Trumplestiltskin

In U.S., 42% Believe Creationist View of Human Origins

96 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

In U.S., 42% Believe Creationist View of Human Origins

PRINCETON, NJ -- More than four in 10 Americans continue to believe that God created humans in their present form 10,000 years ago, a view that has changed little over the past three decades. Half of Americans believe humans evolved, with the majority of these saying God guided the evolutionary process. However, the percentage who say God was not involved is rising.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/170822/believe-creationist-view-human-origins.aspx

Filed: Other Timeline

I guess that's how so many people seem so creative when it comes to discussing 'race', Natural selection wasn't kind to the competitors of ** sapiens but apparently we are supposed to believe that ** sapiens can be subdivided into different sub species. Unless you fundamentally fail to understand what a species is, then clearly you know that this is absolutely not the case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

** gets blocked. How funny is that?

Shows you the stupidity of word censorship. Why can't we say ** sapiens? Or former House Minority Leader ####### Gephardt? Etc. People evade the censor anyway, wherever it is meant as the word they are trying to censor. F&*k. So why do it.

The problem is more than a millennia of oppressive state religion forcibly stamped upon people, inculcated from birth and thereby passed from generation to generation. It is tremendous social inertia. Obviously you have the fear of death driving superstition.

In the first High School class dealing with the fundamentals of DNA replication my teacher, the gymnastics coach, told us the material was too hard. I remember him most for droning on about how he got screwed by the judges at nationals when he was in college. I was furious he had skipped all of the most interesting material - I had read ahead and was eager to talk about it in class. Ask questions about messenger RNA. I had personal experience with the low quality of teacher in public high schools and what is really important: sports.

I had a teacher promise me an "A" in class if I won the state wrestling title. In front of the class. I was offended by that too. It was the easiest class I ever took but something I was really interested in. Bachelor Living. Lol. I wanted to learn how to sew, cook, medicines/first aid, etc. The sewing especially - I have been doing it ever since, including making my own expedition gear to climb Mt. McKinley. I wanted to earn the grade, and I am sure that I did. Nevertheless the promise of the grade for athletics is something I have seen ever since in both college and high school athletics.

We are something like 23rd in Science and 28th in Math. Because it isn't a priority in this country. But it is for us and our own children.

Einstein believed in God, just sayin'

I like Einstein. He understood brains create things. Who created the brain? Definitely not humans and we sure didn't evolve from apes. If so, why aren't apes riding horses, driving cars and smoking cigars as of today instead of swinging from trees and eating bugs out of each other's hair?

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

I would say that the more educated you become, the more you would believe God created the singularity, or multiverses, if you subscribe to the notion of a God.

The more educated you become the less you believe God created the earth. Great

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

I would say that the more educated you become, the more you would believe God created the singularity, or multiverses, if you subscribe to the notion of a God.

This is not what the study says per the link started by the OP.

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

In that case, the questions are far more unsettling, imho.

For what reason did God create man's DNA with 98% of that of apes?

Why did God litter our planet with evidence to suggest almost unequivocally that we, in fact, evolved from apes?

If God created Adam and Eve, why aren't we all white or black or Asian or Polynesian or Aborigines?

Why did God create Earth around a star that will inexorably die in a few billion years, making the Earth uninhabitable in the process?

And the last one, if God created man to his own image, it stands to reason that God looks like a neanderthal.

IMHO the more one believes in God the most evident it becomes the creator was as imperfect as the creation and put little though in its plan.

I like Einstein. He understood brains create things. Who created the brain? Definitely not humans and we sure didn't evolve from apes. If so, why aren't apes riding horses, driving cars and smoking cigars as of today instead of swinging from trees and eating bugs out of each other's hair?

Yes, but in which God did he believe? There are so many to choose from...

Einstein believed in God, just sayin'

Edited by JohnR!

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

In that case, the questions are far more unsettling, imho.

For what reason did God create man's DNA with 98% of that of apes?

Why did God littler our planet with evidence to suggest almost unequivocally that we, in fact, evolved from apes?

If God created Adam and Eve, why aren't we all white or black or Asian or Polynesian or Aborigines?

Why did God create Earth around a star that will inexorably die in a few billion years, making the Earth uninhabitable in the process?

And the last one, if God created man to his own image, it stands to reason that God looks like a neanderthal.

IMHO the more one believes in God the most evident it becomes the creator was as imperfect as the creation and put little though in its plan.

If we evolved from Apes, why did Apes not evolve as well?

"Why did God littler our planet with evidence to suggest almost unequivocally that we, in fact, evolved from apes?" Did God suggest this or did man suggest this?

"If God created Adam and Eve, why aren't we all white or black or Asian or Polynesian or Aborigines? " We have an idea about this. It is in the bible about why he separated our tongues and skin. Do you think we were all created by different Gods?

"Why did God create Earth around a star that will inexorably die in a few billion years, making the Earth uninhabitable in the process?" Because he would we would wear and tear the earth apart. Look at the ozone layer and nature. We treat the earth poorly. The destruction of earth is inevitable as long as humans inhabit the planet. Might as well strip it and start over.

We say this look is a neaderthal look, but is it really? Who dictates beauty?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well, there's many reasons for that Janelle. But evolution is the consensus belief of nearly anyone that follows or adds to the scientific research dealing with the origin of the species. That should tell you something.

Do you think he would if he were alive today?

Not sure. He also believed the universe was finite. What an idiot, AMIRITE?

I don't know.

Well, there's many reasons for that Janelle. But evolution is the consensus belief of nearly anyone that follows or adds to the scientific research dealing with the origin of the species. That should tell you something.

Not sure. He also believed the universe was finite. What an idiot, AMIRITE?

I don't know.

It does. Scientist are hellbent on taking God out of our life and making us practice Scientology.