followmehome12

Panic About Removing Conditions in Light of Misdemeanor

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I have a question for VisaJourney.

My husband received a conditional discharge for a misdemeanor assault charge. He did NOT touch me. Nor was it ever even suggested he did. We were fighting and he said hateful words. I sincerely regret the police were called, but they were. We have attended counseling, and it has been a wonderful thing for our marriage.

My question is, will we hit a snag when it comes time for removing conditions in a few months? Our attorney said we would not, but he is not an immigration attorney per se.

Any advice for us? We are in complete panic mode.

Thanks in advance.

You need an immigration lawyer. Domestic violence is not an easy field for immigration.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

You need an immigration lawyer. Domestic violence is not an easy field for immigration.

This was not a domestic violence issue, it was a minor assault issue, there was no violence!

If there is no conviction then there's no issue.

Widow/er AoS Guide | Have AoS questions? Read (some) answers here

AoS

Day 0 (4/23/12) Petitions mailed (I-360, I-485, I-765)
2 (4/25/12) Petitions delivered to Chicago Lockbox
11 (5/3/12) Received 3 paper NOAs
13 (5/5/12) Received biometrics appointment for 5/23
15 (5/7/12) Did an unpleasant walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX
45 (6/7/12) Received email & text notification of an interview on 7/10
67 (6/29/12) EAD production ordered
77 (7/9/12) Received EAD
78 (7/10/12) Interview
100 (8/1/12) I-485 transferred to Vermont Service Centre
143 (9/13/12) Contacted DHS Ombudsman
268 (1/16/13) I-360, I-485 consolidated and transferred to Dallas
299 (2/16/13) Received second interview letter for 3/8
319 (3/8/13) Approved at interview
345 (4/3/13) I-360, I-485 formally approved; green card production ordered
353 (4/11/13) Received green card

Naturalisation

Day 0 (1/3/18) N-400 filed online

Day 6 (1/9/18) Walk-in biometrics in Fort Worth, TX

Day 341 (12/10/18) Interview was scheduled for 1/14/19

Day 376 (1/14/19) Interview

Day 385 (1/23/19) Denied

Day 400 (2/7/19) Denial revoked; N-400 approved; oath ceremony set for 2/14/19

Day 407 (2/14/19) Oath ceremony in Dallas, TX

Getting a lawyer is an option you may or may not want to explore. Since this case has already taken place and, from what I read, your husband pleaded guilty. He got a conditional discharge and you guys attended counseling. You really have no choice but to disclose everything. You will want to make sure you have all court documentation and counseling documentation available should the IO wish to see any of it. There really is no need to worry about it just make sure you have any and all documentation/evidence with you to show if asked for it.

Best of luck!

Getting a lawyer is an option you may or may not want to explore. Since this case has already taken place and, from what I read, your husband pleaded guilty. He got a conditional discharge and you guys attended counseling. You really have no choice but to disclose everything. You will want to make sure you have all court documentation and counseling documentation available should the IO wish to see any of it. There really is no need to worry about it just make sure you have any and all documentation/evidence with you to show if asked for it.

Best of luck!

You do not need a lawyer does your husband have a certified copy of disposition? he ll certainly be asked for one, if you already have it submit it with your papers as well and you're good to Go ...Habibi you wont go back to Egypt lol Best of luck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.