19 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi everyone, i got an email from USCIS to check my status and that's what it says:

On October 15, 2014, we mailed you a notice that we have approved this I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). Please follow any instructions on the notice. If you move before you receive the notice, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.

is this means our petition is accepted and there's no RFE??

Thanks in advance!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K1 Process to K1 Progress Forum~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

You petition has been approved at the USCIS service center level here in the US. However, you could encounter requests for documentation at a later time, such as the interview. Just bring everything with you at the interview. There are several self-proclaimed "Rocket Scientists" here on the website that will tell you to "NOT" bring everything with you. But, just to make sure my gal did bring everything with her and it paid off. And, it won't hurt to bring everything with you.

Best of luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Barbados
Timeline

you can call NVC and get your receipt number, in about 2 weeks, this is a redial game for nvc because they are very busy with calls etc. also check with in the week for a hard copy of your NOA2 in the email. when you have that make a copy for ur fiance for his interview. start gathering your papers, 1-134 etc

You petition has been approved at the USCIS service center level here in the US. However, you could encounter requests for documentation at a later time, such as the interview. Just bring everything with you at the interview. There are several self-proclaimed "Rocket Scientists" here on the website that will tell you to "NOT" bring everything with you. But, just to make sure my gal did bring everything with her and it paid off. And, it won't hurt to bring everything with you.

Best of luck!

I have to say this is some of the best advice I have read on here. I especially like the part about self proclaimed rocket scientists. I happen to work for a different branch of the USG (not going to say where so please do not ask) and you never know when someone new is going to rotate in or someone is going to go strictly by the book and require everything instead just what has traditionally been required by case officers. I see this happen all the time where I work and If this occurs the self proclaimed rocket scientist will say oh so sorry that is what has happened in the past. While you and your fiancée must wait while you two gather the information, get it to the consulate and then wait for a second interview or for a decision and then for the visa, and who would be burdened here you two or the self proclaimed rocket scientist??

If it is requested by consulate in their packet 3 and/or 4 they are going to get it from us.

My gal already has everything she needs from me and will get updated documents every couple of weeks until the interview occurs. I put together a cover sheet and divided each category listed on packet 3 & 4, showing what is inside each category. then each category has a cover sheet and is tabbed. My parts are already inserted and me fiancee will insert her portions.

When she gets there and they tell her we only need this and/or that and hand her back the rest, she will either shred the extra documents or burn them as soon as we see we do not need them. Better to destroy than to toss in the trash and have some low life get them and cause you problems later by having your information. Also, by organizing stuff the case officer does not have search for anything in he folder. I know when I get an organized file at work it gets processed quickly and if I am short on time one day I will do the organized file and get it out quickly rather just a portion of an un-organized file and having to come back to it in a few days and figure what I was doing with it all over again.

I have to say this is some of the best advice I have read on here. I especially like the part about self proclaimed rocket scientists. I happen to work for a different branch of the USG (not going to say where so please do not ask) and you never know when someone new is going to rotate in or someone is going to go strictly by the book and require everything instead just what has traditionally been required by case officers. I see this happen all the time where I work and If this occurs the self proclaimed rocket scientist will say oh so sorry that is what has happened in the past. While you and your fiancée must wait while you two gather the information, get it to the consulate and then wait for a second interview or for a decision and then for the visa, and who would be burdened here you two or the self proclaimed rocket scientist??

If it is requested by consulate in their packet 3 and/or 4 they are going to get it from us.

My gal already has everything she needs from me and will get updated documents every couple of weeks until the interview occurs. I put together a cover sheet and divided each category listed on packet 3 & 4, showing what is inside each category. then each category has a cover sheet and is tabbed. My parts are already inserted and me fiancee will insert her portions.

When she gets there and they tell her we only need this and/or that and hand her back the rest, she will either shred the extra documents or burn them as soon as we see we do not need them. Better to destroy than to toss in the trash and have some low life get them and cause you problems later by having your information. Also, by organizing stuff the case officer does not have search for anything in he folder. I know when I get an organized file at work it gets processed quickly and if I am short on time one day I will do the organized file and get it out quickly rather just a portion of an un-organized file and having to come back to it in a few days and figure what I was doing with it all over again.

Very well stated and explained!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

congratulations guys

we've been waiting for 5 months and nothing happened

Texas is the worse and you were lucky to receive it so quick

Thank you..and I hope you will get yours soon

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.