e&z

Post NOA2- NVC Stage

777 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Try playing with dates, where it allows you to track several days. I was told by NVC that mine shipped the 8th and I found nothing, but when I entered a search from the 9th through the 10th, the only package leaving NVC to DR was on the 9th. Keep all caps and spaces as I did.

Good Luck

Thanks Tjoro70 I got it. I was putting the date range in wrong. Figured out they put dd/mm/yr...lol!!!! Still in route should be there this week.....getting closer!! ? Edited by mrsgraham91

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Laos
Timeline

Ok so I want to clarify this stage in the K1 process. I got my NOA2 on 10/1 and called a few times to NVC but they said they don't have my file yet. I'm doing it because everyone else is doing it too but I am unclear what to do once I get the case number from NVC, other than wait until the file is shipped to the embassy in the beneficiary's country and having the embassy contact the beneficiary for the next step. Please clarify what I can do with the case number once I get it to speed up the process. thanks. :cry:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Indonesia
Timeline

Ok so I want to clarify this stage in the K1 process. I got my NOA2 on 10/1 and called a few times to NVC but they said they don't have my file yet. I'm doing it because everyone else is doing it too but I am unclear what to do once I get the case number from NVC, other than wait until the file is shipped to the embassy in the beneficiary's country and having the embassy contact the beneficiary for the next step. Please clarify what I can do with the case number once I get it to speed up the process. thanks. :cry:

Getting the case number from NVC allows you to track your application on their website so you can see if they've shipped it to the embassy and if it has arrived there.

So it doesn't really speed up the process, just allows you to track things better.

Removing Conditions Timeline

Aug. 10, '17: Mailed in I-751

Aug. 21, '17: NOA1

October 23, '18: NOA2- approval

October 30, 18: 10-year GC received

Once you have the case number you can complete the DS-160 online, schedule medical exam, and I would at that point make sure your fiancée has all of the documents that they will need from you. I-134 financial support, letter of intent and some proof of continuing relationship. Most of this stuff you can start doing right now and update as you go.

WE have our DS-160 complete except for the case number, we used a dummy filler number there, save periodically but do not submit until you have the correct case number. it will stay active this way.

I shipped my fiancée everything early last week she needs from me, I will update everything every two weeks and mail it to her. this way if things move quickly she will have it all and we will not be in a panic.

you can also go to the links up top and look at embassy info. and see what others have said your fiancée will need in packet 3 and 4 and what they have to say about the embassy. you can also go to portals and see specific discussion about that country

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Got my NOA2 on 10-7-2014 from CSC now going to NVC then to Vietnam. Waiting on NVC case #

K-1 Visa Timeline

I-129F Received : 2014-08-29

NOA1 : 2014-09-03

I-129F NOA2 : 2014-10-07

NVC Received : 2014-10-30

Paid visa fee $265 : 2014-11-19

Submitted DS-160 Form 2014-11-19

Interview scheduled - 2015-1-22

Visa Issued and in Hand on 2015-1-31!!       

AOS Timeline

Mailed out AOS Package to USCIS to Chicago Lockbox with tracking and signature 2015-05-09

Received email and text notification of AOS package 2015-05-15

Received hard copy of NOA1's for 3 AOS packet 2015-05-21

Successful Biometrics walk in SF Field Office on 2015-06-03

Got email notification AOS interview scheduled on 2015-09-03

Green Card in Hand - 2015-10-14!!! YAY!!!

I-751 ( ROC )

July 8, 2017 mailed I-751 packet via USPS Priority Mail with Tracking #

July 10th, 2017 I-751 Package was delivered to PO Box to USCIS Laguna Niguel

July 12, 2017  Check cashed from CSC

July 13, 2017 Received NOA1 in the mail, NOA1 Dated July 10th

February 26, 2018 case transferred to local office

August 17, 2018 Received new extension letter

September 19, 2018 Case transferred and new office has jurisdiction

September 24th, 2018 Received case transfer notice in the mail to Texas Center

October 17, 2018 Card in Production APPROVED!!! WHOO-WHOO!!!!:dance::dance:

NO RFE or Interview on ROC I751!!!

October 22nd, 2018 USPS tracking updated GC to arrive on Oct 24th!

October 23rd, 2018 Green Card in Hand!!

N-400

Dec 15th, 2018 Filed online and got NOA1

Dec 21st, 2018 Biometrics Appointment scheduled online scheduled for Jan 9th 2019

Jan 2nd, 2019 Successful Biometrics walk in

September 27, 2019 Interview Scheduled for Nov 8, 2019

Interview on Nov 8, 2019 Passed! :dance::wow:

Oath Ceremony scheduled on Dec 12, 2019

Attended Oath Ceremony Officially a US Citizen! :wow::dance:

Applied for US Passport Dec 12th, 2019

Passport in hand on Jan 17th, 2020

Hi guys! Hope everything is well . Please - anyone that is able to answer this question go ahead( all suggestions, opinions, experiences, thoughts, and facts are greatly appreciated) . I am open to clarify my question as replies come in. it seems complicated.

I, the petitioner, am 20 years old turning 21 in december. College student. My fiance and I have been together for a while( 5 years) 4 years being apart :(. Well that's enough from us. Question is- ive never had a fulltime permanent job neither have I ever filed tax returns. My parents file joint taxes and claim me as one of their dependants. However, i recently found a perm job which is great(reason why we are doing all this) since i dont have my own tax returns I will obviously be using my parents but we would still need a co-sponsor which we have and is above povertyline. question short: will they consider my parents as cosponsor or just proof of my income? Them alone is not enough and we will definitely need the other sponsor. This is probably not clear enough for you guys but im deperate for answers. God bless!

Hi guys! Hope everything is well . Please - anyone that is able to answer this question go ahead( all suggestions, opinions, experiences, thoughts, and facts are greatly appreciated) . I am open to clarify my question as replies come in. it seems complicated.

I, the petitioner, am 20 years old turning 21 in december. College student. My fiance and I have been together for a while( 5 years) 4 years being apart :(. Well that's enough from us. Question is- ive never had a fulltime permanent job neither have I ever filed tax returns. My parents file joint taxes and claim me as one of their dependants. However, i recently found a perm job which is great(reason why we are doing all this) since i dont have my own tax returns I will obviously be using my parents but we would still need a co-sponsor which we have and is above povertyline. question short: will they consider my parents as cosponsor or just proof of my income? Them alone is not enough and we will definitely need the other sponsor. This is probably not clear enough for you guys but im deperate for answers. God bless!

From what I have read some Consulates will accept a co-sponsor and some will not. I want to post a new thread so people can see the question in the Title.

You may title it like; Co-sponsor Dominican Republic?? or Does Dominican Republic Consulate accept Co-sponsors?? and then post your question in there.

hope it works.

From what I have read some Consulates will accept a co-sponsor and some will not. I want to post a new thread so people can see the question in the Title.

You may title it like; Co-sponsor Dominican Republic?? or Does Dominican Republic Consulate accept Co-sponsors?? and then post your question in there.

hope it works.

Thanks much. They do accept cosponsor

Also, where do O call to get interview date. I just checked nvc case status and it says: "your case is in transit to consular. Your interview date was provided to you by the national visa center" does this mean i have a date for interview scheduled already???? Where should i call?

Timeline

Also, where do O call to get interview date. I just checked nvc case status and it says: "your case is in transit to consular. Your interview date was provided to you by the national visa center" does this mean i have a date for interview scheduled already???? Where should i call?

I got the same msg when I called they said you get ur interview date from the embassy. I guess its a generic msg. But u can call NVC just to verify may be different depending on embassy it's going to.

I got the same msg when I called they said you get ur interview date from the embassy. I guess its a generic msg. But u can call NVC just to verify may be different depending on embassy it's going to.

Ok thanks. Did you call to the embassy to figure out . Were they able to provide you with a date and also, when did you get the message and have u gotten any other update?

Timeline

Ok thanks. Did you call to the embassy to figure out . Were they able to provide you with a date and also, when did you get the message and have u gotten any other update?

I got the msg on Oct 9th when they mailed it. I called that same night. I haven't contacted the embassy yet but I did track the package and it was received and signed for Oct 13th. I also got in the mail today a letter from NVC stating they mailed the petition. Now fiancè is waiting for 1st packet with instructions.

I got the msg on Oct 9th when they mailed it. I called that same night. I haven't contacted the embassy yet but I did track the package and it was received and signed for Oct 13th. I also got in the mail today a letter from NVC stating they mailed the petition. Now fiancè is waiting for 1st packet with instructions.

Just wondering how did you track the package? I know someone explained it earlier in this thread but I tried and no luck.

So not that I'm unappreciative, but I found it odd for CEAC status to change from "In Transit" to "Ready" in just two days. So I spent my $7 and called the consulate in DR, they don't have my file in the system yet. Not surprised at all.

But here is some useful information for you guys while waiting. I read older threads on how to track packages leaving NVC to different country consulates and it worked!!!! My file was arriving today according to DHL track, so I thought you should try:

Go to DHL Website, click on tracking, then "tracking by reference"

Enter EXP 08 OCT 2014A (my ship date according to NVC)

You are able to track packages leaving within time frames

Select your country or leave blank then click on track, when I left blank a list of waybills appeared from NVC TO DIFFERENT COUNTRIES AND WHEN I chose my country, only one package appeared and actually picked up on the 9th (not the 8th as I was told) and arriving to DR this eve.

So, you guys should try this and post your findings....

Hi jtoro70,

Hope everything is going great for you.

I had asked a while ago about tracking on dhl since my case says "in transit since 10/14 afternoon. I tried your instructions but couldn't get anywhere.

What do I enter on the Shipper's reference blank box?

Hi jtoro70,

Hope everything is going great for you.

I had asked a while ago about tracking on dhl since my case says "in transit since 10/14 afternoon. I tried your instructions but couldn't get anywhere.

What do I enter on the Shipper's reference blank box?

Did you call NVC and get an actual ship date? This helps in searching. If its the 14th, then enter EXP 14 OCT 2014A.

TIME LINE

5/21/14 - MAILED I-129F PETITION (L)

5/22/14 - USCIS RCVD PETITION :)

5/27/14 - NOA1 :)

8/11/14 - TRANSFERRED TO CSC?? :unsure:

9/16/14 - NOA2 EMAIL!!! :dancing:

9/22/14 - NOA2 HARD COPY!! :)

10/6/14 - NVC RECEIVED APPROVED PETITION, CASE NUMBER PROVIDED.

10/8/14 - CEAC STATUS "READY"

10/9/14 - PACKAGE LEFT NVC TO DR CONSULATE! :dancing:

10/14/14 - CONSULATE RECEIVED :yes:

10/16/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

10/20/14 - GOT MY INTERVIEW FOR 12/15/14, CALLED CONSULATE IN DR :goofy:

10/21/14 - INTERVIEW DATE POSTED ON THE IV CURRENT APPOINTMENT LIST

10/24/14 - CEAC STATUS UPDATE DATE CHANGE: STILL "READY"

11/03/14 - PACKET 4 RCVD

12/15/14 - INTERVIEW - APPROVED!!! :D

12/18/14 - CEAC STATUS - ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING..........

12/19/14 - CEAC STATUS - ISSUED!

12/24/14 - VISA PICKED UP AT DOMEX

12/25/14 - ENTERED US /FORT LAUDERDALE POE

01/07/15 - SS RECVD

03/01/15 - MARRIED

04/09/15 - AOS PACKAGE SUBMITTED VIA FEDEX

04/14/15 - NOA RCVD

05/07/15 - BIOMETRICS COMPLETED

06/23/15 - EAD APPROVED

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.