOA2 dated 03/10/2009. AOS interview April 29, 2009
03/18/2009 - Touched. EAD Card production ordered
03/25/2009 - Touched. EAD approval sent
03/27/2009 - EAD card received in the mail; applied for SS# immediately (office is across the street from my home)
04/02/2009 - Received SS# in the mail
04/29/2009 - Interviewed. I- 130 approved, I-485 pending IO's review
05/05/2009 - Received NOA2. Welcome letter for Permanent Residency. I-130 and I-485 approved 04/30/2009
05/08/2009 - Touched. I-485 approval letter sent
05/11/2009 - GC received in the mail. Expires 2019
05/11/2009 - Applied to remove restrictions on my SS Card
05/18/2009 - Received unrestricted SS card

10/13/2009 - My darling husband of 2 yrs 5 months 3 weeks 3 days passed away :(

Naturalization Process (5 Yrs Later) :goofy:

Mar 28, 2014 - Mailed N-400
Apr 08, 2014 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2014 - Receive Notice letter Priority date April 3, 2014
Apr 11, 2014 - Touched - Email - Biometrics letter mailed
May 08, 2014 - Biometrics done
May 12, 2014 - Touched - Email - In line for interview scheduling
July 12, 2014 - Pre-interview letter (Yellow letter) received in mail
Aug 20, 2014 - Touched - Email - Interview scheduled
Aug 25, 2014 - Interview scheduled for Sept. 24, 2014
Sept 24, 2014 - Passed interview
Oct 06, 2014 - Touched - Email - In oath scheduling que
Oct 08, 2014 - Touched - Text - Oath ceremony scheduled
Oct 14, 2014 - Received letter - Oath ceremony Oct 28, 2014
Oct 28, 2014 - I AM A US CITIZEN! :joy: :joy: :joy:
Nov 12, 2014 - Updated my status from permanent resident to citizen at Social Security
Nov 14, 2014 - Applied for US passport
Nov 29, 2014 - Received US passport book
Dec 01, 2014 - Received Passport card
Dec 04, 2014 - Received Naturalization Certificate

--------------------
KayCee

Ccut.jpg.png

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi Aminorsiko,

I am sorry you had to go through all data, i remember, when i was trying to remove condition from 2 ysr to 10 yrs they gave me hard time, first is because when i moved my wife had everything on her name, power bills, water, internet..... i had nothing and we weren't prepared or even thought about, so when we filed, i received a denial letter and stated that our marriage was not in good faith, knowing that i came to Us through K1 and was denied two times, anyway fortunately for us i bought a house and i added her to the mortgage right after the we filed, and also bought her a car for her birth day which was witnessed by 1000 people, and also we did a lot of charity work me and her. and we were listed in two magazine her and me and they were talking about our relationship, also i have a life insurance. so when we receive the blue letter from USCIS i straightaway sent mortgage papers, all cards i received and magazine and also life insurance, and within 10 days i received green card in mail, and later on, i file fir N-400 and it took less 10 minutes to be approved, the office said that we were well organized and we had plenty for evidence.

Good luck

aminorziko

How did you add her to the mortgage? I asked my bank about doing that and they said I would have to re-finance and go through the whole application process again.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

• 3 months later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Get a lawyer involved but I doubt you can sue USCIS..bad customer service, hell yah but what do you sue them for? It will be hard to prove discrimination but getting a lawyer will get someone to sit tight and correct the mistakes or do a better job. Immigration including naturalization is a PRIVILEGE and no lawyer to make them award you a citizenship. But i am sure they will "behave" well with a lawyer.. good luck.

(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)(L)

CR- 1

Interview :  11/15/2016

Result: AP  (form 221 (g))

Correspondence with Embassy: Tons of emails, Facebook posts, tweets, Congressman inquiry

Complaint letter with OIG : 12/29/2016

Case dispatched to diplomatic pouch : 01/11/2017

Case dispatched from diplomatic mail service to NVC : 01/23/2017

Case arrived at NVC: 01/26/2017

NVC sent case to USCIS : 02/09/2017 (system update)

Case receive by USCIS (text & email notification): 03/07/2017

Reaffirm Petition Timeline for folks in GHANA.. Please update your information..Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1k0NXnbJdyEIRR1_Dr4t3yXmsM0tBbq-tZsj0-o3cMV0/edit?usp=sharing

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

That is a very strange situation. When you make another attempt have attorney by your side and if they do/say anything unreasonable again - insist to speak to their supervisor. Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I'm sure your story will be an interesting topic for a local newspaper to investigate. If the government does something obviously wrong the public would want to know about it.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.