Janelle2002

7 Things I Can Do That My Black Son Can’t

189 posts in this topic

FTR,

I didn't tell them what my ethnicity was. I wanted to earn it. So I left out the EEO part. I didn't want to have any raised eyebrows when I started working. My resume and my skills are all I need.

Seriously, if you need some help. Send me your resume. There's a lady here who's a beast at writing them. Because of her I've had 4 interviews, 3 offers and the job that's waiting for me.

I got a resume tha makes me look a whole lot better than I am. I mean yes I was a plant manager and did some great stuff on paper, but it was niche type thing. I don't want another high profile pressure cooker job, but often time I get the , we are not hiring managers at this time, you are not be considered.

I hope this driving a limo thing works out. The two trips i have made have been fun. it has to be the least stressful job in the world and it's part time, which is cool.

P.S. Your first name is a dead give away you are black. Sorry

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

FTR,

I didn't tell them what my ethnicity was. I wanted to earn it. So I left out the EEO part. I didn't want to have any raised eyebrows when I started working. My resume and my skills are all I need.

Seriously, if you need some help. Send me your resume. There's a lady here who's a beast at writing them. Because of her I've had 4 interviews, 3 offers and the job that's waiting for me.

Plus your name is Marvin. That doesn't sound black at all. If it was Jamal, they'd probably have you emptying the trash bins. :goofy:

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

I got a resume tha makes me look a whole lot better than I am. I mean yes I was a plant manager and did some great stuff on paper, but it was niche type thing. I don't want another high profile pressure cooker job, but often time I get the , we are not hiring managers at this time, you are not be considered.

I hope this driving a limo thing works out. The two trips i have made have been fun. it has to be the least stressful job in the world and it's part time, which is cool.

My mom promised me I had a white name. I want my money back.

Plus your name is Marvin. That doesn't sound black at all. If it was Jamal, they'd probably have you emptying the trash bins. :goofy:

:rofl:

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Driving a limo is a fun job, you get to meet a lot of interesting people in a low stress environment.

I drove part time nights for a limo service when I was in my twenties. The limo company had stretch limos and limo vans. They had contracts with 4 different airlines and we would drive the pilots and stewardesses back and forth from Logan airport to their hotels in Boston. The money wasn't bad as it was mostly tips and I didn't have to worry about taxes. But the benefits far outweighed the money. I was single at the time and the stories I could tell you about partying with the stewardesses in the hotels would read something like a Penthouse forum. Wild to say the least.

Driving a limo is a fun job, you get to meet a lot of interesting people in a low stress environment.

I drove part time nights for a limo service when I was in my twenties. The limo company had stretch limos and limo vans. They had contracts with 4 different airlines and we would drive the pilots and stewardesses back and forth from Logan airport to their hotels in Boston. The money wasn't bad as it was mostly tips and I didn't have to worry about taxes. But the benefits far outweighed the money. I was single at the time and the stories I could tell you about partying with the stewardesses in the hotels would read something like a Penthouse forum. Wild to say the least.

That's what I am saying. I did not want to work full time, and i refuse to do anything high pressure or stressful. So far this little gig is just what the doctor ordred. weddings,Parties, carrying execs to the airport. Gets me out of the house and pays enough to make it worth my while. I enjoy being the token white dude

Edited by The Nature Boy

FTR,

I tried to PM you but VJ says you cannot receive any new messages.

He just put you on his block list. Black men are funny like that about other black men

He just put you on his block list. Black men are funny like that about other black men

Let me check.... nope, I'm not laughing. Ergo, THIS black man is not funny like that!

Sorry, hit my quota. You can PM me now.

“Hate is too great a burden to bear. It injures the hater more than it injures the hated.” – Coretta Scott King

"Oppressive language does more than represent violence; it is violence; does more than represent the limits of knowledge; it limits knowledge." -Toni Morrison

He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetrate it.

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Too late. I sent my PM to a white guy who doesn't discriminate.

Too late. I sent my PM to a white guy who doesn't discriminate.

Racist! Reported. :ranting:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

Wait just a darn minute. It just dawned on me what you said....

You have a QUOTA on the number of white guys you will talk to via PM??? OMG, the height of racism. I hereby nominate you head racist on VJ.

Wait just a darn minute. It just dawned on me what you said....

You have a QUOTA on the number of white guys you will talk to via PM??? OMG, the height of racism. I hereby nominate you head racist on VJ.

I have to keep a quota. All these white guys keep wanting me to be their friend since the new rules state you need at least 2 black friends in order to not look racist. I'm awesome enough to count as 3 black folks. :devil:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg

I have to keep a quota. All these white guys keep wanting me to be their friend since the new rules state you need at least 2 black friends in order to not look racist. I'm awesome enough to count as 3 black folks. :devil:

LMAO, three, eh? Then Shirley Janelle will count as 5 or 6???

LMAO, three, eh? Then Shirley Janelle will count as 5 or 6???

Nah, I'd say two. Everyone can't be on my level here on VJ.

Now IRL is a different story, but I won't talk and tell... :no:

Martin Luther King, Jr.

President-Obama-jpg.jpg