3 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Thought this might be interesting to share if not already done... :oops:

Refer to link http://canberra.usembassy.gov/visas/disruptions-to-visa-appointments-2014.html

"In November 2014, Australia will host the Group of Twenty (G20) Leader’s Summit in Brisbane. The G20 is the principal official forum for international economic cooperation. In the lead up to and during the Summit, U.S. Consulates in Australia will be forced to limit appointments for Consular Services.

We will prioritize U.S. citizen services, immigrant visas, and emergency non-immigrant visa cases during this time period. In light of these circumstances, we strongly encourage visa applicants and U.S. citizens to apply for these services in advance. "

The somewhat rhetoric questions I have relates to the line "we strongly encourage visa applicants and U.S. citizens to apply for these services in advance. "

Q: How can we apply IN ADVANCE, for example, to have an interview when this is controlled by NVC processing? Also, at what point in the immigrant visa process does the applicant have the ability to organise anything with the consulate ....in advance!

Nice of them to notify, but really sounds like lip service and a 'free pass' for the period Sept - November in completing interviews.

"Success is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning." - Denis Waitley

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-06-09

I-130 Sent : 2014-05-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-05-19

I-130 Approved : 2014-07-02

NVC Received : 2014-07-29

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-08-29

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-29

Send AOS Package : 2014-09-24

Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-29

Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-14

Pay IV Bill : 2014-09-15

Send IV Package : 2014-09-24

Checklist (via NVC Agent on phone): 26th November

Checklist items SCAN DATE (confirmed via NVC email): 11th Dec, 2014

(Case reviewed by Supervisor - DONE)

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Case Completed at NVC : verbal confirmation by NVC Supervisor 18th Dec, 2014

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 4 Received : 3rd Jan 2015

Interview Date : 3rd Feb 2015

Interview Result : APPROVED !!

Visa Received : 5th Feb 2015

US Entry :

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

They are talking about tourist visa's and citizen services such as passport renewal and birth reporting which people normally planned in advance. I doubt your CR-1 will be affected as with your timeline I wouldn't expect an interview until December or even February if you get a checklist.

NVC for me took 7.5 months from the time the NVC received the packet to being issued an interview date. It would have been 5.5 months without a dumb checklist.

I noticed in your timeline you have Packet 3. Don't worry about it, that's for K-1 filers. Packet 4 is just instructions and the interview appointment letter which I only received electronically.

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

thanks for the info.... and now I am hoping even more for no checklist !!

I sent both AOS and IV package together as they now request. (a lucky last minute check of the NVC website)

Curse those 60 day reviews...fingers crossed.

"Success is almost totally dependent upon drive and persistence. The extra energy required to make another effort or try another approach is the secret of winning." - Denis Waitley

IR-1/CR-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Sydney, Australia

Marriage (if applicable): 2012-06-09

I-130 Sent : 2014-05-06

I-130 NOA1 : 2014-05-19

I-130 Approved : 2014-07-02

NVC Received : 2014-07-29

Received DS-261 / AOS Bill : 2014-08-29

Pay AOS Bill : 2014-08-29

Send AOS Package : 2014-09-24

Submit DS-261 : 2014-08-29

Receive IV Bill : 2014-09-14

Pay IV Bill : 2014-09-15

Send IV Package : 2014-09-24

Checklist (via NVC Agent on phone): 26th November

Checklist items SCAN DATE (confirmed via NVC email): 11th Dec, 2014

(Case reviewed by Supervisor - DONE)

Receive Instruction and Interview appointment letter :

Case Completed at NVC : verbal confirmation by NVC Supervisor 18th Dec, 2014

NVC Left :

Consulate Received :

Packet 4 Received : 3rd Jan 2015

Interview Date : 3rd Feb 2015

Interview Result : APPROVED !!

Visa Received : 5th Feb 2015

US Entry :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.