Saylin

NVC Filers - October 2014

2,405 posts in this topic

Keep hoping! You might get through today or next week.

I used TheBigO "prediction math" to estimate my CC's date I found Nov 6th...hope it realises! :)

What's your IV Package scan date?

I dont understsnd that math Lol. My AOS 9.3.14 and IV 10.6.14.

I just called this morning and spoke to a nice lady. She told me the same that it will take 60

Days from when the IV was

Received that they are working faster and that it can take less time.

Thanks for asking and if you know how to work with the math calculations please help

The Office of Civil Registry Vs. Census Bureau

Hello All,

Can anyone offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. On October 22, we received a checklist for a birth certificate and a divorcee decree/marriage termination for my spouse. The checklist stated we needed to submit the following: The document you submitted is not an original or certified copy of an original issued by the appropriate government authority. The document must be an original, or a certified copy of the original, bearing the original seal or stamp from the issuing authority.

The documents we submitted was a certified copy issued by the only office of Civil Registry in my spouse’s country and was also stamped as such, along with the English translation of course. I know it was not necessary but the document also had an Apostille seal. Unsure as to why we got this checklist I called the NVC to inquiry as to why. The CSR I spoke with at first did not make it very clear as to why we got a checklist, her question was “where was the document issued?” my answer, of course was the country of issuance, then she ask again where? My next answer was the town/capitol of that country. To get straight to the point the answer was supposed to be census bureau.

I explain to her that the documents were bearing the stamps from the office of Civil Registry, the stamps were very clear/noticeable. I did ask to speak with a supervisor & I was denied & asked why not. She explained to me that she will have to forward my case for a supervisor review. When asked how long will this take I got the “I don’t know.”

This may seem like a dumb question and my thinking is that they should be one in the same, but because the CSR said the documents should be issued by Census Bureau; and the documents actually bear the stamp from the Office of Civil Registry, is this not the same? The office of Civil Registry is the only office that issues these documents and stamps it as such. I called back the next day & again asked for a supervisor and was told none was available but I was assured my case was sent for supervisor review. I was also informed it could take up to 30 days to get a reply from a supervisor.

We waited 57 days (scan date was August 26) for a CC but instead, we get a checklist on October 22, now we are being told we have to wait up to 30 days just to get a reply. We are lost & unsure if or what the final result could possibly be and to have to wait up to 30 days to get a reply from a supervisor & then maybe another 60 days for whatever, is very disheartening.

Any advice, any help, anything at all will be appreciated.

Thanks!

As it states on NVC's website, birth certificates in Aruba need to be obtained from the Census Bureau: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/fees/reciprocity-by-country/AA.html#docs

Everyone should be checking the reciprocity page before sending in documents. I often see checklists because people aren't sending in the correct certificates.

I just called this morning and spoke to a nice lady. She told me the same that it will take 60

Thanks for asking and if you know how to work with the math calculations please help

Around Nov 20/21

Sorry everyone for my double posting today. Am all in a pickle after my CC. Had both computer and iPad open and it all got mixed up.

msc13,

yea I feel the same way!! I double posted as well! Anyway, someone said we may be able to get Dec interview? What have you seen?

event.png
event.png

Immigration Checklist for Juan & Benjamin:
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center
Consulate : Sydney, Australia
2103-08-12: Married
2013-09-11: I-130 Sent
2013-09-12: I-130 NOA1
2014-03-04: Transferred to NSC

2014-05-12: NOA2 Approval

2014-05-15: NOA2 shipped to NVC

2014-06-17: Case number assigned

2014-07-03: AOS & IV Bill Invoiced & Paid

2014-08-08: DS-260 Submitted

2014-08-22: AOS & IV Submitted

2014-09-03: AOS & IV Scanned. Received 60 day email

2014-10-30: Case complete!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Here is TheBigO formula:

CC = (0.7751 x IV ScanDate) + 102.22

Your IV scan date is 10.6.14 which is 279th day of 2014 now we can calculate :

CC= (0.7751*279) +102.22

CC= 216.25...+102.22

CC= 318,4...

Convert 318 days into a date you'll get your estimated CC date...Which is around 11.16.14 or 11.17.14!

Mine should be 11.06.14 or 11.07.14....We'll find out if the prediction is accurate next week for me and in about 2 weeks for you :)

Keep me posted and good luck!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

The Office of Civil Registry Vs. Census Bureau

Hello All,

Can anyone offer any advice it would be greatly appreciated. On October 22, we received a checklist for a birth certificate and a divorcee decree/marriage termination for my spouse. The checklist stated we needed to submit the following: The document you submitted is not an original or certified copy of an original issued by the appropriate government authority. The document must be an original, or a certified copy of the original, bearing the original seal or stamp from the issuing authority.

The documents we submitted was a certified copy issued by the only office of Civil Registry in my spouse’s country and was also stamped as such, along with the English translation of course. I know it was not necessary but the document also had an Apostille seal. Unsure as to why we got this checklist I called the NVC to inquiry as to why. The CSR I spoke with at first did not make it very clear as to why we got a checklist, her question was “where was the document issued?” my answer, of course was the country of issuance, then she ask again where? My next answer was the town/capitol of that country. To get straight to the point the answer was supposed to be census bureau.

I explain to her that the documents were bearing the stamps from the office of Civil Registry, the stamps were very clear/noticeable. I did ask to speak with a supervisor & I was denied & asked why not. She explained to me that she will have to forward my case for a supervisor review. When asked how long will this take I got the “I don’t know.”

This may seem like a dumb question and my thinking is that they should be one in the same, but because the CSR said the documents should be issued by Census Bureau; and the documents actually bear the stamp from the Office of Civil Registry, is this not the same? The office of Civil Registry is the only office that issues these documents and stamps it as such. I called back the next day & again asked for a supervisor and was told none was available but I was assured my case was sent for supervisor review. I was also informed it could take up to 30 days to get a reply from a supervisor.

We waited 57 days (scan date was August 26) for a CC but instead, we get a checklist on October 22, now we are being told we have to wait up to 30 days just to get a reply. We are lost & unsure if or what the final result could possibly be and to have to wait up to 30 days to get a reply from a supervisor & then maybe another 60 days for whatever, is very disheartening.

Any advice, any help, anything at all will be appreciated.

Thanks!

My Advice... It will take 1-4 weeks to finish Sup review.. the delay due to their workload...make sure which document you submitted..better submit the correct document before s/he touches your case...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

congratulations…..i believe you guys will get december interviews….fingers crossed for you and msc13

msc13,

yea I feel the same way!! I double posted as well! Anyway, someone said we may be able to get Dec interview? What have you seen?

Timeline

I just checked the scheduling for interviews in december…no one from australia got it yesterday…so i am assuming either today or monday you guys will get an interview date.

msc13,

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How do we check the interview Scheduling ?

I just checked the scheduling for interviews in december…no one from australia got it yesterday…so i am assuming either today or monday you guys will get an interview date.

Timeline

Well on the interview thread….dwheels76 has organized a spreadsheet like saylin has one for NVC.

If you check it, what i am noticing (just a theory) is they go by country when they organize the interviews….especially if you have already been given a case complete earlier than the interview scheduling days. I didn't see anyone from australia getting a date…so i am assuming it will be either today or monday for the aussies. :goofy::star:

How do we check the interview Scheduling ?

GM VJ,

Congrats on yesterday cc. If someone can help with TheBigO math. Just to have an idea. Both my package were send, received and scan date is Sept 24.

congratulations…..i believe you guys will get december interviews….fingers crossed for you and msc13

Thanks! From what I understand interviews are being scheduled now...so yes! fingers crossed!

event.png
event.png

Immigration Checklist for Juan & Benjamin:
IR-1/CR-1 Visa
Service Center : National Benefits Center
Consulate : Sydney, Australia
2103-08-12: Married
2013-09-11: I-130 Sent
2013-09-12: I-130 NOA1
2014-03-04: Transferred to NSC

2014-05-12: NOA2 Approval

2014-05-15: NOA2 shipped to NVC

2014-06-17: Case number assigned

2014-07-03: AOS & IV Bill Invoiced & Paid

2014-08-08: DS-260 Submitted

2014-08-22: AOS & IV Submitted

2014-09-03: AOS & IV Scanned. Received 60 day email

2014-10-30: Case complete!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.