alborosie8090

Statement of Intent

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Hi, quick question.

For the statement of Intent, I am using the sample letter provided. From what I understand, both my partner and I need to sign one. Is it fine to use the same format for each?

[PETITIONER’S OR BENEFICIARY’S NAME]
[PETITIONER’S OR BENEFICIARY’S ADDRESS]

United States Department of Homeland Security

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services

[ADDRESS OF FILING LOCATION]

or when submitting for interview

United States Department of State
United States Consulate,
[name of country where Embassy is located]
[Embassy Address]

What is "Address of Filing Location" --- does that mean if my fiance is in Costa Rica, the San Jose Embassy? Or does it mean the USCIS address in Dallas? Is it the same for both of us when we fill it out?

Thanks for the help. I'm sure this is all pretty simple but its very confusing for me just getting started and don't want to make a stupid error. Thanks!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Hi, quick question.

For the statement of Intent, I am using the sample letter provided. From what I understand, both my partner and I need to sign one. Is it fine to use the same format for each? Yes, usually.

United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located]

[Embassy Address]

What is "Address of Filing Location" --- does that mean if my fiance is in Costa Rica, the San Jose Embassy? Or does it mean the USCIS address in Dallas? Is it the same for both of us when we fill it out? Dallas lockbox location is adequate.

Thanks for the help. I'm sure this is all pretty simple but its very confusing for me just getting started and don't want to make a stupid error. Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

Be sure to read a couple of pages of prior forum postings, you may get some good answers to your next set of questions.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Be sure to read a couple of pages of prior forum postings, you may get some good answers to your next set of questions.

Good luck on your immigration journey.

I've done a lot of reading but just want to make sure I understand what addresses need to be listed on Statement of Intent.

What is the "Filing Location?" I am living in Colorado. My fiancee is in Costa Rica. Don't really understand what this means.

Timeline

From the Form I-129F instructions:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f-addresses

The form instructions also contain a link for the amount and payment of the current I-129F visa petition fee.

Timeline

From the Form I-129F instructions:

http://www.uscis.gov/i-129f-addresses

The form instructions also contain a link for the amount and payment of the current I-129F visa petition fee.

But you just told me the Dallas Lockbox Address is insufficient?

Timeline

But you just told me the Dallas Lockbox Address is insufficient?

Huh, insufficient?? Where did I say that?

The link I provided STATES the address(s) to the Dallas (Lewisville), Texas lockbox location:

If you live in the United States or abroad and are filing Form I-129F, then file your petition at:

Note: U.S. Citizens petitioning for K-3 visas for their alien spouses must include a copy of the Form I-797C, Notice of Action, showing they have filed Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, on behalf of their spouse listed on the form.

In addition, they must provide a marriage certificate, evidencing the legal marriage between the citizen and the alien.

The USCIS Dallas Lockbox

For U.S. Postal Service:

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

For Express mail and courier deliveries:

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

As described in the link, you pick which one dependent on the mode of delivery of your initial petition packet: USPS, or courier services UPS, FedEx, etc.

Timeline

Huh, insufficient?? Where did I say that?

The link I provided STATES the address(s) to the Dallas (Lewisville), Texas lockbox location:

As described in the link, you pick which one dependent on the mode of delivery of your initial petition packet: USPS, or courier services UPS, FedEx, etc.

I misread your first post. This makes total sense now. Thank you for your patience and help, it is much appreciated. :)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Put the address you send the I-129F petition to, OR put no addresses at all. They are not a requirement.

These samples work perfectly >

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (USC petitioner’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (foreign fiance(e)’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of (his/her) entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Date Here)

To Whom It May Concern,

I, (foreign fiance(e)’s name), do hereby state that I am legally able and willing to marry (USC petitioner’s name), and intend to so within 90 days of my entrance into the US by way of a K-1 visa.

(Sign Here)

(Print Name Here)

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Chile
Timeline

You will use the location of the Consulate when (or if) you are bringing in new statements of intent to marry to the visa interview. For this step, use the filing location which is either in Dallas or Lewisville, depending on what type of courier service you use. All of this is just a formality, it won't make or break your case.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi, quick question.

For the statement of Intent, I am using the sample letter provided. From what I understand, both my partner and I need to sign one. Is it fine to use the same format for each?

United States Consulate, [name of country where Embassy is located]

[Embassy Address]

What is "Address of Filing Location" --- does that mean if my fiance is in Costa Rica, the San Jose Embassy? Or does it mean the USCIS address in Dallas? Is it the same for both of us when we fill it out?

Yes. We used the same format for each other. Got approved with no RFE. Just change the names around.

It is the USCIS address if you are sending in your petition. The embassy if your fiance is taking it to the interview. The same address where you send your petition. Yes, for both of you the same address.

Edited by VFittipaldi

Timeline

Yes. We used the same format for each other. Got approved with no RFE. Just change the names around.

It is the USCIS address if you are sending in your petition. The embassy if your fiance is taking it to the interview. The same address where you send your petition. Yes, for both of you the same address.

Thank you everyone! Feeling much better and confident now, and am much clearer about the address. Appreciate the feedback and glad to know it has worked for others in the past.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.